Suicide Bombing the Wizard round start

The_Silver_Nuke
Byond Username: The_Silver_Nuke

Suicide Bombing the Wizard round start

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #510951

This should be against the rules. The player that happened to roll wizard was deprived of their opportunity to be creative and actually play the game, and other players get cucked out of being able to fight the wizard. Just because one person doesn't like to play on wiz rounds they decide, "Unga, me bomb wiz," now everyone has a terrible time. Suicide bombing wizard before 15 minutes should be bannable.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Suicide Bombing the Wizard round start

Post by wesoda25 » #510961

its almost as if wizard rounds aren’t enjoyable.... if you need to come up with wack ruling policies to preserve the integrity of a gamemode, its not a good gamemode. Just don’t get bombed next time lol.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #510981

The wizard is valid. Full stop.

You're allowed to kill yourself at any time for any reason, unless you're a command role or team antag.

You're allowed to cause damage to the station as a non-antag so long as it's done in an effort to end the round. You're even allowed to cause casualties so long as your action kills the antag as well.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #511025

Suicide bombing isn't fun, period.

Features without counter play are never enjoyable. You can't do shit about being suicide bombed except keep over 5 tiles distance from every single person on the station.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #511029

The_Silver_Nuke wrote:The player that happened to roll wizard was deprived of their opportunity to be creative...
What wizard rounds are you seeing creativity take place in? Nine out of ten times they just murderbone, with varying degrees of success.
I will point out that if somebody actually does try to do something amusing and out of the ordinary, like friendly/gimmicky wiz, MORE people will just try to go kill them ASAP by any means necessary.
The_Silver_Nuke wrote:...and other players get cucked out of being able to fight the wizard.
I mean...too bad? You seriously want a rule in place to fix the problem of "they killed an antag before I could, no fair"?

Maybe a game mode that lends itself to a single dude running around round-removing people until a greytider dunks on them is just inherently not that fun; food for thought.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #511076

wiz have many 1 click gg at their disposals which can easly kill the whole clueless crew, with the availibility of bombs people started using them to insta round end for their effectiveness instead of an epic scooby doo catching script where wiz blinks and fireballs self 10 min after.
in dynamic mode it isnt allowed by rules because there is no round end and you self remove yourself while everyone else can still play so there is no incentive in doing so if round didnt turn into garbage.

“the wiz player who got their oppurtunity to be creative removed “ (probably you as who else would open this kind of thread) should just say say “sad” and hope to be more accepted next time as if it wasnt a bomb it would have been a shotgun in the face, validmov borgs, lexorin syringegun, booby trapped medkits or something else as its fair game. other people succeeded to make gimmicks while playing wiz and dodging the aspirant isis recluits, git gud or something instead of opening a thread because someone didnt considered whatever in your mind could have been interesting instead of the usual fireball to face
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #511171

This speaks more about bombs as a mechanic. It's cool when they take effort but if you're able to whip up multiple maxcaps with special triggers within 10-15 minutes, there's a problem
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #511191

remove wizard
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #511206

remove the gamemode itself and keep it in dynamic
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #511219

I'm confused as to how a wizard got bombed round start when they spawn in the den. If you mean as soon as they teleport to the station, then that's just on them for being a dumb fuck.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #511233

PKPenguin321 wrote:This speaks more about bombs as a mechanic. It's cool when they take effort but if you're able to whip up multiple maxcaps with special triggers within 10-15 minutes, there's a problem
I personally think TTV's should have to be wrenched down to explode, just like syndicate bombs.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #511262

BeeSting12 wrote:I'm confused as to how a wizard got bombed round start when they spawn in the den. If you mean as soon as they teleport to the station, then that's just on them for being a dumb fuck.
This was probably prompted by a round on sybil where a scientist made a maxcap in 2 minutes and I think 40 seconds and then immediately killing the wizard with it.

Maxcap speedrunning is a thing.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #511267

And absolutely nobody was surprised when this was revealed to be an "ided" salt post in disguise.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #511273

NecromancerAnne wrote:This was probably prompted by a round on sybil where a scientist made a maxcap in 2 minutes and I think 40 seconds and then immediately killing the wizard with it.

Maxcap speedrunning is a thing.

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #511276

Actually the OP wasn't the wizard. I think.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #511340

Can someone explain to me how suicide bombing is supposed to be an interesting mechanic?
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #511369

because it ends a time limited round and ppl can go on the next one
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #511370

Unapologetically risking your own ability to play the game to roll another round. If the wizard hits that ethereal jaunt fast enough, you get the satisfaction of not only having the station suffer massive damage, get a wizard round to fuck around in, but also get someone banned because they wanted the round to end and fucked up.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #515199

Suicide bombing the wizard is allowed and a similar previous headmin precedent that ties to this one is the following, allowing the use of suicide bombs against antags like the wizard if it ends the round right after: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 62#p329751
Armhulen wrote:if your extremely griefy thing doesn't DIRECTLY WIN THE ROUND RIGHT AFTER it's griff and bannable
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: