Remove Escalation

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Game Master

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
Cobby

Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Remove Escalation

Postby Cobby » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:10 pm #519111

Healing is still "easy", it just requires you to stay within the doctor's office a bit more.

If our policy was ever built around the idea that "oh you can just get cloned" when that means you can be out of the round from anywhere between a few minutes to never playing said round again, it was a shit policy.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:47 pm #519116

Fair. But it sure is a different era from the days of instant healing viro that's 10x faster then fleshmend and 2 tap sleeper medbay.

Spoiler:

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

Cobby

Postby Cobby » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:51 pm #519122

Also pre-defibs meaning cloning HAD to be used, and also most likely pre-multitube cloning which is hardly used now anyways despite the pro's associated.

Regardless if you could neg 199 to 100 like with foamestry, if the idea that DYING was ok because of cloning's existence ergo we can give a lot of leeway to people who kill others, it was a BAD policy. I don't think that was ever the case though because we used to be quite strict on greytide as well as beating people up at all so not sure where this notion is coming from to begin with.

To my understanding, we're probably more lax now than we ever were in terms of how permissible it is to mess with other people. I can't tell if it's my rosetints or (yours) though.

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:36 pm #519127

Cobby wrote:Also pre-defibs meaning cloning HAD to be used, and also most likely pre-multitube cloning which is hardly used now anyways despite the pro's associated.

newfags cant speedclone
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

Sandshark808

Byond Username: Sandshark808

Postby Sandshark808 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:27 am #519131

Cobby wrote:To my understanding, we're probably more lax now than we ever were in terms of how permissible it is to mess with other people. I can't tell if it's my rosetints or (yours) though.

I think the complaint he has (and certainly the one I have) is that we're more lax on killing people but it's harder to bring them back, so being lax makes no sense.

Grazyn

Byond Username: Grazyn

Postby Grazyn » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:30 am #519175

Dr_bee wrote:Hard red line should be death, not permanent round removal. Everyone in the game is given an epinephrine pen for a reason. There is no reason you cannot beat someone into crit, epi-pen them, then fireman carry their ass to medbay. Beating someone to death is frankly bad roleplay as you are beating your co-worker to death.

I think people are afraid the other guy will come back for round 2, and if he wins, there's no guarantee he's gonna have the courtesy to return the favour. There's also no guarantee the admin currently online is gonna take your side and not rule it IC issue. After all, there were arguments in the past about what can be defined as "removed from the round". What if the guy just leaves your body where you died, but it's a low traffic area so nobody is gonna find you before the round ends? Should it be treated the same as spacing/gibbing?

Tlaltecuhtli

Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:24 am #519321

there should be a "end of escalation" once after beating a faggot and throw him in medica sol he wont have the right to kill and space you as soon as he gets healed, like its just better to not drag to medical or to make sure you clone him on a tier 1 cloner, steal all his stuff and maybe also get the ai to set him to arrest to just hinder him enough that you are dead to nuke ops by the time he gets a crowbar and starts man hunting

Cobby

Postby Cobby » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:34 pm #519444

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Cobby wrote:Also pre-defibs meaning cloning HAD to be used, and also most likely pre-multitube cloning which is hardly used now anyways despite the pro's associated.

newfags cant speedclone

we don't talk about the secret monkey tech or depowering into cryo cuz no such thing as organs

Previous

Return to Policy Discussion