57%
No
43%

Total votes: 37

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Make Manuel Dynamic As Well [POLL]

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #543130

In my opinion, the most fun part of SS13 is the antag-crew interaction. But sadly, you almost never see roundstart antags on Manuel, except for one or two traitors. Like, I haven't experienced a rev round since... the end of November.
Yeeeah... I know that secret has a chance of rolling dynamic, but it's very very rare.
I don't know what else to say, thoughts?

Also;
dirk_mcblade wrote:Perhaps the discussion should be what sort of parameters to dynamic would be acceptable for a MRP server?
Last edited by Tarchonvaagh on Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: Make Manuel Dynamic As Well

Post by Agux909 » #543143

No. Dynamic rounds usually make everything super chaotic, which can be acceptable and fun in LRP, but throw inmersion and RP out of the window for MRP. Definitely not

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #543173

Dynamic is still working out the balance
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #543179

Agux909 wrote:No. Dynamic rounds usually make everything super chaotic, which can be acceptable and fun in LRP, but throw inmersion and RP out of the window for MRP. Definitely not
not necessarily, it was toned down quite a while ago
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #543207

I don't know, I think MRP shouldn't be the place to incorporate perma dynamic. Dynamic from time to time is fine though

skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #543215

Dynamic can be tuned to a much greater extent than secret can, per server. The powers that be dont wanna be the ones to do it though, take it up at the next headmin election which is pretty close.
Spoiler:
Then watch it get ignored or promised and never done, you should have learned by now.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #543225

Don't missunderstand me, I like Dynamic and I like having 1 or 2 servers with it. But in it's current state it wouldn't do any good to have it 24/7 in Manuel. It would get old fast, as people would immediately opt for efficiency and powergaming over RP against the potential chaotic combinations Dynamic throws at the station.

It really destroys inmersion when you have a blob, traitors, lings and Xenos boning because the station is already in a state of chaos with even parts of its layout unrecognizable.

skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #543293

"its current state" is that it is adjustable in its entirety through configs, and it can take whatever shape is wanted of it.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #543296

Remember when datum antags (and by extension dynamic) were an impossible dream that kept burning out coders trying to make it happen?

Feels weird that there's so much pushback against it; once tuned properly it has the potential to both fix many deep-rooted gamemode issues, and allow for much deeper gameplay. And the second part goes double for RP-focused servers where different antags have an actual chance at collaboration.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #543328

Perhaps the discussion should be what sort of parameters to dynamic would be acceptable for a MRP server?
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #543362

dirk_mcblade wrote:Perhaps the discussion should be what sort of parameters to dynamic would be acceptable for a MRP server?
good idea!
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #543421

To that end I'll say since it seems Manuel rounds typically last about two hours before the risk of a crash goes up, maybe the rate at which new antags are ruled should be once every 40 minutes plus minus a small random amount so as not to create too much chaos?
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #543431

If we had more abductor-style nonlethal side antags we couls use those inbetween big threats to keep the round moving fluidly
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #543442

skoglol wrote:"its current state" is that it is adjustable in its entirety through configs, and it can take whatever shape is wanted of it.
I just base my feedback from what I see when I play rounds of Dynamic. Maybe it has been tweaked and it can be tweaked further, but I don't know the specifics, I just play the game. From personal experience playing dynamic, I've seen it can range from a fun-for-all good combination of antags which can lead to interesting situations and RP scenarios, to complete random incoherence, chaos and powergaming, which I personally think doesn't suit a MRP server. That's why I say that enabling Dynamic 24/7 doesn't seem like a good idea to me in Manuel right now.

Of course if it can be tweaked specifically to suit MRP and you guys guide these tweaks by listening to feedback from the playerbase, I'm game to see how it turns out.

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Make Manuel Dynamic As Well [POLL]

Post by Vekter » #550548

God please no

There are some antags and modes that just don't work on Manuel
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #550551

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Dynamic is still working out the balance
It's hard to work out the balance in a game mode when it's not being actively tested
Manuel is a unique environment that will need unique testing
It's going to be out of whack for a while, but that's a necessary phase in moving towards a more interesting game mode
Also for the love of Christ remove meteors