What now consititutes spam?

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

What now consititutes spam?

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #552913

What constitutes spamming in the official discord?

Some posts regarding the meme goof appeal seem to indicate that it consists of "Two or three times in a day".

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26204

But other linked rulings by discord mods say that two immediately after each other is not spam.

Can someone please clear this up?

kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: What now consititutes spam?

Post by bobbahbrown » #552918

this should be subjective i dont believe there can be a good guideline issued on this topic

the closest we could get would be like: does your message disrupt an actual conversation? are you doing it in a malicious manner?

the majority of things that we see that are spam-like on the discord are non-problematic and I don't really see anyone complain about them because repeated messages are often funny and quirky

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: What now consititutes spam?

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #562218

This is going to be context sensitive, but the best benchmark for this is if it is interrupting an active discussion. Meme spam does happen, and it can be fun for people to get involved, but it should not be interrupting people’s conversations where you have to scroll past them to see what someone previously said. Additionally, there is a point where it gets too much when its not interrupting a conversation, that’s in the ballpark area of having to scroll up a ton to look at anything resembling a regular discussion (10-20+ posts depending on the spam type).

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Phuzzylodgik: Yes.
TWATICUS: Yes.