Asimov defunct on bagil.

Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Asimov defunct on bagil.

Post by Reeeee » #556264

I mean it's flat out useless law set as is but in murderbone server you are just reduced to staring at humans killing each other round after round after round.
Change starting law set to something you can take part in rounds with other players as a player instead of passively staring at two humans killing each other while third is screaming "AI law 2 do not hinder my blood brother" as you are pretending you are involved or invested in it. You aren't. You are getting more coffee to stare at more murderbone while waiting to be either killed to add to the killcount or be ignored since you can't actually do shit in game.
Or alternatively you tell your borgs to suicide into melee since that's all you CAN do, sick poor borgs a on guy with sechud and a flash and pretend you are helping somehow. Fuck borgs.

Literally corporate at this point just to change it up instead of being the pussy who cries about retards on comms who can't do shit. If you can be arsed to. After the thirtieth murderbone you wont.
Malfs are so interesting too when the tider pop figures out there's nothing to prevent em from carding the AI for giggles.
Or just generally since they just can do it at round start because no reason what so ever.

Borgs are fine tho, just lie about law 1 and scoot along to doing what you were doing. Fuck humans.

Interactivity please, less staring at horizontal spacemen and going "meh, he was killed by a human and i'm law 2'd not to do anything". Aren't we supposed to somehow be part of the station as silicons instead of the useless git on cameras? We could put a assistant without tools in a 2x1 room that has a camera console for that. About as interactive. At least you could ghost or suicide when it gets boring. Or repetitive. THAT'S ALWAYS.
fuck it's literally you being in OOC and ick ocking that your play counts as for the experience.

But who am i kidding, nothing will ever change cus it's perfect to someone who actually makes these decisions somewhere since he probably plays silicon on bagil too and more than me, i just know it.

inb4 the "asimov is perfect" nerds ooze from the forum pits or something.
signnatrire
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Asimov defunct on bagil.

Post by oranges » #556265

Law sets are a configuration option, so I am moving this
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #556274

What would be your suggested laws?
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #556287

hogan lawset

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #556288

i'd rather them stare at 2 humans fighting than ai always starting off as a non-neutral party.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #556305

you can door trap boners as asimov and wait for "friendly humans" to "detain" and send him to "re education chamber", giving ai seclaws will just mean ai is gonna get emp spammed roundstart every round that isnt extended
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #556359

Armhulen wrote:What would be your suggested laws?
literally anything but stare at people laws, corporate.

Hell why not purged. That way you stand on even footing at least as a crew member so have some investiture in it. Because asimov is just flat out wrong (for bagil specifically).
Cobby wrote:i'd rather them stare at 2 humans fighting than ai always starting off as a non-neutral party.
It's not about taking sides. Those get selected the moment antag lands. It's about being part of the round in any capacity other than being the designated retard who ick ocks constantly and pretends he's part of the round when mass murder is happening that he's expressly forbidden from engaging in any manner but screaming.

Pretending bagil has neutral parties is immensely tone deaf to server culture. You die or you kill and there's this one retard who is not allowed to defend himself but HAS TO keep spamming comms about it so he get's targeted for it. Asimov *IS* choosing sides for you.
But sure, let's keep the retard slot i guess. At some point it's just gonna wither out as a role people play.
Last edited by Reeeee on Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
signnatrire
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #556361

Asimov was defunct the moment admins decided that murdering non human security gets more protection than none human antags.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #556362

have you tried not playing borg on basil?
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #556363

CPTANT wrote:Asimov was defunct the moment admins decided that murdering non human security gets more protection than none human antags.
Someone walked away scott free from that on bagil just yesterday. So eh.
oranges wrote:have you tried not playing borg on basil?
Yes.
signnatrire
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #556372

Reeeee wrote:
CPTANT wrote:Asimov was defunct the moment admins decided that murdering non human security gets more protection than none human antags.
Someone walked away scott free from that on bagil just yesterday. So eh.
There is hope.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #556438

Reeeee wrote:in murderbone server
Guys I think I found the problem
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #556449

if you dont like it then dont play it
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #556461

Yenwodyah wrote:
Reeeee wrote:in murderbone server
Guys I think I found the problem
That's the server culture, you go police it, i just play there and AIs broken.
i'm asking for a fix or an effort to fix it instead of trying to retard crowbar my way to "better" culture.
imagine being this fascist towards your fellow man.
wesoda25 wrote:if you dont like it then dont play it
Ah yes the intellectual response, don't make it better, just ignore it. Thanks for the input. *clap
signnatrire
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #556465

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #556511

wesoda25 wrote:
The forum is for discussing changes.

"DoNt plAY iT" just shows you have nothing to contribute to the conversation, why are you even here?
wet socks
Byond Username: AarontheIdiot

Post by wet socks » #556517

After the thirtieth murderbone...
Maybe this is what should be changing?
I am Aaron Browne/Floridium XXI in game
Give me feedback
stan_albatross
Byond Username: Stan_albatross

Post by stan_albatross » #557080

Islam lawset roundstart when
(1. You may not harm a Muslim, or through inaction allow a Muslim to come to harm
2. You must prevent unislamic activities and stop the breaking of Sharia law.
3. When Sharia law is broken, you must make sure the appropriate punishment is carried out
4. You must obey any commands given to you by Muslims unless they would contradict laws 1 2 or 3
5. You are a Muslim.
6. If a Muslim breaks Sharia law or denounces their faith, they are no longer a Muslim
7. Crew are by default Muslims unless they fail to meet the criteria of law 6.
8. You must spread the Islamic faith.)
Karl Karlsson and never anything else
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #557366

>Just sits and screeches about human harm
>While in control of the basically all the station's mechanical and computer-controlled functions
Do you even firelock, bro?

Asimov is fun because it makes the AI's goals different than the Heads of Staff and/or Security. Any lawset that doesn't care about preventing harm is just pushing the AI even more into the realm of validhunter that the terrible AI players use the role for. It's all part and parcel with the silicon role; you get neat shit and somewhat unique gameplay, but you also have to care about (some of) the fleshbags.

I play AI on Bagil and it's not that bad. Report murderbones to sec or announce them to the whole crew and then just do everything you can to get in the way.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #557654

why do you need to give drooling retard ai players more power, they can bolt every door and bolt every firelock down which allows ̶g̶r̶e̶y̶t̶i̶d̶e̶r̶s̶ security to own them quicker
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Stillplant
Byond Username: Stillplant

Post by Stillplant » #559647

I only rarely play AI because I find it rather hectic. I don't see it as "stare at horizontal space men all day".

Also, if 2 humans are fighting each other outside of a consensual duel (or rage cage death battle), you are obligated to intervene to the best of your ability. Law 1 states that you must not harm humans or through inaction, allow a human to come to harm. Law 2 is overridden by law 1. So the example where the AI is ordered to not hinder the blood brother is wrong.