AI Engineer experience

The_Silver_Nuke
Byond Username: The_Silver_Nuke

AI Engineer experience

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #567231

Too many times I've noticed the SM delam because nobody set it up shift start. The AI can make it safe to operate shift start with zero assistance, it won't generate power since they can't insert plasma cans but it won't explode at the minimum. I'd like to suggest that AI roles not only require borg experience, but also require a few hours of engineer and atmos experience as well. In my opinion a silicon who can't navigate engineering shouldn't be an AI.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: AI Engineer experience

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #567232

>Too many times I've noticed the SM delam because nobody set it up shift start.
sm doesnt delam on its own if no one sets it up, if its a sabotage or an hubbie retard ahelp or valid him

>I'd like to suggest that AI roles not only require borg experience, but also require a few hours of engineer and atmos experience as well. In my opinion a silicon who can't navigate engineering shouldn't be an AI.
few hours means nothing, make ai require 500h of total play time minimum and 100 h of silicon
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #567233

Job time requirements are trash.

Having my game glitch losing all my roles was fucking aids.

Fuck no.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #567247

Please no. Playing the game shouldn't require a PHD in 2d Spacemans.

There is nothing wrong with people not being able to handle every crisis a job throws at them.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Eskjjlj
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #567252

Players should pass quizzes about game mechanics to unlock jobs. They wouldn't be all clueless this way.
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #567253

Eskjjlj wrote:Players should pass quizzes about game mechanics to unlock jobs. They wouldn't be all clueless this way.
they're just gonna look up the answers on the wiki without learning anything
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
vkalls
Byond Username: Vincent Kallstrom

Post by vkalls » #567254

I think that maybe a few hours of engi experience is fine (like 4 hours-ish), but I don't think atmos experience should be required. And honestly, I don't think AI NEEDS to have engi experience as a requirement.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #567724

I've been a silicon main for ages and still have exactly 0 hours in any role in the Engineering department.

AI playtime requirements are already agonizing to complete (I had to meet them on Fulp before I could play AI there, and it was an absolute ballache), since they rely on having a shitton of playtime in a single role that has only one roundstart slot (and a highly contested one, at that) and can't latejoin (outside of posibrains and the like).

In short: No, please, god, no. Just put a "how to set up SM as an AI for dummies" section on the wiki if you really care about this.
TheMidnghtRose
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Post by TheMidnghtRose » #568433

No? Yes quite a few AI do not know how to setup the SM but they are idiots if they do not know the key decision when playing AI. Delegation. Delegate it to another member of the crew who does. Make an announcement and have someone job swap to engineering.
Emerald Gleaner -/Roboticist/Replica AI Series
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #568511

frankly my dear i don't give a damn
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #568542

The role of an AI is to coordinate the efforts of the station crew and communicate, while handling and relaying information (i.e. what you see, what you get PDA'd from an anonymous tip, etc). Engineers barely do any communicating (off to my autism fort/SM setup!) and no coordination (There's a breach, where's my fellow engineers?)
The AI experience is closer to command roles (especially cap and hop) in that regard, so why not require some time in that department instead?
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #568543

On the other hand, cyborgs are multipurpose with many modules for various niches and departmental uses. Not just engineering experience is required (even if engineering is the most popular choice), there's medical experience, service experience, janitor experience, a bit of security experience, mining experience, the list goes on. You can't just require one, you have to either require them all, require them by module (which is stupid), or require none at all.

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #570863

No thanks.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: No.
Phuzzylodgik: No.
TWATICUS: No.