[DYNAMIC] weight system makes me not happy at all and all the cool antags are gone

saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

[DYNAMIC] weight system makes me not happy at all and all the cool antags are gone

Post by saprasam » #578321

as a dynamic player, i've noticed that almost every midround antag nowadays is just nightmare or revenant, less commonly space ninja (I MISS YOU), blob, and space dragon, and the 2nd rarest is wizard, coming up with number 1 spot going to xeno. why? as a man with a phd in being STUPID, i'll give you what i know of how dynamic works
>be midround antag
>have weight
>weight goes from 1-3?
>weight drastically decreases the chances of things spawning because >something something threat level required, (weight + rarity???)
what i find peculiar however is that from one. (ONE) coder so you have to take this with a grain of salt is that if there is 20 threat, it will more often then not go for space wizard instead of something like xeno, blob, dragon etc, and i miss seeing all these Very Balanced and Interactive midround antags, because they're FUN.

tl;dr: can we like...... make it so some antags arent impossibly rare on dynamic? like xeno is a 2% chance now basically, same as xenobio egg, space ninja is fucking gone
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Re: [DYNAMIC] weight system makes me not happy at all and all the cool antags are gone

Post by skoglol » #578335

You're delusional. Dynamic runs the midround threat system on top of the normal event system, meaning the normal midround antag events can spawn for free if eligible. Dynamic midround threat events will roll if there is a significant amount of threat left to roll, which isn't all that common especially in greater amounts.
saprasam

Re: [DYNAMIC] weight system makes me not happy at all and all the cool antags are gone

Post by saprasam » #578423

skoglol wrote:You're delusional. Dynamic runs the midround threat system on top of the normal event system, meaning the normal midround antag events can spawn for free if eligible. Dynamic midround threat events will roll if there is a significant amount of threat left to roll, which isn't all that common especially in greater amounts.
well fuck my shit up then, guess i was on crack
still feels like there's next to no antags other then nightmare and revenant nowadays
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #578437

if Anything the mid rounds spawn alot of wizards in my personal play, Alot of my recent wiz playtime is from mid rounds. Perks of being a jannie
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #578441

*gasp Naloac abuses power for wiz playtime!???!?111
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #578453

Naloac wrote:if Anything the mid rounds spawn alot of wizards in my personal play, Alot of my recent wiz playtime is from mid rounds. Perks of being a jannie
something something c*der says "if there's 20 threat dynamic will more often not pick wizard instead of other antags for midround"
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #578460

There are server side config changes for some midrounds in dynamic, see https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 95#p563073

This would have decreased the frequency of them somewhat, considering there is less likely to be enough threat left for the roll. The changes were made in response to them rolling all the time.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #580694

In the past there was an issue where certain high hazard antags such as xenos/blob were spawning far too frequently, hence the bump in their cost on dynamic. A slight bump back will be done,
Space Dragon cost from 15 to 14
Blob cost from 15 to 14
Xenomorph cost from 20 to 17

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Domitius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.