can we PLEASE get some fucking rules enforcement in the VCs

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

can we PLEASE get some fucking rules enforcement in the VCs

Post by iamgoofball » #640909

i am sick and tired of everyone hiding in fucking events VC 24/7 because every time they use the public VCs it's an unmoderated shitfest of people

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30550

we had a "ruling" at the start of this year but no change in enforcement, the public VCs are still an unmoderated shithole and multiple people used the Coderbus Meeting, including active admins like Fikou, to blast annoying fucking sounds through their microphones and intentionally crank the gain up to maximum and shit.

We thought Fikou just had a busted mic but then he did it again intentionally after the meeting ended and had to be server muted.

fix this shit, I'm tired of Events VC being used not for actual event work but as the fucking quality control bar for voice chats instead of actually fucking moderating your voice chats, jackasses.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: can we PLEASE get some fucking rules enforcement in the VCs

Post by Vekter » #640916

I'm rarely present in these, so is the issue that people won't listen to you about the events you want to run or is there actually a moderation problem here?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #640926

fikou is not an active admin

terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #640937

Thankfully Discord has tools built in that you can use to moderate your very own voice chat experience in any given server without the need to run to some janny to do it for you while holding your hand.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #640947

To speak from experience I've never witnessed rulebreaks in VC go without at least a verbal warning, however, the issue here is the "witnessed" part. Unlike normal discord chat logs if you are not present in the VC you cannot identify whats happened in one, and thus you can only rely on reputable information sources or the accused rulebreaker continuing to break rules after a discord jannie has joined to investigate.

You've identified a issue with administration but your not proposing a solution to that issue, in line with the "How to properly use Policy Discussion" thread its advisable that you propose a realistic solution to the issue you describe rather than just making a thread to complain about it. Personally I don't think there is a realistic solution to this issue, but I'd like to be proven wrong.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #640949

I agree this is an important problem so we should solve it, luckily I have a solution.

We will need to record 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in each audio channel, which will produce around a GB of audio per hour per channel. Quick maffs: That's 168 hours a day or about 62TB of storage a year. An audio transcription service will run you about $1.50 a minute of audio so for just 5.58 million dollars (I'm sure we can negotiate down to a clean 5 mil) we can get transcripts of all the channels.

Now all we need to do is download that transcript, and ctrl + f for any slurs and ban the perpetrators.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #640955

i am not an admin
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #640956

I agree with stickymayhem (this is a horrible way to open a sentence btw) and think that as a show of good faith perhaps goofball here could pitch in the first million dollars or so so that after we decide that it is obviously not a reasonable solution we can divert the money into the server and perhaps get some professional-grade DDoS prevention services (cloudflare for game servers is like what 20,000 a month?? thats a solid 50 months or something, or maybe mso could stop worrying about weed)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #641020

Stickymayhem wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:40 pm I agree this is an important problem so we should solve it, luckily I have a solution.

We will need to record 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in each audio channel, which will produce around a GB of audio per hour per channel. Quick maffs: That's 168 hours a day or about 62TB of storage a year. An audio transcription service will run you about $1.50 a minute of audio so for just 5.58 million dollars (I'm sure we can negotiate down to a clean 5 mil) we can get transcripts of all the channels.

Now all we need to do is download that transcript, and ctrl + f for any slurs and ban the perpetrators.
Will the transcripts pick up changes in volume and distortion, or would that cost extra?
► Show Spoiler
CaptainKawoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by CaptainKawoppi » #641025

Maybe there could be a place for non-admins to report it. Then when an admin later sees that there have been a bunch of reports about a person they could message them with something like: "Hey I've been hearing that you keep blowing into your microphone while you're in the public VC, is this true? If so, please stop doing that.".
🏴‍☠️ Yarr... (Waitin' to be plundered?) Image
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #641026

Stickymayhem wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:40 pm I agree this is an important problem so we should solve it, luckily I have a solution.

1 hour of audio is 30 mb, not 1 GB. Now I dunno where you get 168 hours a day but there's 2 non-admin VC channels in the Discord, assuming admins aren't dropping N-bombs in VC that's 48 hours a day. Just over 500 GB a year in storage.
No way in hell audio transcription is $1.5/minute. That's $90/hour, for "having ears." No fucking chance dude.

Let's assume a text-2-speech program is off the table for whatever reason and we can't do it free. Outsource it to Fiver for minimum wage, say $7.5/hour for the world's easiest job. To get the best bang for your buck you're gonna wanna speed up the audio a bit, say 1.5x.
Now to do some revised maffs: $87,000/year.

I know that seems like a lot but your figure is bullshit I just saved us over 5 million, you're a con artist and I hope to god you're not in sales.
Spoiler:
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #641047

Don’t forget that with these audio logs we can measure peaking audio input and probably derive someone doing something untoward in the voice chat. Analyzing the transcript from that audio spike should enable us to locate who is making the noise. A reasonable payment of good faith to a darknet hitman should take care of the rest.

I figure that with our initial investment that this is a reasonable cost. Pennies and pounds, right gamers?
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #641052

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:49 am

1 hour of audio is 30 mb, not 1 GB. Now I dunno where you get 168 hours a day but there's 2 non-admin VC channels in the Discord, assuming admins aren't dropping N-bombs in VC that's 48 hours a day. Just over 500 GB a year in storage.
No way in hell audio transcription is $1.5/minute. That's $90/hour, for "having ears." No fucking chance dude.

Let's assume a text-2-speech program is off the table for whatever reason and we can't do it free. Outsource it to Fiver for minimum wage, say $7.5/hour for the world's easiest job. To get the best bang for your buck you're gonna wanna speed up the audio a bit, say 1.5x.
Now to do some revised maffs: $87,000/year.

I know that seems like a lot but your figure is bullshit I just saved us over 5 million, you're a con artist and I hope to god you're not in sales.
If he made the 5 million sound reasonable then arguably you'd hope he IS in sales because my god he'd make people very rich.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #641068

He's in sales
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #641108

froggers wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:40 am Maybe there could be a place for non-admins to report it. Then when an admin later sees that there have been a bunch of reports about a person they could message them with something like: "Hey I've been hearing that you keep blowing into your microphone while you're in the public VC, is this true? If so, please stop doing that.".
This is already basically what happens. It happened today in #help, when Goof reported someone for joking about raiding another server, so we pinged them and asked about it.

I'm kind of not sure why this thread is still up since I don't know what response would even make sense
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #641109

I'm going to close this after consulting with another head admin under the grounds that there doesn't seem to really be anything to resolve here. Your own OP shows an admin enforcing the rules, by server muting someone breaking them. There is now an on topic voice channel, so if coders/mappers/whoever else wants to gauge feedback, they can use those.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<