Workplace Invaders

Malkevin

Workplace Invaders

Post by Malkevin » #83962

Okay, so a few years back I copped a mega bullshit ban for killing an assistant that kept trying to break into cargo despite me non lethally kicking them out each time.

The bright side of this is that we got a headmin policy made that stated you were allowed to defend your department from invaders by any means at your disposal including killing them, as long as you didn't hide their corpse.

This later got changed to saying that you could only take them as enthusiastically volunteering, and that you couldn't outright kill them.

On paper that's all well and good, but most departments don't have have the means to nonlethally detain someone, and its quite likely the invader is either going to use that as a cue to escalate the fight to where they kill you first or they're an antag and they're there to kill you in the first place.

So I think we should go back to the simpler 'you can kill invaders' policy, because people shouldn't be having to break into occupied departments anyway
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Re: Workplace Invaders

Post by TheNightingale » #83963

If they break into Robotics, they're clearly doing it to get borged. You might as well hasten the process.
And Genetics similarly; they want TK/Hulk, so lock them in a scanner and test the blocks on them.

You note that 'most departments don't have the means to nonlethally detain someone' - but this isn't true. You can easily crit someone, cuff them, then buckle them to a chair in medbay foyer whilst you apply just enough medicine to keep them alive.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83971

Medbay have the best tools to deal with people creatively. If someone's trashing the place, saw them into crit, straightjacket and take off their headset, then patch them up and put them in surgery. Then have a surgeon take out all their un-needed organs, change their gender, change their name, patch them up and throw them out into the hall wearing a grey jumpsuit and a gas mask with no ID

Works best in the first few minutes of the round too. (Not on crew manifest/unknown in gas mask , grey jumpsuit, jackboots from the secpost. AI will probbably declare them a nuker to security, so let the long arm of the LAW deal with your problem)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #83973

But medical's also full of unrobust scrubs like me who can't saw people anyway.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #83974

TheNightingale wrote:You note that 'most departments don't have the means to nonlethally detain someone' - but this isn't true. You can easily crit someone, cuff them, then buckle them to a chair in medbay foyer whilst you apply just enough medicine to keep them alive.
Yeah, sounds great until they type succumb and you get ahelped anyway.

Which I guess is another related thing we can discuss.
Used to be policy that if you succumb after someone critted you it would invalidate your right to ahelp because it doesn't allow your murderer to demonstrate what their intention was - crit to neutralise you or crit to remove you.
This has recently, but not for the first time, become a matter where admin opinion is inconsistent with some going by the old way (basemin way) and others saying that crit = murder (the fagmin way)

And then theres the admins that say "I killed him but I also got him cloned" isn't an excuse and still ban you for murder

It'd be really good to get a proper hard headmin ruling on these three points.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #83975

The rule as I've applied it is that they are open to 'fun'.

This is a tad subjective but it basically means you can do what you want other that just straight up murdering them, even if it's a bit dangerous., and as long as they can be recovered by medbay or security and you aren't a dick about it.

They break into xenobiology? Throw em in a slime pen. Virology? They live with the disease monkeys now.

If you're going for direct "Get the fuck out of here" then the worst you should be doing is critting, and only if you have no non-lethal options. A crit, cuff and heal is your best bet in these cases.

Also admins universally treat succumbers like shit so that's not really relevant malkevin. Unless you have a specific example of an admin actually doing this it's not a point worth addressing. PM if this happened or make an actual admin complaint.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #83979

I can't remember a specific incident off hand, but there was one of a few months back that I believe either vector or skarvold handled.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #83989

If you notice an individual has a particular habit of doing this then ahelp it. There are some players who have notes like "Has a habit of breaking into the bar" a month ago and then escalated to "Has been given his final warning for breaking into the bar, ban if he does it again". Serially breaking into a workplace seemingly every round proves being critted (or even killed) isn't doing much good to discourage them.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #83992

After how many attempts is it ok to permanently remove someone? Remember it only takes losing a fight once to get yourself dunked out of your workplace and your id stolen.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #83993

Some workplaces have no means to nonlethally detain someone. We shouldnt require absolutely everryone to carry cablecuffs either, because that's just punishing thise who don't buy into the hoard-everything-just-in-case mentality.

If someone is being a huge pest, has ignored your obvious warnings/threats, and you don't have a means to disable them, just kill them.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #83995

Not some, most.

Sec and Medical are the only departments that have non-lethal means that they'd be expected to carry, although even medical are generally discouraged from carrying around a syringe gun and a belt full of sleep toxin syringes.

Science/Robotics/Cargo/Engineering can churn out as many stun prods as they feel like, but again are highly discouraged both IC and OOC to carry those around.

Barman/chef/hydro/lawyer/librarian/chaplain/janitor/atmos techs don't have access to any non-lethal tools unless they raid assistant storage ahead of time and are lucky that the grey-backed valid-hunters haven''t used them already.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #83999

Can't you grab someone by the neck and drag them out, provided that you land a lengthy stun on them? Or am I wrong about that?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #84000

It depresses me that it doesn't ever cross anyone's mind to call security in these situations.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #84001

Erbbu wrote:Can't you grab someone by the neck and drag them out, provided that you land a lengthy stun on them? Or am I wrong about that?
They're not stunned long enough

Stickymayhem wrote:It depresses me that it doesn't ever cross anyone's mind to call security in these situations.
It depresses me that someone can get elected headmin without knowing that security is rarely if ever reliable.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #84006

Calling Sec is great and all, but it doesnt help you solve the immediate situation of an Assistant tabling you and stealing your id. You will be down disposals before Sec makes it to your workplace.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #84012

I sometimes PDA the workers in a workplace (as warden) when someone's brought in for tresspass and say "What does the name "Griffs-The-Station" (example) mean to you?". If they can actually remember the guy's name, it's usually because he was being a shithead so I increase their sentence. B&E is annoying.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #84021

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I sometimes PDA the workers in a workplace (as warden) when someone's brought in for tresspass and say "What does the name "Griffs-The-Station" (example) mean to you?". If they can actually remember the guy's name, it's usually because he was being a shithead so I increase their sentence. B&E is annoying.
This does bring up something I've been wondering. If I'm playing security and I catch someone who's been a real pain in the ass about breaking into a department, could I just sort of hand that person off to the guys in that department and just say "hey, have fun" without being responsible for whatever that department does to him?
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #84022

Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #84024

Where on that chart does 'they draw a stunprod and your lethal force fails' fit in?
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #84025

TheNightingale wrote:Where on that chart does 'they draw a stunprod and your lethal force fails' fit in?
You can't see it because the chart is too zoomed in, but the entire thing is actually inlayed inside a giant one circle venn diagram labeled "get good"
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #84036

Stickymayhem wrote:Also admins universally treat succumbers like shit so that's not really relevant malkevin. Unless you have a specific example of an admin actually doing this it's not a point worth addressing. PM if this happened or make an actual admin complaint.
There is some precedent here of a headmin decision ruling that succumbing is only relevant in cases of truly accidental damage. It might be a good idea to clarify the administration's new stance.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #84044

Jacough wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I sometimes PDA the workers in a workplace (as warden) when someone's brought in for tresspass and say "What does the name "Griffs-The-Station" (example) mean to you?". If they can actually remember the guy's name, it's usually because he was being a shithead so I increase their sentence. B&E is annoying.
This does bring up something I've been wondering. If I'm playing security and I catch someone who's been a real pain in the ass about breaking into a department, could I just sort of hand that person off to the guys in that department and just say "hey, have fun" without being responsible for whatever that department does to him?
I once arrested someone that kept breaking into cargo.

I left them cuffed to the chair outside cargo and said to cargo "have fun"

Nothing ever happened to me about it.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #84058

to clear up something here
if you break into someones workplace antagonize them and then let yourself be beaten to crit and you then succumb and ahelp afterwords you will be banned for ban baiting.
That said it is a hell of a lot simpler just allowing them to be killed, but not something everyone would agree on.
Personally I think if you break into a department and break things/steal things/attack people you should be killed on the spot and your body tossed outside for someone else to deal with.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Riley
Byond Username: Furienify

Post by Riley » #84077

Does "HoP gave me access!" count as a legit reason for invading someone's workplace?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #84089

No, HoPs are meant to clear access with that departments head
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #84098

Stickymayhem wrote:It depresses me that it doesn't ever cross anyone's mind to call security in these situations.

People do. But when you've only got seconds before you're mugged and disposalled, help is just minutes away.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #84134

> He thinks security is viable most of the time

What an amazing 6 months we are going to have
Incoming wrote:Image
Return of the flowcharts.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #84144

Arete wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:Also admins universally treat succumbers like shit so that's not really relevant malkevin. Unless you have a specific example of an admin actually doing this it's not a point worth addressing. PM if this happened or make an actual admin complaint.
There is some precedent here of a headmin decision ruling that succumbing is only relevant in cases of truly accidental damage. It might be a good idea to clarify the administration's new stance.
To be honest, some of the people working on that case were not familiar with the purpose of putting someone in critical in situations when you are unable to stun them.

I believe that if someone succumbs, we _can_ disregard their adminhelp, but we dont have to.
Personally, I like to see how the situation plays out, and succumb forcefully cuts that short, and then I might not get to see the perpetrator's true intentions.
However this does not mean that every action taken until the moment of succumbing will be automatically forgiven.
That's like nonantag scientists that tell me they were put in perma for bombing the station, so it was "handled IC", no, it is still a ban. (usually)
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #85036

I see the reasoning behind "succumb invalidates your adminhelp" but it shouldn't be a hard-and-fast rule. If it is painfully obvious already they're not going to heal you at all, succumbing should be OK. I shouldn't have to be forced to (to use an extreme example) wait the 5 minutes or whatever crit is inside a locker in maint doing nothing in order for my ahelping Grayshit McGriffin to be valid.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #85040

It depresses me that you think people want to play a British workplace simulator instead of zany and violent spacemens
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #85176

Kor wrote:
It depresses me that you think people want to play a British workplace simulator instead of zany and violent spacemens
If Sec aren't intended to actually stop crimes, then we can just remove the department and give everyone revolvers instead like we're in the Wild West?
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #85178

Cheridan wrote:
Kor wrote:
If Sec aren't intended to actually stop crimes, then we can just remove the department and give everyone revolvers instead like we're in the Wild West?
It would probably work better to be honest.
We bitch about Sec constantly, whether there isn't a Sec team present, or whether they're being Shitcurity. Arming up departments, even if it's simply with Stun Revolvers would lead to probably less long term problems, if some more short term problems.

Alternatively; event round idea, making it wild west and arming each department.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #85180

Akkryls wrote:Alternatively; event round idea, making it wild west and arming each department.
Well that gives me ideas...
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #85181

I just copped a ban for invading genetics as an officer to clone someone after genetics refused to clone security officers or heads and got attacked (tried to monkey me), defended myself, and the ruling admin (Sticky) stated that they had the right to try to monkey me because I broke in. If someone is refusing to do their job and is intentionally being difficult, are there any rulings about this?
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #85183

Saegrimr wrote:
Akkryls wrote:Alternatively; event round idea, making it wild west and arming each department.
Well that gives me ideas...
Sadly it's likely that it'd devolve into Nations.
However it'd be interesting just to see if each department could actually handle dealing with crimes themselves rather then having to deal with Security for the round. (Hail singuloth. All prisoners shall be fed to Singuloth. All lost children shall also be fed to Singuloth.)
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #85200

I know I don't play very often, but this is an issue that almost invariably comes up when I do. As the RD passing by I've seen so many people clamber into robotics and demand to be borged, even going so far as to hijack the fabricators and print their own parts. I've wanted to fucking brain those idiots, and I'm not even the one they're getting in the way of. Makes me really regret the time, shortly after I started playing, I yakety sax'd my way into virology (this was a LONG time ago) as the clown and stole a bottle of flu virus until the virologist beat me senseless (It was kind of hilarious how he was roleplaying with an enraged German accent the whole time).
rdght91 wrote:I just copped a ban for invading genetics as an officer to clone someone after genetics refused to clone security officers or heads and got attacked (tried to monkey me), defended myself, and the ruling admin (Sticky) stated that they had the right to try to monkey me because I broke in. If someone is refusing to do their job and is intentionally being difficult, are there any rulings about this?
I'm not usually one to stir the shit, but that's fucking stupid. Maybe you went overboard in offing him (which I assume you did), but if he was being intentionally obstructive and it was a literal matter of life and death I think you were completely justified in forcing entry. There's a big difference between "doing what it takes to do your job/protect that station" and "I didn't get the role I wanted at roundstart so I'm just gonna be a huge trespassing pain in the ass".

EDIT: I read your thread about it and maybe spacing was a bit overboard, but I think that also illustrates the point that a hard-and-fast rule is really damn hard to apply to these situations. Goddammit, it's like law school all over again.
Last edited by EndgamerAzari on Fri May 01, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #85203

Come on, valid valid valid
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #85204

He spaced a dude he had in cuffs as a sec officer, a bit excessive when you already have a guy completely helpless. The ban appeal is still in progress so the situation around the punishment there might change.

On that specific point, yeah if you're there doing your job and some asshat starts busting in to shove you aside by all means dunk him down disposals. There's a slight problem (as this usually happens to Cargo) when the people in that job simply don't do their job. You can't claim your cargonia territory while simultaneously not doing your job. They can fuck right off. Same with geneticists who want to sit there and poke the computer for superpowers while ignoring the bodies piling up at their door. If you don't want to bring players back into the round, you have no right to stop someone else from doing it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #85205

Saegrimr wrote:He spaced a dude he had in cuffs as a sec officer, a bit excessive when you already have a guy completely helpless. The ban appeal is still in progress so the situation around the punishment there might change.

On that specific point, yeah if you're there doing your job and some asshat starts busting in to shove you aside by all means dunk him down disposals. There's a slight problem (as this usually happens to Cargo) when the people in that job simply don't do their job. You can't claim your cargonia territory while simultaneously not doing your job. They can fuck right off. Same with geneticists who want to sit there and poke the computer for superpowers while ignoring the bodies piling up at their door. If you don't want to bring players back into the round, you have no right to stop someone else from doing it.
Agreed on all points. It just really gets under my skin when people get unreasonably impatient when told "come back later", or just flat-out "no" for stupid requests (like the time our only miner demanded to be borged and left science unable to do much the entire round--which we, of course, got blamed for), or don't wait for an answer or even ask and barge in and then act like you're in the wrong for clocking them when they get in the way of you doing your job.

Jesus Christ I think I found my hot-button issue.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85208

The admin (Sticky) did say though before he banned me that ANYONE breaking into a workplace is valid for monkeying (which might as well be death, if genetics hates me so much theyre sure as shit not going to bring me back), apparently even a security officer trying to revive the captain. Is that the policy now? What is the actual rule here for future reference.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85221

rdght91 wrote:The admin (Sticky) did say though before he banned me that ANYONE breaking into a workplace is valid for monkeying (which might as well be death, if genetics hates me so much theyre sure as shit not going to bring me back), apparently even a security officer trying to revive the captain. Is that the policy now? What is the actual rule here for future reference.
He's a headmin, so his word is basically policy until he backtracks in a hurry.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #85241

I would say sticky is objectively wrong on that one. If they are totally and utterly neglecting to use an important (VITAL) section of workplace it isn't being a dick to break in and do it for them.

I mean you can't disrupt work someone or a group are refusing to do so it isn't being a dick.

In the aforementioned case cloning apparently unimportant enough that the captain not receiving it for no apparent in game reason right on the doorstep of genetics is okay and not a factor, yet simultaneously so important that to space a corpse or a repeat attempted monkeyer/murderer with barely any time for them to be cloned and heal up anyway and possible hazards in the way of doing so is worth a lengthy ban?
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85289

In this one particular case, the captain had been demoted for being a jackass, but yes, the cloner was completely unused and another source said there were several bodies (I didn't notice how many) being ignored by genetics.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85311

So just so it's clear now, entering a workplace where you're not wanted=valid?
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85349

=valid for fuckery. Putting them in xenobio and acting as if they're an unknown alien species is a fun one for scientists, as is strapping them to a chair and testing a heatrifle/triggering an advEgun malfunction on them is good.

Medbay staff are all set to give you a gender + name change if you're being really persistant, security can already arrest you, cargo will blow you away with their ill-gotten ordinance, then call security, and people who are caught breaking into the engine room by an engineer mysteriously vanish.

Okay so the last one was violent, but the point stands.
None of the above apply to sec officers though, (unless they're harassing you extensively, I guess)
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85362

According to my recent ban, any invasion, even by security, into genetics for any reason is valid for monkeying, which is effectively a death sentence. Sticky ruled that he was right to attempt to monkey me for breaking in.

If you can't break into genetics to revive someone, than there isn't anywhere on the station that is safe. Under this new ruling, engineering can make an autism fort and murder anyone, security, heads, whoever who tried to come in and start the engine as long as they are not authorized by their ID.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #85456

I would have no personal issue with being able to eject anyone who breaks in to my department, violently if necessary.

Rdght, please stop bringing up your ban in every thread you post in. individual situations aren't pertinent as every case is handled on a case by case basis.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85643

Vekter wrote:I would have no personal issue with being able to eject anyone who breaks in to my department, violently if necessary.

Rdght, please stop bringing up your ban in every thread you post in. individual situations aren't pertinent as every case is handled on a case by case basis.
This is absolutely the right place to mention the ban, because it's completely relevant and needs discussion: IE: where now is the fucking line?
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #85653

Maybe a code-based solution could alleviate this problem. Give players some sort of a new grab or something to deal with shitlers breaking in so that everyone would not need to carry a stun weapon + cable cuffs to remove them.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85676

Vekter wrote:I would have no personal issue with being able to eject anyone who breaks in to my department, violently if necessary.

You're kinda right, and I don't mean to whine, but Sticky did say that the guy was perfectly right to "fuck with me" in the adminhelps. If security becomes valid because they force their way in to use a vital piece of equipment when a random guy is stopping them FNR than there isn't ANY situation where it is okay to break in anywhere.