Streaming Check-In: Roundstart Revs and Cult?

Should streamers be able to roll for roundstart Revs and Cult?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 52

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Streaming Check-In: Roundstart Revs and Cult?

Post by RaveRadbury » #723264

Allowing roundstart Revs and Cult for streamers, is this something you're alright with?

This came up during the debate and the headmin elect team has inquired about it so here goes. Currently streamers on /tg/station are NOT allowed to roll for roundstart revs or cult.

I have no personal opinion on this. While talking to the community about streaming some players expressed concern about having their team antag round ruined by stream snipers. When I set up streaming policy the plan was to make it initially strict so that it might be better-received by skeptics and so that I could balance out the overwhelming streamer request to not have a delay on streams. Also generally people prefer getting something rather than losing something so I felt that starting from a place where we could ease up on things would be the best approach.

I want to hear community thought and opinion on whether or not we should change this. Community acceptance of the streaming program is crucial to the mutual benefit between players and content creators.

The streaming program was started during my first term and was up and running at the end, Spring 2022. It's been running for about 2 years now with minimal issue. As far as I can recall we haven't had any issues with stream sniping or antag spoiling. I really was expecting like any but I think I can count on one hand the times any need for the stream management team to weigh in on administrative matters has occurred.

Headmins have oversight of the streaming program but so far every team since its inception has been content to let me run it. So I'm likely going to be the one to pull the trigger. Generally I prefer to hear from community members and staff before I make decisions like this.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Streaming Check-In: Roundstart Revs and Cult?

Post by Vekter » #723268

We already have a pretty significant issue with people willingly allowing themselves to be converted and I'm a little concerned that this will continue via stream viewers.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Post by Pumpkin0 » #723274

Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:14 am We already have a pretty significant issue with people willingly allowing themselves to be converted and I'm a little concerned that this will continue via stream viewers.
I feel like if people are using a stream as a way to willingly convert themselves, that's something we solve in the same way as any metagaming using a stream. If people are wanting to convert themselves willingly, then they'll do it regardless of a stream I feel like.
the w
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #723287

I agree with Pumpkin on this, if someone is using the stream to get themselves converted we handle it like we handle any willing conversion.
MrrFiish
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: MrrFiish

Post by MrrFiish » #723532

I am a machine that turns stream snipers into names on the public ban list.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #723557

Pumpkin0 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:25 am
Vekter wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:14 am We already have a pretty significant issue with people willingly allowing themselves to be converted and I'm a little concerned that this will continue via stream viewers.
I feel like if people are using a stream as a way to willingly convert themselves, that's something we solve in the same way as any metagaming using a stream. If people are wanting to convert themselves willingly, then they'll do it regardless of a stream I feel like.
Fair, it's just hard to catch, but I suppose that's why we have a list of approved streamers.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #724729

SERVER POLL RESULTS

Yes (370)
No (236)

Gonna take a second to shop these numbers around and see if everyone's good on it. I was expecting a larger margin.

Feel free to discuss in the meantime.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #724843

like 90% of our players are cheating motherfuckers nowadays who metagame with their buddies so this issue really is kinda moot, might as well let 'em at team antags
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #724888

Alright, I'm gonna allow this. If it doesn't go well we can talk more about it.

The wiki will be updated later today.