should slimepeople remain enabled

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

should slimepeople remain enabled

Post by iamgoofball » #724314

the last headmin term yolo-enabled slimepeople right before handing the reigns over, should they stay enabled?

maintainer and headcoder opinions:
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Re: should slimepeople remain enabled

Post by Justice12354 » #724320

Slimepeople will soon be disabled by the current Headmin Term, but they're first taking care of other stuff (which I got no clue about honestly). Don't worry about it bc they will not be permanent
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #724327

just so no one gets their hopes up it is extremely unlikely they will stay enabled in their current state.

we have no control over if someone wants to take ownership of them and develop them into something unique that could work as a roundstart race.

oranges mentioned that writing a design doc would be a good first step for this, and i personally think that using the time now while they're enabled could be a good opportunity to get a feel for what sort of niche they could fill.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #724333

The intent was a last second shitpost and not something to be done for an extended period of time. Leaking my own message in admin channels, I actively advised headmins to turn it off soon into the term.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #724336

I think they have the potential to be a fun race. They fill a certain niche that isn't seen in other species
- Brazilian Manuel Player

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #724342

Leave them in, it's funnier this way.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #724355

A lot of people are quite enjoying them; +1 to disabling, reworking, then possibly reenabling down the line. That does, however, hinge upon someone being determined enough to do so. Full steam ahead for one of those crazy bastards, but for now? Disable, yeah.
Walter brought back Crack.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #724360

I don't like slimepeople as a race and I think they should be disabled.

These things should not be reenabled before fish people are created by coders but that's more of a code issue.

2024 is the year of the fish people.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #724368

Vekter wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:31 pm Leave them in, it's funnier this way.
feedback appreciated here <3
zergking
Byond Username: Zergking

Post by zergking » #724370

Leave them on. In fact, add more non human races, to use to ban people form the server once people start posting TND """MEMES"""
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #724378

I liked my slime. They dont seem busted.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #724386

I haven't played Jizbo yet leave it in.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #724392

Cheshify wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:00 pm The intent was a last second shitpost and not something to be done for an extended period of time. Leaking my own message in admin channels, I actively advised headmins to turn it off soon into the term.
You know what they say, nothing is as permanent as temporary.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #724420

They shouldn't. The race isnt meant to be enabled roundstart and its very dull compared to other non-humans.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #724426

TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:19 am They shouldn't. The race isnt meant to be enabled roundstart and its very dull compared to other non-humans.
Ok I get code arguments but like, really? Dull compared to Moths and Felinids? (love them both btw)

TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #724437

Sightld2 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:21 am
TheRex9001 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:19 am They shouldn't. The race isnt meant to be enabled roundstart and its very dull compared to other non-humans.
Ok I get code arguments but like, really? Dull compared to Moths and Felinids? (love them both btw)
I think they look more dull than moths, and they dont feel very inspired (Tbf I forgot about felinids but Yeah they are also dull)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #724445

replace humans with slimepeople for a month. This will greatly enhance roleplay. I have foreseen it.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #724460

If we still have catgirls, then it can't really get worse than that. therefore, slimepeople are fine. If ur balls are already on fire it won't be any worse if u dip them in sulfuric acid, so to speak.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #724461

confused rock wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:10 pm If we still have catgirls, then it can't really get worse than that. therefore, slimepeople are fine. If ur balls are already on fire it won't be any worse if u dip them in sulfuric acid, so to speak.
DAE hate catgirls?!?!!?!!?!?! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #724496

I think we already have multiple alien races that can pass as human while wearing the right clothes. As much as I like slimepeople, we do not need another.
Though I halfway want to keep them in just for the inevitable "ban virology from spreading infectious beneficial viruses" policy thread as one or two virologists continually release The Virus That Is Supposedly Beneficial But Kills Slimepeople Because It Heals Toxin Damage.

They're more mechanically interesting than the Felinids(slightly more bulliable humans), at least.

Edit: oh, that thread already got made. I'm behind the times, it seems.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #724520

I played Jizbo. Remove'em.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #724524

let. my. people. slime.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #724533

I do not like ripping unique content from parts of the game and throwing it into roundstart. Shouldn't have been done.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #724573

TheFinalPotato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:05 pm I do not like ripping unique content from parts of the game and throwing it into roundstart. Shouldn't have been done.
Unfortunately, too much of the game is locked behind one of the most antisocial roles. This is one of the more reasonable of the slime/jelly roles so it would be nice to see it included as a round start thing in some way so that it could be actually utilized.
britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #724603

carshalash wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:14 am
TheFinalPotato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:05 pm I do not like ripping unique content from parts of the game and throwing it into roundstart. Shouldn't have been done.
Unfortunately, too much of the game is locked behind one of the most antisocial roles. This is one of the more reasonable of the slime/jelly roles so it would be nice to see it included as a round start thing in some way so that it could be actually utilized.
Seconded. We have a lot of features that are locked behind niche stuff so you never see it. Let the people slime
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #724631

Slime people being enabled as a round start species is the equivalent of pod people being enabled as a round start species

Slime people are resistant to xenobio slime shenanigans
Pod people are resistant to botanist shenanigans

A xenobiologist releases slimes, slime people wont get attacked unless the xenobiologist uses a crossbreed that makes them rabbid which will cause them to attack the xenobiologist aswell.

A botanist releases tomatoes, kudzu, whatever as an antag, those things wont attack pod people

So we essentially have a round start species that thrives when a specific job is antag because they are neigh immune to that antag's shenanigans.

TLDR: Slime person being a round start race is just as bad if not worse for departmental balance than having pod people as a round start race and would only encourage buffs to those departments that involve not being as reliant on species interactions since thats how they scale into the round
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #724661

I have literally never seen a xenobiologist release slimes to attack the crew, but I get some of your arguments.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #724781

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:18 pm I have literally never seen a xenobiologist release slimes to attack the crew, but I get some of your arguments.
Ive done it a few times and murderboned with it but that was before printed extinguishers wern't preloaded with water.

It hasn't reached the meta yet but it should be 100000x more effective to release slimes that were triggered by a red extract with blood than it was in the past provided that you destroy a few water tanks and subvert the borgs since loaded fire extinguishers are now a limited resource.

Which means its a viable strategy that a round start race counters in such a way that its very similar to pod people countering kudzu/plant/bee-based weapons or monsters.

I forgot who i did it with, i think it was paris konuts? anyway another tot and me shared code words on coms, i turned him into a slime person and released a shit ton of slimes and he ended up dragging one in the hallway to stun people then desword them, then went and got another slime with a stun ready to go, we ended up killing off most of the server and hijacking the shuttle i think.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #725703

There is a current design document for their redesign, but we fully intend on disabling them as they are now. If/When the document is implemented and merged, we can revisit enabling them in the future.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: