People setting themself on fire to harm/kill others

sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

People setting themself on fire to harm/kill others

Post by sirnat » #117091

So, as many of you may know, you're not supposed to try and kill people without escalation, or your life is in danger.

As well as, many of you have seen people burst a bottle of alcohol on themself just to run around the bar/hallways to be on fire and set others on fire. I believe, if people would be allowed to cuck the ever living shit out of people who do it on purpose and do not have to clone them it'd be a lot better.

Reason I think it'd be great:

If someone's going to be a idiot to set themselves on fire just to attempt to kill/harm others, they should be counted valid and be killed without the person who killed them having to clone them.

If the person is cloned, and does it again we should be allowed to treat them like an antagonist and space them, gib them, or burner them.

Also, with it being dealt with IC it'd be nice as well for the person to get bwoinked for trying to kill others, but failing at it.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: People setting themself on fire to harm/kill others

Post by Saegrimr » #117126

If you see someone do it to themselves, feel free to let them stay dead. It'll be funny to hear them ahelp about how this guy isn't cloning me halp.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #117129

But the thing is, if they set themself on fire and get us caught on fire too, can we kill them and just not clone them?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #117135

I'd rather see some attempt to put people out and explain what happened than go "SOMEONE'S ON FIRE, VALID EM"
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #117145

I personally think making them valid would just end up in a red-tape mess with people misintepreting situations to get valids. Would be much better to just adminhelp said person.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #117315

Im not meaning anyone on fire, I am meaning the person who sets themself on fire on purpose and intentionally sets other aflame.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #117353

I know sirnat, but regardless it is someone on fire. "Oh, I thought he set himself on fire on purpose, so I killed him."
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #117396

I still don't understand why passing by (read through) someone sets you on fire as well. Seems like a strange mechanic. If I pass by a fire or someone on fire im not going to suddenly become alight myself.

Why not make it so only contact spreads fire (i.e. help/harm intent clicks)?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #117441

You would think that in the 26 or 27 or whatever this gay game is set in they would've developed flame retardant jumpsuits.
I mean nasa already has have we regressed or something????
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #117540

ColonicAcid wrote:You would think that in the 26 or 27 or whatever this gay game is set in they would've developed flame retardant jumpsuits.
I mean nasa already has have we regressed or something????
Yeah, but nanotrasen is too cheap to make the coloured material around their wires insulating, too cheap to give out proper gloves to most people, too cheap to allow free vending on the station.

They're definitely too cheap to give everyone a high tech flame stopping jumpsuit. Or even just a slightly-more-expensive jumpsuit in general.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #118484

This is the same company that doesn't put a sprinkler system on their highly-advanced Research station that studies a highly flammable substance, makes Clown an official job title and and employs "assistants" in large droves.

I think it's pretty much objectively agreed that Nanotrasen is greedy AND stupid
DeutscherMajor
Byond Username: DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #120712

Remember that this can happen by accident. Countless times i sat down, lighted a cigar, and then tried to take a sip from a whiskey bottle, and then "Fuck, wrong intent!"
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #120722

Beating a self-immolating shitler to death with a fire extinguisher would be the epitome of physical irony.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.