Team Conversion Mode Participation

Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Team Conversion Mode Participation

Post by Tornadium » #119974

So is it kosher for like Cult, Rev or Gang to spend time and resources converting you for you to then intentionally not help them and just go ERP or keep doing your job?

Seems kinda super shitty to me to be honest. Not sure if we have an established policy for this.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Team Conversion Mode Participation

Post by Scones » #119975

plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #119980

Honestly if an option to instantly be deleted when converted or giving revs/cult/whatever some reward for getting me would be cool because forcing me to play a murderjob is shitty. I hate any conversion gametype and have them all disabled because they aren't fun in my opinion. If I do get converted I help if called or if I see an ally in trouble, only because I am obligated to.

I don't like the team deathmatch modes. It's all about winning and after several years of mindless murder in this game it's not fun or interesting anymore.

Before someone says I sit out, no, I don't. The last time I got converted I killed all of sec and their loyalists with a single uzi mag and my fists.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #119984

The big conflict here is between people who don't want to play conversion antags (I sure as hell know I don't) and the antags who don't want to be fucked over when the guy they spent time and resources converting just does not feel like playing it
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #119985

I want that one PR/idea to ghost players who are banned from cult/rev and to pull another random ghost into the body instead.

Why did people hate that, again?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #119986

Saegrimr wrote:I want that one PR/idea to ghost players who are banned from cult/rev and to pull another random ghost into the body instead.

Honestly that sounds like a good solution, except change the banned to people who put no in the preferences.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #119988

Saegrimr wrote:I want that one PR/idea to ghost players who are banned from cult/rev and to pull another random ghost into the body instead.

No idea, sounds awesome to me.

Though it would have to include antag bans for people who don't want to play those modes.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119994

Tornadium wrote:
lzimann wrote:Yea, you told million times ERP is pathetic, that you never RP. You aren't adding anything in this discussion Tornadium.
And antag job ban because I don't want to be forced to play gang? That is just stupid.
I think there needs to be a policy discussion on if it's kosher to literally not help during a team mode.
Is it this time of year again already?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #120002

Tornadium wrote:

Though it would have to include antag bans for people who don't want to play those modes.
The problem there is people like me, who don't want to be dead forever because I got converted, but have the team modes turned off, since I hate being a revhead/starter cultist. Honestly it seems a better solution to work off of antag bans, and if you don't want to be one ever ask to be banned from them.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #120004

As much as I hate being culted or gang'd and spam *groan after I get converted, I still go through with playing the gamemode, because IC-wise you're obligated to at least try to help with your objectives, and the gamemode doesn't work if people just decide "nah I don't like this". Sometimes stuff you don't initially like happens, but if you roll with it you can actually enjoy it and have a lot of fun. Having to improvise and go with the flow is a core part of SS13, and ghosting/clocking out whenever something happens to you that you don't like ruins that aspect of the game.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #120012

Thunder11 wrote:
Tornadium wrote:

The problem there is people like me, who don't want to be dead forever because I got converted, but have the team modes turned off, since I hate being a revhead/starter cultist. Honestly it seems a better solution to work off of antag bans, and if you don't want to be one ever ask to be banned from them.
What about the people who don't ask for the antag ban and intentionally don't help and ignore that fact that they are a cultist?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #120017

They need to ahelp it and have an admin put someone in their body. Cult is the only one I do that for as I suck at cult so I'd hinder more than help.

a correct post by pillz
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #120019

It seems pretty shitty if you're playing a multiplayer game, and then shit in everyone else's cereal by refusing to do something you don't want to do.

Put in bare minimum effort (save a rev head stunned on the floor, stand around nar nar rune) or play a singleplayer game.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #120020

DrPillzRedux wrote:Cult is the only one I do that for as I suck at cult so I'd hinder more than help.
Then why don't you play cult instead and get good at it instead of sucking at it? Then you won't feel like you're hindering your allies. Practice makes perfect.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #120022

I've played it for 4 years I'm not getting better at it.

a correct post by pillz
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #120025

Research got removed anyway, which makes it a lot simpler. All you really need to know is how to drag someone over the convert rune and recruit him, and be able to fight when it goes loud.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #121500

Finished a round where the geneticist watched both I and another Ganghead get Chainstunned Punched to death by his fellow Geneticist. His Excuse? The other Geneticist was "too strong". He then proceeded to Try to help security but got lit up, only to later watch ANOTHER gang member get killed by his gen-buddy. Can we please have a concrete thing of "What you're obligated to do as <team antag> member" because that's absurd.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #121529

that's a ding dong bannu, make a ban request
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #121541

Because I would prefer that a random chucklefuck player doesn't get put into my body.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #121542

Don't get banned then.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #121578

funny, i love conversion rounds and hate waiting around for fucking nothing

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
TheWulfe
Byond Username: TheWulfe

Post by TheWulfe » #121738

I think it's an incredibly bad thing to do to other players. When you play the server, you're basically 'agreeing' to all the round types and the potential you'll get caught up in some of the side effects of that round. EVERY conversion has resources spent that the player used to convert you, even the simple Rev flash convert. They risk their identity, time, actual physical resources. It's shitty to throw that in their face. Either read up on the single paragraph conversion text and do it or get the fuck out of the server.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #121820

If you don't want to be a part of a conversion round then
D O N T P L A Y
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are