Hulk Humanity Discussion, Poll

Does hulk humanity protect anyone who deserves protecting?

I strongly disagree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
4%
I strongly disagree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
4%
4%
I disagree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
2%
I disagree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
2%
2%
I am Neutral about the statment "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
3%
I am Neutral about the statment "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
3%
3%
I agree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
5%
I agree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
5%
5%
I strongly agree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
20%
I strongly agree with the statement "keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs"
20%
20%

Total votes: 198

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Hulk Humanity Discussion, Poll

Post by Pandarsenic » #7302

Bottom post of the previous page:

Or properly, how do you feel about the statement:
Keeping hulks human is bad because it protects hulk griefers, hulk antags, hulk validhunters, and hulk idiots, none of whom deserve it, and only from nonantag Asimov AIs
Strongly Disagree
Disagree
Neutral/Ambivalent/Don't Know
Agree
Strongly Agree

Leaving vote-change enabled for anyone who has trouble with simple English like the above. Your votes will be accounted for, but the primary value of this thread will be in rational, calm discussion, or I will slice you with a box cutter. Votes without explanation will be observed, but not given as high regard.

Background: While hulks have traditionally been considered humans, for some time they were not, now they are again. As the final step before implementing the "Follow Your Goddamned Laws" Silicon Policy Update ( http://pastebin.com/bduT7pFf ) is resolving the argument about whether hulks ought to be considered human to an Asimov AI.

This means that posts which are off-topic for certain reasons will be deleted or edited to be blank save for an indication of their SHAMEFUL STATUS:
  • Arguing about the background of whether hulks have been human. I explained it above and if anyone else says "hulks have always been nonhuman" or whatever, they're wrong, besides which that wouldn't matter. See the next point.
  • Stating that hulks have always been human. We know. Nobody cares. Appeal to Tradition is not a valid argument. Yeah, they were always human, and for 800 years bloodletting was a popular medical practice.
  • Arguing about whether Asimov should be the default lawset. Not the place for it.
  • Trying to remove secborgs. Not the place for it.
  • Situations in which the AI or Cyborg in question is subverted or an antagonist. They do not care about human status; therefore, arguments such as that hulks "counter silicons" are nonsensical.
  • Whining about the poll's wording. Deal with it.
  • Possibly more if people find shitty posts to make that I didn't think to forbid
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: Hulk Humanity Discussion, Poll

Post by Incomptinence » #10639

Unless the wizard is in critical or other declining condition there is no impetus to have him healed. Nothing in your laws says you must undo harm except law 2 if they order you.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #10641

guys what if

what if

what if we just edited the wizard mutate spell so it doesn't make the wizard green or shout while still giving it laser eyes and stun resistance. Make it keep the red eyes if you want, make the wizard also get a recoloured CR glow if you want as well because 'muh balance'.

and we can shoot anyone who starts to suggest that people with recoloured CR glows aren't human so literally all problems solved
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #10648

There's also a nice CR sprite that's dark and edgy but it requires reworking how hulk works. Idk if you can have childs of mutations.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #10894

Incomptinence wrote:Unless the wizard is in critical or other declining condition there is no impetus to have him healed. Nothing in your laws says you must undo harm except law 2 if they order you.
In crit you take some O2 damage per tick until you die, if you don't intervene they are being harmed, and that harm only stops when they are on positive health again.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #10944

I know that. That is pretty much what that meant. Also you forgot poisons.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #10972

Sorry, misread it
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #11018

Except that the closer they are to critical, they have a bigger chance to go into it, so wouldn't a silicon want all humans to be at 100% HP as it offers the least amount of chance for a human to enter critical.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #11103

So, what's the issue here? Wizard Hulk Mutate, yeah, but...what, exactly?
Silicons are allowed to harm mutated wizards for the same reasons they're allowed to harm normal hulks - It can be assumed that, if a wizard took Biruz Bennar, he's going to be smashing shit and shooting lasers and generally being a dick.

Once he's forced out of hulk or into crit, yes, stop harming because he's now 100% human. You should probably also start trying to get people to stop harming, but if he's been harmed out of hulk he's probably huddled up under a lynch mob and there's not a whole lot you can do.

I'd actually put this thread up for locking and official policy to be decided from it - I don't think there's a whole lot left to discuss.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Helios127
Rarely plays

Post by Helios127 » #11479

Psyentific wrote:So, what's the issue here? Wizard Hulk Mutate, yeah, but...what, exactly?
Silicons are allowed to harm mutated wizards for the same reasons they're allowed to harm normal hulks - It can be assumed that, if a wizard took Biruz Bennar, he's going to be smashing shit and shooting lasers and generally being a dick.

Once he's forced out of hulk or into crit, yes, stop harming because he's now 100% human. You should probably also start trying to get people to stop harming, but if he's been harmed out of hulk he's probably huddled up under a lynch mob and there's not a whole lot you can do.

I'd actually put this thread up for locking and official policy to be decided from it - I don't think there's a whole lot left to discuss.
Aside from this, any AI - Good or bad - would be looking for an excuse to dick over the wizard and turn a blind eye to people punching him.

Im just stating this, I personally dont have a problem with it nor any solutions to fix it. Its also slightly off topic so yeah.
just play on /vg/station, go have fun for christs sake
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #14163

Becoming the Incredible Hulk means you get mad and destroy everything

Hulks have an IC reason to break shit. They are the fucking Incredible Hulk

Hulk doesn't get out of his hulk bed and then put on his 12x suit to go to his hulk job

He fucking breaks everything, like not even on purpose

As such I propose turning into the hulk everyone hates you and you are valid but your rampages are ok because you have IC reasons

I also propose hulks get stronger and gain more maximum health every time they get injured because their rage increases

Also I propose hulks regenerate

I also propose the ability to become a hulk the right way: exposing yourself to massive amounts of radiation
you're gonna carry that weight
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #14335

Oh shit guys there's one really specific scenario that could potentially be tricky to resolve.

We better call the whole thing off now instead of dealing with it if or when it actually happens. Forget how this benefits all the other times anything is going on. Just imagine the sheer horror that one single moment of indecision might cause.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: