Lizards being thrown into people

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Lizards being thrown into people

Post by Zilenan91 » #134422

I was mulling around a while back, and a lizard was just standing there minding his business when a greyshirt threw him into another human. This wouldn't be a problem, but immediately three secborgs came up and started beating the shit out of him screaming : "HARM! HARM! HARM!" while rubbing their nipples since they knew they could do this and not get in trouble for it.

So if non-humans are unwillingly thrown into humans, dealing brute, should this be an enabler for bloodthirsty borgs or be passed off as an accident.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Lizards being thrown into people

Post by NikNakFlak » #134423

That sounds hilarious
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #134427

That sounds stupid did they even arrest the person who threw the lizard? This sounds very fishy.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #134429

I didn't know secborgs had nipples.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #134433

It was in reference to this
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134438

Reference is nice and well, but MUH VALIDS over this kinda shit goes too far, doesn't it?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #134452

O no, an unexpected situation has arisen that caused players to beat the crap out of each other.

better make new rules and enact strict OOC intervention to prevent any type of fun occurring in the future.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #134455

As hilarious as that is, doesn't that mean if I throw a spear at someone, secborg should baton the spear into submission? Fuck no, arrest the one tossing it.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #134457

The consequences of playing as a Lizard, also known as a Non-Human.

The lizards should organise a protest outside of the brig some time, they should use the name "Lizard Lives Matter". Sure it'll work over well.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #134459

Technically its a shared harm crime in my eyes, on one instance because you can only detain one just give both a warning.

If the lizard continues and consents to being thrown, give him a beating with safety off and leave him to walk back to medbay by himself, arrest the repeatedly throwing human if they continue and try and state a reason why if they shout DINDU NUFFIN.

Ideally separate the two.

Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #134471

NikNakFlak wrote:That sounds hilarious
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #134488

Remove lizard
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134491

No, no, all problems can be solved by making synthetics lizardmov.

It should also balance out the mechanical disadvantage from not being able to get hulk.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #134493

NikNakFlak wrote:That sounds hilarious

Seriously, playing lizard or catperson is like playing mime or clown, you can expect to be abused more, it's part of the fun.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #134502

CPTANT wrote:O no, an unexpected situation has arisen that caused players to beat the crap out of each other.

better make new rules and enact strict OOC intervention to prevent any type of fun occurring in the future.
This. FUN DETECTED, MUST REMOVE FUN.

Basically OP, don't play as a lizard if you don't want to be treated like you're second class. Also, admins will almost always let something pass, or mostly pass if it's absolutely hilarious.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #134511

i see no problem

if you don't want to get beaten to death don't get thrown
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #134515

Cik wrote:i see no problem

if you don't want to get beaten to death don't get thrown
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #134525

Beating a lizardperson for being thrown wouldn't stop any future harm, since you can throw a dead body too. Arresting the thrower would, though.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134527

Tell that a synth who wants a valid kill.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #134535

Amelius wrote: Basically OP, don't play as a lizard if you don't want to be treated like you're second class.
there's a difference between being treated as second class and just being shit because "lawl dey lizards i can do it :^)))". being treated as second class would be not having to follow law 2 orders/being called liggers/being pushed, but being beaten to death for something they had no control over is just someone being a shit validhunter.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #134582

Arrest lizard. Arrest thrower. Problem solved.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #134587

What is rule 1, anyway?
Mime: Depresso
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #134589

"Don't be a dick". Don't mistreat other players just because you can - or especially if you can't -, because they're people too, and you should take their feelings into account.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #134598

TheNightingale wrote:Don't mistreat other players just because you can
Maybe it is not "just because they can", maybe instead that they dislike lizards, have IC reasoning to do so?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #134599

I'd tell the thrower off for performing willful bodily harm with a body, and give the ligger a warning smack with a baton and tell them not to be thrown again tbh
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #134601

If you suspect that the lizard and human were co-operating, make the human execute the lizard

otherwise beat the lizard for harming a human with their snowflake spikes, and haul off the thrower for throwing a dangerous bioweapon at another human

or of course, kill the lizard because lizards are always valid as soon as they cause harm thats the law.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #134603

Scones wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:Don't mistreat other players just because you can
Maybe it is not "just because they can", maybe instead that they dislike lizards, have IC reasoning to do so?
"My character is racist" isn't an excuse, just as "my character is crazy" isn't. Actual IC reasoning, like "This particular lizard stole my RCD and walled me in a maint room" is a whole lot different from "gas teh ligger xD xD race war now".

Being overly hostile to all lizardpeople specifically because they're lizardpeople isn't nice, given that there's an actual player behind those sprites. If you really want to get your racism fix on, join the KKK or something. (Actually, don't.)
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #134609

or: everyone stops being so tense about getting smacked once every billion rounds and embraces the hilarious bullshit that happens.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #134611

It's really an issue with borgs being incredibly bloodthirsty. As a lizard, I feel like borgs are more of an antagonist to me than actual antags are because they can get away with it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Scones

Post by Scones » #134617

TheNightingale wrote:"My character is racist" isn't an excuse
It is, it has been, and it will be. What part of "Play a second-class citizen, get treated like one" don't people understand? If you want an inclusive space cantina, perhaps Baystation would be better suited to your needs and interests.
Zilenan91 wrote:It's really an issue with borgs being incredibly bloodthirsty. As a lizard, I feel like borgs are more of an antagonist to me than actual antags are because they can get away with it.
It's probably because they enjoy a strange amount of protections in a rule system where they are governed by IC and OOC rulings at once. It's more of a flaw with design of both of those sets of rules. Secondarily, the amount a silicon can get away with is weirdly dependent on the admin you're dealing with. Some will support you killing a harmful nonhuman, others will ban you for it.

IMHO silicon rules should be all or nothing. Either laws are followed to a T or you face a ban for breaking character, or all laws that could potentially violate nebulous terms like "Don't be a dick" should be disregarded. Cloudiness does nobody any good.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #134622

Silicons should be suspect to their laws, but brigging a lizard for 10 minutes for being in the same room as a spear (which they fucking did to me) should never be okay. When I play a borg, if a human ever tells me to directly ruin a lizards round I usually make up some bullshit to not have to do it because I'm not going to be the enabler of an asshole. Not coincidentally, most of the people I made excuses against have either been banned multiple times or permabanned for shit behavior, so...

I myself am fine with casual or somewhat active racism, I think it makes the game more fun in a lot of ways, but when you're going out of your way to actively dick people over and ruin somebodies round is when you become a problem and rule 1 territory.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #134678

Did the lizard cause harm deliberately? Yes destroy it entirely without hesitation, no toss it in the brig.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #134688

>Quick, something unexpected is happening, ban it!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134691

It's more like "someone is deliberately being an asshole over a loose interpretation of the rules he has to stick to".

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #134693

Lizards are an optional choice.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #134695

Just gonna copy and paste something I wrote on github here...

SS13 is a roleplaying game, so, if people choose to play a lizard, they build relationships using this lizard with other people that effect how the game plays for them in a very permanent way. Forcing people to toss this social dynamic out because of a single job that can shit on you is awful. It has nothing to do with racism, if anything, racism is good for lizard characters, it creates conflict, that assuming it isn't escalated ridiculously, is very fun and interesting.

The reason this is a problem now is because lizards have been in long enough for people to really remember how they conduct themselves. Through a cycle of roleplaying, lizard characters have built relationships with a lot of people on the server, so, the players being unwilling to toss out these characters and relationships they've grown attached to, want change to happen so that they can keep these relationships and keep having fun with the people they like to be around. It's just the natural cycle of roleplay and human interaction.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134696

Reiterating, there's such a thing as "roleplaying racism" and there's such a thing as "lol i can be an asshole to lizards with no repercussions".

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #134744

DemonFiren wrote:Reiterating, there's such a thing as "roleplaying racism" and there's such a thing as "lol i can be an asshole to lizards with no repercussions".
One of the points of Asimov AI is that it is not the cuddly mechanical teddybear you want it to be, it is a ruthless and absolute machine that will stop at nothing to obey its laws.

2 options:

1. Stop being a pussy and deal with it.
2. Stop playing lizards.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #134747

I'd like to think the two aren't incompatible. Following your laws doesn't specifically mean "beat up lizardpeople, unless you actually have a law ordering you to do so. If a human is throwing something at another human, the first human - the thrower - is culpable here, and though you can't harm them, you can certainly break up the fight. If a lizardperson was throwing something at a human, you can harm them, in that they're nonhuman - but you don't have to (unless specifically ordered to, and even then you can often find a Law One reason not to). Stopping human harm could entail harmbatoning a lizardperson, yes (for example, a traitor lizard killing people), but it could also be as simple as flashing the combatants and dragging them away from each other. Regardless of how you feel about mutantraces, they're still controlled by players, and you should - unless it directly conflicts with your laws - still treat them the same as anyone else.

TL;DR if you're attacking lizardpeople because your laws don't say not to, space yourself from the Chapel mass driver. Your laws don't prohibit that either, and you'd be doing the station a favour.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #134748

TheNightingale wrote:I'd like to think the two aren't incompatible. Following your laws doesn't specifically mean "beat up lizardpeople, unless you actually have a law ordering you to do so. If a human is throwing something at another human, the first human - the thrower - is culpable here, and though you can't harm them, you can certainly break up the fight. If a lizardperson was throwing something at a human, you can harm them, in that they're nonhuman - but you don't have to (unless specifically ordered to, and even then you can often find a Law One reason not to). Stopping human harm could entail harmbatoning a lizardperson, yes (for example, a traitor lizard killing people), but it could also be as simple as flashing the combatants and dragging them away from each other. Regardless of how you feel about mutantraces, they're still controlled by players, and you should - unless it directly conflicts with your laws - still treat them the same as anyone else.

TL;DR if you're attacking lizardpeople because your laws don't say not to, space yourself from the Chapel mass driver. Your laws don't prohibit that either, and you'd be doing the station a favour.
Conflict is fun, nothing happening in a round is far worse than getting beaten once in a while.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #134750

There wouldn't really be an issue here if people were capable of using common fucking sense over lol valids.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #134754

We need safe lizards. They wouldn't be nearly as hurtful when thrown if we sanded down their tail spikes and frills.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #134757

Non-Asimov silicons can technically execute people for a whole range of reasons. That doesn't mean they have to, or are obligated to, or even allowed to. Law 1 does not mean "kill this lizard if it causes a scratch" (plus, corpses can still do harm, I think?) There are many ways to solve this -- including a nice harmbaton to the scales -- without murder.
Last edited by bandit on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #134764

I'd put this down to a "It was funny the first time but don't do it again because its fucking stupid".

I don't care if its "Valid", it still is basically a source of grief if overused.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #134786

bandit wrote:Non-Asimov silicons can technically execute people for a whole range of reasons. That doesn't mean they have to, or are obligated to, or even allowed to. Law 1 does not mean "kill this lizard if it causes a scratch" (plus, corpses can still do harm, I think?) There are many ways to solve this -- including a nice harmbaton to the scales -- without murder.
Up to the AI's indescretion, but much like captain, act like a cuck and go too far and people are going to very readily dislike you and scream AI malf inevitably, die a lawset lizardbeating hero or live to be a craven AI goody two shoes.

Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #134807

Zilenan91 wrote:When I play a borg, if a human ever tells me to directly ruin a lizards round I usually make up some bullshit to not have to do it because I'm not going to be the enabler of an asshole.
Sounds like you need a silicon ban.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #134809

Kor wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:When I play a borg, if a human ever tells me to directly ruin a lizards round I usually make up some bullshit to not have to do it because I'm not going to be the enabler of an asshole.
But this is how silicon laws work. Law One overrides Law Two, and if an action would probably lead to human harm (such as flooding plasma or letting the Syndicate operative into the Armory), don't do it. Is the lizardperson killing many humans? Go right ahead, ruin their day. After all, not doing so will lead to human harm. Is the lizardperson doing nothing? Probably best to leave them be so there aren't riots and fights and harm.

If another law says "Kill all nonhumans", that's what you do. If another law says "Flood plasma", you... feel conflicted, because plasma is harmful, but your laws say so (analyse the law priorities, which comes first? It depends if it's an ion/hacked law or if it says "Plasma isn't harmful"). Remember, as any silicon, your laws always come first - so doing something that might conceivably cause harm is a bad idea. Nothing's stopping you from tipping off Security whilst slowly syphoning the air in the lizardperson's room, either - if they're smart, they'll countermand the order.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #134834

TheNightingale wrote:
Kor wrote:
But this is how silicon laws work. Law One overrides Law Two, and if an action would probably lead to human harm (such as flooding plasma or letting the Syndicate operative into the Armory), don't do it. Is the lizardperson killing many humans? Go right ahead, ruin their day. After all, not doing so will lead to human harm. Is the lizardperson doing nothing? Probably best to leave them be so there aren't riots and fights and harm.

If another law says "Kill all nonhumans", that's what you do. If another law says "Flood plasma", you... feel conflicted, because plasma is harmful, but your laws say so (analyse the law priorities, which comes first? It depends if it's an ion/hacked law or if it says "Plasma isn't harmful"). Remember, as any silicon, your laws always come first - so doing something that might conceivably cause harm is a bad idea. Nothing's stopping you from tipping off Security whilst slowly syphoning the air in the lizardperson's room, either - if they're smart, they'll countermand the order.
Laws come first yes. Lizards aren't protected by law 1, it doesn't apply to them at all. The human is law 2 ordering you to kill the lizard. Not killing the lizard is breaking your laws.

Jesus, if people can't understand the whole second class citizen thing for lizards, I think I need to go code race bans.
Scones

Post by Scones » #134844

It's almost as if silicons comprise an disproportionate amount of policy and gameplay problems and may very well be the source thereof
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #134861

What about "arrest the lizard and thrower for harm and the target for allowing harm" don't you understand. Sec has jackboots. GOOSESTEP!!!
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med