Swarmers and the escape shuttle

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Swarmers and the escape shuttle

Post by bandit » #151178

What's policy on swarmers taking over/deconstructing the shuttle and/or teleporting humans off it? Do they follow drone rules (stay on the station) or not?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Re: Swarmers and the escape shuttle

Post by TheNightingale » #151180

Teleporting humans off the escape shuttle will put them on the nearest safest ground, so that's either the station or another part of the shuttle. Really, if you let swarmers get that far, you have it coming - it's a non-issue. (Remember that they're completely shut down by cyborgs and mechs.)
Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #151183

Swarmers: Swiggity Swooty i'm coming for that booty.
Regular crew: Fucking swarmers.
Unrobust Scrubs: L M A O!

Then the unrobust scrubs proceed to push people trying to fight the swarmers around, missing all their shots, and literally would be better off just droping their guns for somebody who can actually aim to use.

There is no real "Hard Counter" to swarmers zipping around the screen, there is no way to "prevent swarmers from getting that far." either.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #151184

Buckshot. Shoot buckshot. It kills swarmers D E A D, especially after it got buffed.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #151185

Well, you're right about the last part; wiping out a swarmer infestation is pretty much impossible if they know what they're doing and someone leaves stacks of minerals lying around (read: Engineering and Atmospherics). Welding the vents and setting up barriers is a pretty great way to stop them entering the Escape arm, though, and they literally can't do a thing to cyborgs except slow them with barricades (which take time to place anyway). The rest comes down to shooting them. It's 70% preparation, 30% altercation.

Does buckshot go over their heads when you shoot it down a corridor? Because if so, friendly fire everywhere.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #151186

Buckshot will hit swarmers if it goes on the same tile as them. Half their health a pellet, 5 pellets, can fill a hallway with them. Also swarmers can use their shock traps to stun borgs and tp them so borgs aren't a super hard counter.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #151282

I'd say swarmers are programmed to replicate, consume and spread. This could include the shuttle when docked, because ultimately they want to get EVERYWHERE ready for their masters.

Don't expect centcomm to give them a warm welcome though...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #151300

Yeah use the Stargate method and fill them with buckshot. They can outrun lasers most of the time and setting up barricades with shotgunners peppering the hall will keep the most of them out
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #151329

>stargate method

I didn't understand that reference.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #151339

DemonFiren wrote:>stargate method

I didn't understand that reference.
You know, SG-1? This method:-

[youtube]_CYu2tbkgF4[/youtube]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #151498

guys, this is policy discussion on whether or not swarmers should be allowed onto the escape shuttle, not "how to kill swarmers"
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #151503

Literally the first 2 posts answered it
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #151923

Don't see any reason for a rule or policy to keep them off. They are supposed to self-reproduce and consume materials for an unknown master to reclaim at a later date.

On the one hand chasing the crew off the station makes sense. You're not allowed to kill them and they get in the way.

On the other hand, it's not hard to kill a swarmer, especially in a defensive position like escape hallway, if the swarmers can push past the crew onto the shuttle itself without breaching it, let them. Crew would have to be in a very sorry state to even let such a thing happen, and if the swarmers want to eat the station than eating Centcom would be even better for them.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.