Policy on Spacelaw

peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Policy on Spacelaw

Post by peoplearestrange » #159025

Bottom post of the previous page:

It seems that space law is now no longer a thing. I'd heard word of this but it was done fairly stealthily to my knowledge, and as far as I know, without the other headmins involved and was something HG pushed themselves.
The wiki now redirects to the server rules page.

So 10 min timers with buckcuff and headset removal is fine, even for minor crimes, as long as your not a dick about it... Or security are new admins whatever you want to call it.

Ok ok so I'm probably making a mountain out of molehil, but I atleast liked the guide to brig timers and even from a RP element liked the crime codes, which have now technically be erased.
I'm sure its not as big deal as I'm making it, I just dont like that it was kinda stealth applied as far as I can see.

What are your thoughts?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Policy on Spacelaw

Post by ColonicAcid » #161273

post hoc ergo propter hoc
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #162118

With spacelaw gone, the robocop lawset might as well be purge with a vague custom about protecting the innocent, since "public trust" and "law" are no longer defined anywhere. Hell, without space law technically "innocent" isn't defined.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #162132

imblyings wrote:admins have more or less treated perma prisoners as on par with executions, in what universe/which admins have bwoinked you for killing perma prisoners?
Saeg,

Appeared as if a Perma Prisoner had escaped after claiming intent to escape. Was hiding in the toilet and tried to slip dunk me with soap when I went there.

So he ate a baton to the face, I was the HoS during that situation I believe and half the station was completely gone to shit and most of the brig was gone as well.

It was one of those things that you used to justify my perma that Kor overturned because it was shit.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #162138

Screemonster wrote:With spacelaw gone, the robocop lawset might as well be purge with a vague custom about protecting the innocent, since "public trust" and "law" are no longer defined anywhere. Hell, without space law technically "innocent" isn't defined.
There's no robocop anymore. They took it away. They took it all.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #162159

ROBOCOP IS GONE????????????

HG YOU CUCK YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #162176

Robocop was a mistake.

-Guy who added robocop to the map

It would have been less powergamy and more vulnerable if it included the secret directive for Heads.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #162195

1. serve the public trust

is the public trust
>random executions
>thuggery from heads
>security cracking skulls indiscriminately
>escalating violence between two possibly-reconcilable camps

no

>robocop >validhunt lawset

??????????

besides they freeform it all the time anyway so nothing's really changed but whatever
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #162196

RoboCop is programmed to follow three main prime directives (accompanied by a mysterious fourth), which are comparable with Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics":

First Directive: Serve the public trust

The First Directive places RoboCop to help the civilians in any ways possible and protect them from any lethal or non-lethal harm. This places RoboCop as a police civil servant in the series and is the moral directive programmed into him. This also disables him from prosecuting, arresting or killing innocent civilians or act in any way against them unless if he is attacked by them, which then activates the Third Directive.

Second Directive: Protect the innocent

The Second Directive, translated as innocent until proven guilty, places RoboCop in a situation that although he can kill criminals, he only can kill criminals that have committed a serious crime (etc. murder) or and are trying to eliminate him, and as such, can only arrest the minor criminals. However, he can engage against them in physical (and possible lethal) combat if they physically attack him or attempt to flee.

Third Directive: Uphold the law

The Third Directive establishes RoboCop/Murphy as a police officer and as such he has to protect and serve. This directive forces him to serve as a police officer, and as such, he cannot go on strikes, for instance, and it is impossible for him to be fired or request termination of his employment. The directive also disables him from directly attacking or terminating a police officer, but he can arrest one if proven guilty. The Third Directive is specifically what prevents Murphy from killing Boddicker during a drug raid: while Boddicker had been shooting at RoboCop minutes before, he then put his gun away and tried to flee, but RoboCop caught up with him and started severely beating him (based on echoes of memory of what Boddicker did to Murphy). The badly wounded and now unarmed Boddicker begs for his life, pleads that he surrenders, and that RoboCop can't kill him because he's a police officer - which activates the Third Directive, making Robocop take him in alive back to the police precinct.

Fourth Directive: Classified

The Fourth Directive, which is programmed to be hidden from RoboCop unless it becomes obvious, renders him physically incapable of arresting or injuring any senior OCP employee: "Any attempt to arrest a senior OCP employee results in shutdown." This is Jones' contribution to RoboCop's psychological profile. Jones informs RoboCop that he is an OCP product and not an ordinary police officer. As a result, RoboCop is unable to act against the corrupt Jones until the Old Man terminates Jones's employment with the company, allowing RoboCop to act against him.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCop_( ... directives

------------------------------------------------
Pretty much, robosec would come to conflict with sec in rev/etc seeing as although in code red situations everyone is a valid target for lethal force under Space law they're still technically innocent until they do a direct crime (although fleeing a beating could actually be seen as resisting arresting and therefore you actually become a valid target, so the only winning move is to lay down and not resist and hope the robosecbot stops the humans killing you.)
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #162205

It's worth noting that RoboCop plays a little fast and loose with these rules, as only the fourth one actually makes him seize up. For example, he totally kills Boddicker the second time around, even though the situation is pretty much the same. He also happily breaks into the OCP boardroom and holds Dick Jones at gunpoint until Jones is fired from the company, at which point he shoots him out of the top floor of the skyscraper. If the AI is following laws based on an interpretation of how they play out in the film, RoboCop is never really a hindrance to police: he just does his own thing and does it really well and violently.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #162208

Ahh... but like all good AIs Robocop twists the lawset and finds loopholes to exploit.

Watch the Broddicker scene again. Robocop says "I'm not arresting you anymore" but instead of just blowing him away he keeps slowly walking towards Broddicker, his sidearm is even pointing towards the sky.
Why is he doing that? To pysch Broddicker out into doing something stupid like resisting arrest or taking Lois hostage, giving robocop an excuse to exercise deadly response. Plan doesn't exactly work to plan but Broddicker tries killing Robocop again which gives RC the excuse he needs to do the infamous necky-stabby.

Same with Jones. RC doesn't actually even unholster his sidearm. He's just walked into the boardroom to playback a recording, he's not attempted to arrest Dick at that point.
Its only when the Oldman fires Dick that robocop pulls out his sidearm and blows away the armed and dangerous criminal.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #162238

Hmm, that...yeah, that's right when I go back.

Speaking of robocop though, when are ED-209s going to go from something nobody ever uses to a full on MMI-only mech with twin cannons ready to blast unarmed criminals into a pulp?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #162253

When secborgs go away for good.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #162257

I for one would gladly play a validbot.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #162261

Yes, but you're a Sec player.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #162263

I could kill greytide and don't feel bwoink breathing down my neck.