racism

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

racism

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #159347

can we make it a muteable offense to be racist? i'm tired of seeing people named shit like Tyrone Niggacock "roleplaying" as ignorant thug stereotypes and saying the N-word all the time. It's not funny or clever and 95 percent of these guys are total shitbirds who bait people so they can escalate into a valid.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: racism

Post by oranges » #159373

we should just make them valid like the hitler reference names, they'll get the picture pretty quickly.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #159381

solve it IC
space his body.
hide his body.
promote others to kill him for you.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #159382

oranges wrote:we should just make them valid like the hitler reference names, they'll get the picture pretty quickly.
Yes, Oranges, kill all black people :^)
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #159384

ban them for not meeting the server's age requirement, anyone who thinks this is funny has to be 12
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #159404

Ikarrus wrote:
oranges wrote:we should just make them valid like the hitler reference names, they'll get the picture pretty quickly.
Yes, Oranges, kill all black people :^)
They're not black, they're basic bitches pretending to be black
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #159406

If you happen to be security and such a person happens to come on station, let me tell you about pepper spray and targeting the eyes. Drag the prisoner over near a pepper spray dispenser and spray gallon after gallon of pepper spray into their eyes until they start automatically emoting screaming every time they get sprayed. This means they are blind.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #159415

Gas the liggers, race war now.

No seriously, grow a bloody backbone. Ban this, ban that, holy crap can't you just, like, deal with it IG instead of mandating that the server bans everyone on the server who speaks out of line?

Christ, I hate your types.

EDIT: Yes, I agree Tyrone Thundercock saying 'nigga' 100x like a blackface caricature is a poor performance, but am I gonna propone banning him because he said a naughty word or his RP isn't up to your mystical standards? Fuck no.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #159422

Really poor names are valid for admin editing, baiting people using any tactic is still baiting and baiting is still bannable.

Ignore them, seeing as they do it for the reactions, like the adults you all claim to be
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #159426

imblyings wrote:Really poor names are valid for admin editing, baiting people using any tactic is still baiting and baiting is still bannable.

Ignore them, seeing as they do it for the reactions, like the adults you all claim to be
Yeah, but the point is that ignoring somebody who's doing things for attention just means they get more and more extravagant in their attempts to get it, not that they stop attention-seeking like you'd want.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #159431

if they get disruptive to the point where it disrupts the game (read: not just making people """"uncomfortable"""") admins step in, same as they do for wgw and the like
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #159432

I would be in favor of extending the Space Hitler clause to these people
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #159458

If they start smashing up the brig for no reason screaming FUK DA PO LEESE MUH FUGGIN BIX NOOD then make them wipe down the outside of the airlocks with the bar's rag before they suffocate.

Until then oh no le Tyrone Watermelonlover meme, hardly even the worst names i've had to tell people to change.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #159463

Pepper Spray to eye non-stop is a nice idea.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #159476

Amelius wrote:Gas the liggers, race war now.

No seriously, grow a bloody backbone. Ban this, ban that, holy crap can't you just, like, deal with it IG instead of mandating that the server bans everyone on the server who speaks out of line?

Christ, I hate your types.

EDIT: Yes, I agree Tyrone Thundercock saying 'nigga' 100x like a blackface caricature is a poor performance, but am I gonna propone banning him because he said a naughty word or his RP isn't up to your mystical standards? Fuck no.
I didn't say ban him, I said mute him, please read posts before coming in here and throwing accusations. I know you don't care about the qualities of the players on the server as long as water still slips people in maintenance but some of us actually want to have fun.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #159492

I once admin helped if I could beat the shit out of someone IC for saying "gas the kikes". Admins put a note on me for that saying I was terrible for asking to start fights. If I had more of a temper then I already would be banned by now.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #159494

this community thrives on being edgy and """ironically""" bigoted, you'd need a group of actually nice people to push this through
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159497

Wait... is this for people being annoying racist sterotypes or people calling someone else a dumb nigger?
starmute

Post by starmute » #159498

Malkevin wrote:Wait... is this for people being annoying racist sterotypes or people calling someone else a dumb nigger?
Why not discuss both. Aren't they both annoying? You should be able to beat the shit out of someone IC for doing either like WGW and ban repeat offenders in my opinion.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159501

Because Tyrone Blackface arriving on the station and going "Eyy bitches, where da dank and hoes at?" is just someone desperately craving attention.

Angry HoS yelling at the escaping sambo "I'm going to lynch you when I get hold of you blackie" is character development.
starmute

Post by starmute » #159516

If tyrone blackface acts like that he should be valid salad. I don't know about the other situation.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #159580

Ah, so this isn't actually about racism, but more people greytiding? Got it. Would be silly if we began banning people for saying shit like Nigger, Chink, Cracker, Raghead, etc.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #159582

I'm surprised Nightingale didn't start this thread.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #159583

I mean, would it be that silly? Zero-tolerance is one thing, but enforcing an environment where racism is discouraged makes sense for lots of other servers. It never adds anything to the game and it makes interactions less enjoyable when it gets real. In a sense I'm glad lizards were introduced because players that wanted to be edgy racists moved from black people to alien species, and at least that slightly fit the setting.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #159585

ignore it

if it's detrimental to gameplay like wgw copy paste spam, it's an ooc offence

if you feel more uncomfortable due to words than being murderboned then this server is not for you
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #159587

DemonFiren wrote:I'm surprised Nightingale didn't start this thread.
The "gas le ligger im racism xDDDD" meme is stale. I don't mind racism, but only as long as they're creative about it; reusing a real-world slur and changing a letter isn't just offensive, it's boring.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159591

Cheimon wrote:I mean, would it be that silly? Zero-tolerance is one thing, but enforcing an environment where racism is discouraged makes sense for lots of other servers. It never adds anything to the game and it makes interactions less enjoyable when it gets real. In a sense I'm glad lizards were introduced because players that wanted to be edgy racists moved from black people to alien species, and at least that slightly fit the setting.
Apparently in ye olde days back when skin tones were first implemented playing a black character was grounds for getting hunted down and lynched.

Racism is in ss13's blood.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #159683

Yo honeypot thread
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #160003

Cheimon wrote:I mean, would it be that silly? Zero-tolerance is one thing, but enforcing an environment where racism is discouraged makes sense for lots of other servers. It never adds anything to the game and it makes interactions less enjoyable when it gets real. In a sense I'm glad lizards were introduced because players that wanted to be edgy racists moved from black people to alien species, and at least that slightly fit the setting.
It's just a game. If racism bothers you DEAL WITH IT IC and tell the person to fuck off or kick their teeth in. Last thing this server needs is admins wasting time dealing with 'he called me a nigger ban plz' rather than dealing with shitters.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #161337

Redblaze3000 wrote:
It's just a game. If racism bothers you DEAL WITH IT IC and tell the person to fuck off or kick their teeth in. Last thing this server needs is admins wasting time dealing with 'he called me a nigger ban plz' rather than dealing with shitters.
Except people say admins have treated it like griefing when they do or ask permission to do.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #161382

Oh grow a spine and stop thinking everything has to be PC.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #161400

Ayooo hol up
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #161418

we dem boys
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #161438

just ignore it
chris
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #161455

firecage wrote:Oh grow a spine and stop thinking everything has to be PC.
wew lad, go rape someone in the dorms we shall see what happens.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #161640

Lumbermancer wrote:
firecage wrote:Oh grow a spine and stop thinking everything has to be PC.
wew lad, go rape someone in the dorms we shall see what happens.
there's a pretty big difference between calling somebody a nigger and forcing a dick into them, and comparing the two is just asinine
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #161645

No, it's both text that doesn't affect you directly in any way.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #161986

Archie700 wrote:let's lynch some ironic niggers in ss13.
the irony

most powerful thing you can do is just ignore the thing
instead of fanning the flames with your offense
i mean, what do you think these players want in the first place
your adoration?