Basil back on the hub

Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Basil back on the hub

Post by Bawhoppennn » #188548

both servers or neither because they both need population roughly equally as much
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Re: Basil back on the hub

Post by Luke Cox » #188602

Basil for casuals and newfags, Sybil for veterans
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #188651

You do the hokey pokey and you turn around!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #188660

Luke Cox wrote:Basil for casuals and newfags, Sybil for veterans
Do you even RP?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #188688

Let me tell you a secret. Both servers think they're more robust, but after my experience playing on both of them for years, I'd have to say they're almost entirely equal.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #188728

>

im going to fucking slap you in a second friend
crack is whack but smacks got your back
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #188871

sybil is the best because i play there, basil is a bad server because its not sybil and i do not play there i am right
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #189036

its ok coco you are right i rarely play on basil and its kinda bad
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #189054

Bawhoppennn wrote:
Let me tell you a secret. Both servers think they're more robust, but after my experience playing on both of them for years, I'd have to say they're almost entirely equal.
Probably because all the robust vets got burnt out and left, the reputation is an old one.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #189259

cocothegogo wrote:sybil is the best because i play there, basil is a bad server because its not sybil and i do not play there i am right
This pretty much sums up 99% of server vs server arguments.

Honestly I actually like both, they are different, but only like different toppings on the same /tg/ flavoured ice-cream.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #189859

peoplearestrange wrote:
cocothegogo wrote:sybil is the best because i play there, basil is a bad server because its not sybil and i do not play there i am right
This pretty much sums up 99% of server vs server arguments.

Honestly I actually like both, they are different, but only like different toppings on the same /tg/ flavoured ice-cream.
Sprinkles on shitcream is still shitcream.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #190711

I really don't see the point of Basil being on the hub in the long term if Basil is supposed to have slower rounds and a more laid back atmosphere with more sportsmanship. Why fill it with a ton of people who, while there are quite a few good ones, a lot know next to nothing or just flat out act like shit. Its population when it was off the hub briefly of 30-50 during prime North America hours before dipping below 20 late night seemed perfect for cultivating the kind of atmosphere we wanted.

Is there is some kind of good argument for it being on all the time that I have never seen?
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #190722

While I agree that basil gets a lot of population when its on the hub-that doesn't necessarily make it good population. I have no qualms with it getting that extra boost time to time, but with basil striving to be that medium roleplay laid back atmosphere server of the two we have available... It makes it difficult. I have to agree with owegnos post, the population we had when it was off the hub just recently was absolutely perfect. Mornings and nights were the good, lower 20 pop and mid day went around 30-50. There are plenty of hub players who are good intentioned-albiet uneducated-but we also get a lot of griefers and just absurdly rude, unfun people.

Aside from the population, I'm going to have to agree... is there any good argument for keeping it on?
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #190882

I think its run is course, at least opening the gates for a little while helped get some fresh players and certainly revitalised basil. Now we just have to maintain it and stop civil wars.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #190887

Are we still on the hub? Because evening pop hovers around 60-70 still and i cannot stand it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Alarmclock
Byond Username: Alarmclock

Post by Alarmclock » #190896

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! GET RID OF THE HUBBIES!!

But in all serious they are horrendous please take off.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #190897

Jesus this is hellish, they're swarming into medical and chem and they're so bad it's actually painful.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #190927

we need a new LBM, I will gladly accept the position if kor is willing

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #190938

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahsh
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #190965

Bawhoppennn wrote:we need a new LBM, I will gladly accept the position if kor is willing
No, we don't.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #191115

It seems that everyone on Basil, at least those that ever talk in OOC or deadchat, hates the hub. Nobody on Basil wants it, and for the reasons I stated above it gives no benefits and is in fact a detriment. So why is the Basil still on the hub?
Last edited by Owegno on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191117

The hub isn't on Basil.

But Basil shouldn't be on the hub.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #191120

Owegno wrote:It seems that everyone on Basil, at least those that ever talk in OOC or deadchat, hates the hub. Nobody on Basil wants it, and for the reasons I stated above it gives no benefits and is in fact a detriment. So why is the hub still on Basil?
Because it annoys the RP dorks that ruined server 2 in the first place.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #191126

A lot of Sybil regulars have started jumping onto Bagil to robust pubbies, hilariously making Sybil even lower population than before. 55 on Bagil vs 17 on Sybil.

Is this irony?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #191140

it's beginning then
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #191174

Basil becomes a reskinned original sybil, coming this summer, 2016.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #191257

> It's evening in Russia, sybil is dead with 20+ players.

WAKE ME UP
Bring back papercult.

Reece

Post by Reece » #191328

Try to join Bagil.
Only option is assistant, everything else has been taken.
On bagil.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191333

RIP Basil, the Sibocalypse is here.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191345

People gave plenty of good reasons why it should not go back on the hub right away. We heard maybe one or two people who said it should go back on right away, neither of which really held much water. And yet it went back up anyways and we are now swamped with 85 players and sybil has 31. I hope whoever made the call is fucking happy with themselves.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Reece

Post by Reece » #191395

>Implying that the person who did this actually plays on the server in question.
U havin a laf m8
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #191420

The server should now be off the hub.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #191452

Alright back to the other thread

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #191466

Everyone got bored of Overwatch and the summer silly season has finally arrived.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #191519

> Basil is not on hub anymore
> Still twice Sybil's online

W E W L A D
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191529

Give it a while.
Eventually the shitters will leave or migrate to their containment pen.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #191939

I miss old bagil. The Head roles are being staffed 99% of the time by cunts, RP is dead and rounds are lucky to hit fifteen minutes before shit goes tits up.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #193047

Reece wrote:I miss old bagil. The Head roles are being staffed 99% of the time by cunts, RP is dead and rounds are lucky to hit fifteen minutes before shit goes tits up.
Thats not entirely true. I think you taking a few key rounds from last night and making them into "ALL ROUNDS".
We've also had an influx of new players before it was removed from the hub, so it might take a few weeks to make sure they understand how basil works (read: beat them into shape).

I have every faith in our current set of admins frequenting Basil though. If you feel like something is amiss please feel free to ahelp if you see me on and I can try to do what I can do make things more basil and enjoyable for all.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #193917

We spent about fifteen minutes wrestling with a HoP who REALLY REALLY wanted his 2 and a half hour extended round to carry on and kept recalling the shuttle from a hidden console in maint. Then he got admin-thrown out of the room and PAS dropped a bomb on the console BUT WAIT! The idiot had instantly ran right back in after explicit centcomm announcements saying "no" and even after having a new body made bitched in ahelp for the rest of the round about all his loot that was destroyed.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #193918

Oh, so that was what that was all about.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #193919

That's why you fill the room with spiders, or mash the meteor button until it hits him. Sometimes it might take 5 presses of that meteor button. You mash that fucking meteor for the good of the server.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #193922

Meteors are broken, we had to manually throw all the meteors.

(That made it so much more satisfying though)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #193924

drop 5 10 20s everywhere they're pretty accurate substitutes
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #193929

possess a supermatter shard and chase him with it
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #193931

Right Click > Delete

Don't give shits more attention than they deserve.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #193940

Malkevin wrote:Right Click > Delete

At least gib.
Gibbing is customary.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #194124

DemonFiren wrote:
Malkevin wrote:Right Click > Delete

At least gib.
Gibbing is customary.
Nah. Deleting is funnier than gibbing because it cucks people harder.
I've had people get super salty because they got deleted instead of gibbed.
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Post by icecreamcohn » #194130

Okand37 wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:we need a new LBM, I will gladly accept the position if kor is willing
No, we don't.
Then why is PAS trying to do just that with comments like this.

OOC: Peoplearestrange: We wont ban for valid hunt, But I want to try to start asking or moving people over to sybil, where thats more accepted
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #194144

icecreamcohn wrote:
Okand37 wrote:
No, we don't.

OOC: Peoplearestrange: We wont ban for valid hunt, But I want to try to start asking or moving people over to sybil, where thats more accepted
Each person has different opinions. I strongly disagree that we need a specific headmin or leader-type figure for basil, but rather encourage that our headmins associate themselves with both of our servers.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #194345

icecreamcohn wrote:
Okand37 wrote:
No, we don't.

I can speak out as an admin, I can collectively say what I think we're all thinking, any other admin could very very easily have said, "I'm not sure I agree with that". I'm on the same level as any of the other admins who play there who will say there preferences or collective ideas out loud.

Also is there something you specifically disagree with in that statement? You said you didn't like it on the server because it was unfair to reconnecting hubbies, which we mentioned wasn't the case given that its no longer on the hub.

Its also hard to deny that TLBM did a lot of good for basil whilst being a subhead. It certainly both revitalised basil and gave it a definable taste. Not detracting from the fact that other admins had a huge play in this as well, it was just nice the ideas were collected and centralised by one person, who could then talk it though with the heads.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box