Gulagging

J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Gulagging

Post by J_Madison » #217955

Discuss policy on gulagging, because there's a blurred line on what can be gulagged and how many minutes is 100 pts.

Generally speaking, I rarely gulag under 200pts unless it's exceptional circumstances where the prisoner cannot be trusted to reform by waiting 2 minutes.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Gulagging

Post by Saegrimr » #217957

I've done some recent tests and whoever the first person gets into the gulag, 200 points is nearly instant. You spend more time stripping them down and adding the points, and them coming back to dress up than they do with a pick in their hands.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #217976

Yep, 200 points is usually very little, especially with people exploiting sand. I would say that you're safer with gulagging them for 350 normally, maybe 750 if they're extremely shit.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Slettal
Byond Username: Slettal

Post by Slettal » #217982

Because it might relevant, ban appeal for using the gulag too much: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8172
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #218258

Gulag points for each mineral should be re-evaluated.

Sand is worth way too much, everything else too little.

edit: I'll just make a suggestion thread for that.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.