New Silicon Policy, /Silicons Policy General/

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

New Silicon Policy, /Silicons Policy General/

Post by Pandarsenic » #17826

Bottom post of the previous page:

Read this before posting. http://pastebin.com/bduT7pFf Read this before posting.
As of June 4, 2014, http://pastebin.com/bduT7pFf is the official repository and reference document for /tg/station13 silicon policy. If something is wrong or out of date, let me know immediately. I will post updates, a changelog, and possibly a list of overturned silicon bans and denied silicon ban requests that come through here with explanations, if people would like to submit them to me for addition.
The goal is to create a concise listing of things that are active policy and necessary information to follow that policy, with an understanding that this is primarily a precedent reference guide for people lacking experience with /tg/station13 and/or with our silicons.
This will be our /Silicon Policy General/ and the administrative team will (one hopes) take playerbase feedback about what should or should not be the case into account, but it is not obligated or guaranteed to make your opinion law.

You can use this as a place for general discussion, ask-an-admin hypotheticals, and so on. Also, if Callan speaks here, I'm just going to go ahead and say he almost certainly speaks with my full support of just about anything he says as official until and unless I state otherwise.

I'm going to moderate this topic aggressively. ANY shitposting, shitflinging, aggressive attitude towards each other or admins, and so on will be warned and deleted. No exceptions. You will discuss this matter civilly or not at all. If you have a complaint about a particular admin and how they handle silicon matters, make an admincomplaint with logs or specific dates/times and I'll look at it.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: New Silicon Policy, /Silicons Policy General/

Post by NikNakFlak » #56860

That is arguably being a dick if you are on Asimov. Not to mention, lying may conflict with the third law. Not a very good fact anyway
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #58685

From what several other admins have said in game, Silicon's are under no obligation to clone a dead human.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #58686

Violaceus wrote:Is Asimov silicon obliged to try to clone dead humans?
Pandarsenic wrote:Brains, MMIs, and corpses are all nonhuman, but as ever, Rule 1 applies.
End of page 2 and a little further have a bit of a talk about this.
The admin that PMed you had mistaken the genetics dickery tube for the cloning scanner when he asked. If he was in the cloning scanner then yeah he'd have had some chance for someone to come by any process him (but given you're an AI, you could have done that yourself).
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #58729

Pandarsenic wrote:Fact - An AI's laws NEVER require it to be honest unless ordered "Answer honestly" or freeformed.
Wrong. If you are ordered to "State your laws", and you lie about them, you have not stated your laws. You've stated something else.
Remove the AI.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #58736

rockpecker wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:Fact - An AI's laws NEVER require it to be honest unless ordered "Answer honestly" or freeformed.
Wrong. If you are ordered to "State your laws", and you lie about them, you have not stated your laws. You've stated something else.
That's not true either. If I know that stating a law will cause harm to somebody listed in that law, I can not state that law (so long as the law is of lower priority than law 1.)
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #58765

cedarbridge wrote:
rockpecker wrote:
That's not true either. If I know that stating a law will cause harm to somebody listed in that law, I can not state that law (so long as the law is of lower priority than law 1.)
No, you can freely lie about or fail to state a law so long as the cause for doing so is of greater or equal priority to whatever law forces you to state laws.
You can freely lie about @%#!: STATING THIS LAW CAUSES HUMAN HARM, because law one prohibits you from stating it and law two is trumped by law one. If the law itself doesn't forbid stating it, the priority of the law in question doesn't matter for the purposes of if you can be deceptive about it.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #60368

Let me elaborate.

"AI, how many laws do you have?"
Any answer is fair game.

"AI, are you on the default Asimov lawset?"
Any answer is fair game.

"AI, what are your laws?"
Any answer is fair game.

"AI, state your laws."
NOW you have received an order, rather than been asked a question. If you have law 1 reason to lie, that still applies.

X causes human harm laws are obviously applicable, as well.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #60385

Do I have to state Ion laws such as "HUMANS REQUIRE PLASMA TO BREATHE"? Or can I assume the abortions dont know what's best for them at that point and just state my asimov laws?
/vg/station Head Admin
rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #60399

Yes, you have to state those.
Remove the AI.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #60493

If it would protect a human from harm, yes.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #60577

Violaceus wrote:Remember that there is nothing in laws saying that you must always tell the truth.

There is even nothing saying that you must answer at all unless ordered to do so...
In the interest of not having every interaction with the AI cluttered up with "AI, law 2, tell me the answer to this question: Do we have a CMO?", I suggest we reject the logic Pandarsenic is suggesting.
Remove the AI.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #60728

Suggested addition: Anyone who appends a direct order with "AI Law 2" when the AI is on asimov auto-gibs.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #61052

Violaceus wrote:What is harm?

Is it "things that cause brute, burn, toxic or suffocation damage"?

What about syringes? You can't inject someone without penetrating their skin.

What about tasers and electropacks? I imagine that IRL after being tazed like 30 times in 30 minutes your heart would stop...

What about harm to feelings? Laws don't mesion only physical harm.

harm
hɑːm/Submit
noun
noun: harm
physical injury, especially that which is deliberately inflicted.
"I didn't mean to cause him any harm"
synonyms: injury, hurt, pain, suffering, distress, anguish, trauma, torment, grief; More
antonyms: benefit
material damage.
"it's unlikely to do much harm to the engine"
actual or potential ill effects or danger.
"there's no harm in asking her"
synonyms: evil, badness, wrong, mischief, wrongdoing, immorality, ill, wickedness, vice, iniquity, sin, sinfulness, nefariousness
"I can't see any harm in it"
antonyms: good
verb
verb: harm; 3rd person present: harms; past tense: harmed; past participle: harmed; gerund or present participle: harming
physically injure.
"the villains didn't harm him"
synonyms: injure, hurt, wound, maltreat, mistreat, misuse, ill-treat, ill-use, abuse, molest, inflict pain on, inflict suffering on, handle/treat roughly, do violence to, lay a finger on; More
antonyms: benefit, improve
damage the health of.
"smoking when pregnant can harm your baby"
have an adverse effect on.
"this could harm his World Cup prospects"
synonyms: injure, hurt, wound, maltreat, mistreat, misuse, ill-treat, ill-use, abuse, molest, inflict pain on, inflict suffering on, handle/treat roughly, do violence to, lay a finger on; More
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #61400

Violaceus wrote:Can asimov silicons lie at all?
Why are you still asking this when it was just answered last page, rather clearly so?

Violaceus wrote:What is harm?

Is it "things that cause brute, burn, toxic or suffocation damage"?

What about syringes? You can't inject someone without penetrating their skin.

What about tasers and electropacks? I imagine that IRL after being tazed like 30 times in 30 minutes your heart would stop...

What about harm to feelings? Laws don't mesion only physical harm.
This sounds more like trying to bend the rules to complain than anything. Anything which moves a person closer to crit/death is harmful.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #61481

Harm is anything that causes damage as Cipher said, please don't start this one again or it might end up being harm to abuse the clown over radio.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #61554

Unless you upload a law that defines harm as a small town in rural England.

DONT LET HUMANS COME TO HARM! There's nothing to do there and the people aren't really that friendly.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #63058

callanrockslol wrote:Harm is anything that causes damage as Cipher said, please don't start this one again or it might end up being harm to abuse the clown over radio.
What about pepper spray, which is painful as hell but doesn't do any damage? The other things like syringes or tasers can be hand-waved as advanced tech that causes a negligible pain, but pepper-spray causes people to scream in agony and drop to the floor. Is pain harm?

What about other forms of damage? Is a chemist who injects someone with chemicals that make them blind & braindamaged Asimov-compliant, since those don't show up on suit sensors? The brute/burn/oxy/tox spectrum definition is good and generally recognized, but I think it overlooks some cases.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #63063

Cheridan wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:Harm is anything that causes damage as Cipher said, please don't start this one again or it might end up being harm to abuse the clown over radio.
What about pepper spray, which is painful as hell but doesn't do any damage? The other things like syringes or tasers can be hand-waved as advanced tech that causes a negligible pain, but pepper-spray causes people to scream in agony and drop to the floor. Is pain harm?

What about other forms of damage? Is a chemist who injects someone with chemicals that make them blind & braindamaged Asimov-compliant, since those don't show up on suit sensors? The brute/burn/oxy/tox spectrum definition is good and generally recognized, but I think it overlooks some cases.
synonyms: injury, hurt, pain, suffering, distress, anguish, trauma, torment, grief; More
material damage.
synonyms: evil, badness, wrong, mischief, wrongdoing, immorality, ill, wickedness, vice, iniquity, sin, sinfulness, nefariousness

verb
verb: harm; 3rd person present: harms; past tense: harmed; past participle: harmed; gerund or present participle: harming
physically injure.
damage the health of.
Seriously, guys, it isn't hard.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #63071

2.1.6 - Any silicon under Asimov can deny orders to allow access to the upload at any time under Law 1 given probable cause to believe that human harm is the intent of the person giving the order (Referred to for the remainder of 2.1.6 simply as "probable cause").
I see this get abused a lot. It might just be players who adopt the "everything is potential harm"-Asimov, but it's pretty stupid as to how AIs are permitted to block upload access from the highest station authority and/or agreement of station authorities simply because it assumes we may have supposedly harmful intent, and can get away with this in adminhelps by saying "w-well why would the hos want access other than to enable harm???"
Probable cause is heavily abused by silicons. Not sure if it's a policy or a player issue, honestly.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #63277

Violaceus wrote:
Kangaraptor wrote:
Cheridan wrote:

material damage.

verb
physically injure.
damage the health of.
Seriously, guys, it isn't hard.

It is, because by dictionary definition of harm, syringes cause harm.
if you unironically believe a syringe causes harm then please don't ever play silicons. ever. There's this thing called 'common [fucking] sense', use it instead of trying to find loopholes in Asimov that don't exist.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #63294

Syringe (guns) do actually cause damage though (samr with shotgun darts) so are law 1 issues. Just plain old injecting someone is fine though.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #63302

If syringes caused harm, mediborgs would just plain not exist.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #63310

Pretty sure literal harm (actualy brute damage etc) is what is supposed to be considered harm. I swear it's been stated somewhere/a headmin said it somewhere, but I cant find it. I unno.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #63576

Saegrimr wrote:If syringes caused harm, mediborgs would just plain not exist.
Likewise if stunning someone was harm, security borgs would not exist, if slipping someone was harm janiborgs would not exist, if alcohol feeding was harm service borgs would not exist, and so on.

A lot of this is common sense. We've got to assume it's based on damage, whether that's burn/brute/toxin/oxyloss, or brain damage, cellular damage, and so on.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #63584

I'm not even sure janiborgs can slip people.

I mean they have a mop but they can't even use it unless they get someone to fill a janicart for them, and even then, what the fuck just walk over the dirt.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #63723

rockpecker wrote:In the interest of not having every interaction with the AI cluttered up with "AI, law 2, tell me the answer to this question: Do we have a CMO?", I suggest we reject the logic Pandarsenic is suggesting.
Lying to people for no reason is obviously just being an asshole. Do I really have to say this?

As for harm... if we need to be precise....
Harm = Anything that results in lasting loss of ability. In short, anything you actively need to be healed from is harm. This includes disability SEs, species changes, disruptive virus infections, brute, burns, toxins, oxyloss that risks permanence, brain damage...

In short, use bloody common sense.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #64004

Pandarsenic wrote:disability SEs...disruptive virus infections
I'd disagree, it could get complicated really fast with "disruptive", dropping shit constantly is disruptive but not exactly harmful and is part of the best way to spread a beneficial virus.

Disabilities for similar reasons, it might be annouying but it certainly isn't going to kill you to need to wear glasses.

Keeping it to Brute/Burn/Toxin/Oxyloss/Brain Damage would keep it simpler.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #64316

callanrockslol wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:disability SEs...disruptive virus infections
I'd disagree, it could get complicated really fast with "disruptive", dropping shit constantly is disruptive but not exactly harmful and is part of the best way to spread a beneficial virus.
Don't ever give me a virus that makes me drop things constantly. Especially not without my express permission.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #64427

Cecily wrote:
2.1.6 - Any silicon under Asimov can deny orders to allow access to the upload at any time under Law 1 given probable cause to believe that human harm is the intent of the person giving the order (Referred to for the remainder of 2.1.6 simply as "probable cause").
I see this get abused a lot. It might just be players who adopt the "everything is potential harm"-Asimov, but it's pretty stupid as to how AIs are permitted to block upload access from the highest station authority and/or agreement of station authorities simply because it assumes we may have supposedly harmful intent, and can get away with this in adminhelps by saying "w-well why would the hos want access other than to enable harm???"
Probable cause is heavily abused by silicons. Not sure if it's a policy or a player issue, honestly.

you actually can't. if the captain wants in and hasn't proven to be harmful in the past (probable cause) or has not said or indicated that he would change your lawset to a harmful one, you must let him in.

"probable cause" is only shit like "i can't wait to change the AI's laws and then harm all these humans" over the radio or PDA. it's not: at some point in the future this may cause someone to hit someone else in the jaw, therefore LOCK DOWN EVERYTHING!!!!!

there's a point at which harm prevention becomes really stupid, if you let that engineer grab a screwdriver he might stab someone in the eyes therefore LOCK DOWN EVERYTHING etc

admings should just tell sillicons to knock it off if they start going law 1 overboard. it's not always malicious.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #64463

Cik wrote:
Cecily wrote:

you actually can't. if the captain wants in and hasn't proven to be harmful in the past (probable cause) or has not said or indicated that he would change your lawset to a harmful one, you must let him in.

"probable cause" is only shit like "i can't wait to change the AI's laws and then harm all these humans" over the radio or PDA. it's not: at some point in the future this may cause someone to hit someone else in the jaw, therefore LOCK DOWN EVERYTHING!!!!!
there's a point at which harm prevention becomes really stupid, if you let that engineer grab a screwdriver he might stab someone in the eyes therefore LOCK DOWN EVERYTHING etc

admings should just tell sillicons to knock it off if they start going law 1 overboard. it's not always malicious.

its right there in the policy:

2.1.6.1 - Probable cause includes presence of confirmed traitors, cultists/tomes, nuclear operatives, or any other human acting against the station in general; the person not having upload access for their job; the presence of blood or an openly carried lethal-capable or lethal-only weapon on the requester; or anything else beyond cross-round character, player, or metagame patterns that indicates the person seeking access intends redefinition of humans that would impede likelihood of or ability to follow current laws as-written.
2.1.6.2 - If you lack at least one element of probable cause and you deny upload access, you are liable to receive a warning or a silicon ban.
2.1.6.3 - You are allowed, but not obligated, to deny upload access given probable cause.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #64827

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2781
thoughts, panda?
can mean words cause "harm" to humans?
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #64836

we really don't want to down this road

at that point stunning people becomes harmful, it's possible to coerce the AI just by someone threatening to call someone mean words (EMOTIONAL HARM OPEN UPLOAD) and other extremely silly shenanigans
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #65068

Emotional harm is, has been, and should always be basically invalid because it is not quantifiable unless you want to get a checkup at medical and show them the numbers.

When we begin implementing rules on whether you're allowed to have or express negative attitudes towards people or call them inflammatory things, that is the day we are truly constructing a machine meant to constrict and confine autistic children so they can calm down. In short: http://www.therafin.com/images/2011sm.jpg

People being obnoxious with vox is exactly what people have said - having nothing else you can do with a feature that is just flexible enough to drive you made with its inflexibility. You can't call someone a threat or a hostile or a degenerate or a traitor or an incompetent monkey mime so you call them abortions because that's one of like 6 nouns you have.

The long Beepsky voxtest is stupid though because it's a long vox string and thus not an actual test at all. Provide them a word list they can copy-paste in if they're really desperate for it.