[saegrimr] cavoglave - antag ban (RESOLVED)

Appeals which have been closed.
Cavoglave
Byond Username: Cavoglave

[saegrimr] cavoglave - antag ban (RESOLVED)

Post by Cavoglave » #102771

Byond account and character name: Cavoglave as P.I.D. Controller

Banning admin: Saegrimr

Ban type (What are you banned from?): "Syndicate" (i.e. every and all antag types)

Ban reason and length: 1-week ban for committing suicide as a malfunctioning AI

Time ban was placed (including time zone): July 5th, 2015 (exact time unknown)

Your side of the story: I was having terrible luck/being very unrobust as a malfunctioning AI and figured that it would save everyone on the server the trouble of having to dismantle the AI if I just committed suicide and ended the round there. However, I did not realize that the round did not end and instead mulligan had to fire to make up for my death.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Firstly, I feel it is not fair that I am barred from all antag types because of my behavior playing only one type of antag. Secondly, after lamenting about my ban (after the round of course) in OOC, KorPhaeron himself said that I actually did the heroic thing by (attempting to) end the round to save everyone the trouble. Thirdly, thanks to the mulligan system itself, new antagonists were created after my death, so I feel the round's pace was not affected very much at all to begin with, to warrant such a ban.

I hope, at the very least, my ban is reduced in scope to only bar me from playing malf AI for a week. For a lot of people, even if not all, the hope of being an antagonist is what motivates them to play the game in the first place, and, by electing to play, to contribute to the game with their behavior. I cannot honestly have that much fun RPing as a permanent protagonist for more than a few rounds at a time.
Last edited by Cavoglave on Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [saegrimr] cavoglave - antag ban for malf suicide

Post by oranges » #102774

Since when has it been a policy to ban an antag for suiciding?

I know the policy is for heads of staff, but I'd be very upset if it was extended to apply to antags.

Edit: it doubly pisses me off because apparently mulligan fired and the round wasn't really impacted in anyway? Punishing people OOC because they no longer want to engage is shitty beyond belief.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saegrimr] cavoglave - antag ban for malf suicide

Post by Saegrimr » #102775

Removed, please adminhelp next time you're playing a round crucial role like malf or wizard. I guarantee some random ghost would love to take over instead of attempting to force the round to just suddenly end.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cavoglave
Byond Username: Cavoglave

Re: [saegrimr] cavoglave - antag ban (RESOLVED)

Post by Cavoglave » #102776

Thank you very much!