[ahammer18] AVagrant - Permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
AVagrant

[ahammer18] AVagrant - Permaban

Post by AVagrant » #109558

Byond account and character name: AVagrant/Cyrus P. Doud

Banning admin: Ahammer18

Ban type (What are you banned from?): The server

Ban reason and length: permaban/ "Metagaming with FIRSTLETTERMUSTBECAPITALISED throught the VOIP mumble.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Approximately 12:20 EST on August 4th.

Your side of the story: There's not much to my side. Ahammer18 caught us fair and square and I was up front with him or her about us using Mumble in the place of local comms.

We use mumble when we're working on things because I hate typing when we're right next to each other. We don't metagame long range, just when we're local to one another.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think I should be unbanned since I was in fact in the wrong, but it'd be nice if my sentence commuted to a lighter one.
Spoiler:
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Ahammer18: I know whats up, tell me about your friend, FIRSTLETTERMUSTBECAPITALISED

PM to-Admins: We've been working together?

Admin PM from-Ahammer18: You connected at literally the identical time, and you two have been wordlessly communicating the entire round.

PM to-Admins: Honestly, we're in a mumble together. We don't metagame, if that' what you're looking foor.
PM to-Admins: Text chat's just annoying sometimes.

Admin PM from-Ahammer18: So you two are using a VOIP program right now to substitute the ingame chatting?

PM to-Admins: Yes, the program is Mumble.

You have been banned by ahammer18.
Reason: Metagaming with FIRSTLETTERMUSTBECAPITALISED throught the VOIP mumble.
This is a permanent ban.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [ahammer18] AVagrant - Permaban

Post by Saegrimr » #109568

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Primary_Policies

Rules 5 and 6 clearly outline what is waiting for you if you use voice communication to discuss the round.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
AVagrant

Post by AVagrant » #109571

I understand rules 5 and 6 and I owned up to them. I'm just asking if my ban can be commuted to a lighter amount of time that the staff find acceptable.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #109577

No, metacommunication has always been and always will be a permaban. Appeal in a couple months, at least 6.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
AVagrant

Post by AVagrant » #109578

Well that sucks for me I guess. See you in six months.