Appeals which have been closed.
cyfause
Byond Username: Cyfause

[Saegrimr] - Do not encourage cheating

Post by cyfause » #115513

Byond account and character name: Phoal - Keren Seine

Banning admin: Saegrimr

Ban type (What are you banned from?): BYOND: 1440 minutes

Ban reason and length: Reason: Do NOT encourage people to cheat at this game. This is your only warning about this.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): ~4:19 PM, Ottawa, Ontario; Canada (I'm no good at timezones)

Your side of the story: I had mentioned in OOC that a certain program could be used in conjunction with Space Station 13 / BYOND. My intention was to perhaps bring light of it to coders or code maintaners, in an attempt to urge them to attempt to patch any possible contextual actions that might be taken upon BYOND software in relation to the software I had spoken about.

OOC: Phoal: daily reminder that [x] can still [x] byond games
OOC: Lzimann: really?
OOC: Phoal: yea
OOC: Lzimann: well, going to try that out later
OOC: Zionn: Well for what are you even going to use it for
OOC: Lzimann: not here, ofc, before I get banned
OOC: Grazyn: >not using autoclicker to instantly kill people with toilets
OOC: Keyblock: Zionn, you can use it to edit yourself to get Xray or whatever.
OOC: Grazyn: do you even powergame
OOC: Terminus007: there is a click delay anyway
OOC: Saegrimr: Im about to permaban at least four people here.

Saegrimir had messaged me sometime during this:
To which I responded with a simple "k".
I do understand my response might have been a bit too passive; I should have said "Alright, I understand". Which, I most likely would have said if I had thought about my response before reacting instantly.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I will not tell people of the existence of any software related to this particular scenario again within OOC. I can say the same about out of the actual game, but that's hard to prove. I will say, if you take my word for it, I won't mention the usage or existence of such software to anyone else-- including outside of the confines of Space Station 13 / BYOND itself.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] - Do not encourage cheating

Post by Saegrimr » #115514

If you have an issue with something being abusable, report it on github or adminhelp. Don't make retarded comments about "HEY GUYS GUESS HOW YOU CAN CHEAT IN SPESS".

Considering you were the initial cause of this mess, you can take the rest of the day off.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
cyfause
Byond Username: Cyfause

Post by cyfause » #115516

Saegrimr wrote:If you have an issue with something being abusable, report it on github or adminhelp. Don't make retarded comments about "HEY GUYS GUESS HOW YOU CAN CHEAT IN SPESS".

Considering you were the initial cause of this mess, you can take the rest of the day off.
I'm fine with taking the rest of the day off.
I will be contacting a few coders to try and find solutions to the issue at hand. There's no need call me retarded, or intentionally misquote what I actually said in the quotation marks. I'm trying to respond in a respectful professional manner to you, without bringing any emotions to the table.
Yes, I understand what I've done is incredibly wrong. I will, yes, take the rest of the day off. I just wanted to let you know my intentions weren't to be malicious, but rather to solve an issue.
Thank you for replying, though. I hope I haven't made you too irritated/upset, that was not my cause.
See you tomorrow!
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #115517

My apologies. I meant to imply that the intent of statements like that were stupid, not you specifically. Besides you've already provided mostly the correct logs as did the other two, I doubt anybody would really take that allcaps rant as an exact quote.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #115910

wew lad, why are the admins so touchy
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #115916

Thanks, citrusman.