[TechnoAlchemist] Ninja 137 - Silicon Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Ninja137
Byond Username: Ninja137

[TechnoAlchemist] Ninja 137 - Silicon Ban

Post by Ninja137 » #121443

[TechnoAlchemist] Player Name: Hell if I know, I random name every round.

Fluff things: See Title. Shitler wizard Staff of Changes person to Drone, Drone is annoyed at this development, proceeds to minorly annoy wizard.

Byond account and character name: Ninja 137

Banning admin: TechnoAlchemist

Ban type (What are you banned from?): All Silicons, including drones.

Ban reason and length: Given that it wasn't from the actual admin I was speaking to, it's presumably because of the comment stated in my side of the story about how what I did was of basically zero actual importance and that nobody cared, I'd assume it's just spite. A temp-ban from silicon for it, sure, that'd be reasonable. Permanent ban without the actual banning admin saying so much as a word? A bit less-so.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-09-23 07:17:51 for whatever server time is. It was about 3AM EST or so, if I recall.

Your side of the story:It was an early morning low-pop wizard round with the wizard using a Staff of Change. He seemed friendly enough and wasn't really hurting people, so I lent a hand in getting a few slimes to stop attempting to murder him. He Staff of Changed me a few times, and ran away leaving me as a drone. I don't know why, but for some reason he didn't have his sprite changed to the whole staticky blanked out thing, and there were at least several other people that it didn't do it for. It DID blank out an alien hunter that was releasing plasma, and it sometimes garbled speech, but I could hear the wizard just fine for some reason, likely a bug or some other wonkyness with the Staff. The point is, I ended up talking with him as a drone, he turned out to be a bit of a cunt, and given that I could apparently interact with him without issue given that I could see him and hear him just fine, I ended up hitting him several times with a welder. Not super long after I get a PM from someone other than Techno who I honestly can't remember, and I end up talking with them about it. The conversation eventually ends after we clear up misunderstandings about it having given me laws, which I hadn't noticed at first because I was in the middle of talking to the wizard as I got staffed.

A few minutes pass, nothing really happens, suddenly I get a blanket permanent silicon ban slapped onto me by Techno because I had said to the other admin something vaguely to the effect of "It's a 3AM low-pop wizard round with a staff of change, and nothing really happened from the attack. Nobody really cares much about this but you." because, if we're really gonna be honest here, that's the case. It was an early morning gimmick round by a wizard, he wasn't permanently harmed or killed, no damage to the station was done, and he didn't end up getting hurt more because of me. The events that I was involved in were of zero significance to the round.

That said, yes, I do actually know to not attack people as a silicon, and for what little it's worth, I'm sorry to that wizard for being a minor annoyance.

(Also, someone get on fixing that visual bug thing. Dunno if that's even consistent at all, and if I was actually smart, I'd have taken logs to show I could see him speak. Then again, people can just check the server logs of that day and see that we were having a conversation, and since it's fairly hard to do that without both parties being able to hear eachother, that ought to be pretty clear.)

Why you think you should be unbanned: Don't even think I should be outright unbanned, but a permanent ban from an entire role off of a tiny fuckup in lowpop early-morning wizard rounds? Nah. I think that since I did fuck up, I should have some sort of temp ban, but permanent is ridiculous.
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title edit
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Silicon Ban due to Staff of Change Wizard Round

Post by Saegrimr » #121492

Ninja137 wrote:it's presumably because of the comment stated in my side of the story about how what I did was of basically zero actual importance and that nobody cared, I'd assume it's just spite.
[07:13:19]ADMIN: PM: Ninja137/(Drone (472))->Tsaricide/(Ronald Jerome): It doesn't matter, though. It's a 3AM Wizard round, barely anything happened off of it, and nobody other than you actually cares.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #121508

The reason it was a permanent ban is because you didn't aknowledge it was wrong, you said that nobody cares and that it's a wizard round and neither of those things excuses you from the rules. You did admit you fucked up in your post so I'll lift the ban in a few days .
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #121532

I recommend upgrading this to a server weekban. He's done this kind of thing where he tries to excuse his shittery by saying shit like this "nobody other than you actually cares."

2015-08-29 16:08:06 | Sybil | skorvold
Broke a known antagonist out of prison, and offered to break out any others in the Perma Brig. When asked why, he said he was bored and it was the most constructive thing he could do.
Last edited by Skorvold on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Ninja137
Byond Username: Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #121536

Skorvold wrote:I recommend upgrading this to a server weekban. He's done this kind of thing where he tries to excuse his shittery by saying shit like this "nobody other than you actually cares."

2015-08-29 16:08:06 | Sybil | skorvold
Broke a known antagonist out of prison, and offered to break out any others in the Perma Brig. When asked why, he said he was bored and it was the most constructive thing he could do.
First, I don't remember offering to break any others out of permabrig, nor do I even think I said anything to anyone but that one Mime.

Second, as far as I had seen at all that round, the Mime was perfectly friendly, and sec was assholes. Last I recall, greytiding was possible to do, but made you valid, and that's what that fell under. I didn't hurt anyone, kill anyone, cause irreparable damage to the station, or do anything that would have likely even caused that. Furthermore, even if the Mime WAS an antag, he was in permabrig and stripped of his equipment. It's not exactly as though a gearless mime with no ID is going to get up to that much trouble, but that wasn't the IC reasoning for it.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: [TechnoAlchemist] Ninja 137 - Silicon Ban

Post by peoplearestrange » #124005

Players ban has expired and is unbanned.

Resolving this.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box