Appeals which have been closed.
arstic
Byond Username: Arstic

[saegrimr] NikNakFlak - As antag

Post by arstic » #123744

Byond account and character name: Arstic - NikNakFlak
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban type: Permanent, server
Ban reason and length: Created a disposals loop as a an asimov borg, would not give me a straight answer claiming "he doesn't remember". Make an appeal in a week when you're ready to just tell me what you were doing instead of being vague.
Permanent

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-10-06 22:25:05 (server time)
Your side of the story: Built a disposals loop as an antagonist cyborg with a zeroth law.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I had a zeroth law due to being slaved to a traitor AI. The problem is while I was inside the disposal loop, chat bugged, so I had to relog. First thing I see when I get back is the zeroth law is gone. Meaning I had no way of knowing when the zeroth law was removed. If I finished the loop after the zeroth law was removed, my mistake. If I finished it before the zeroth law was removed, saegrimr's mistake.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: [saegrimr] NikNakFlak - As antag

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #123756

I didn't think it's possible for you to lose your 0th law unless someone literally dragged you to robotics, unsynced you, and then dragged you back to where you logged out.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #123773

I was actually in that infinite loop, and it really didnt hurt anyone, he even let everyone out after a minute or two. We all though boris did it, and like 3 guys jumped him and crit him until i saved him.

Hope thats helpful
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #123778

Seems almost impossible for them to lose their zeroth law from a code perspective, anyone able to review logs?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #123786

He had no zeroth law, and was independant from his AI which was an antag.

I should elaborate he stated he was blown and rebuilt twice since the start of the round. Meaning he would have seen his law updates at least twice.
sirnat wrote:he even let everyone out after a minute or two.
No that was me deleting the pipe you were all trapped in.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
arstic
Byond Username: Arstic

Post by arstic » #125018

Saegrimr wrote:He had no zeroth law, and was independant from his AI which was an antag.

I should elaborate he stated he was blown and rebuilt twice since the start of the round. Meaning he would have seen his law updates at least twice.
Started the round as a borg synced with the traitor AI, therefore, with a zeroth law. In the process of building the infinite loop, got blown by the captain because traitor AI partially lasered the captain in the core. Got rebuilt and blown by the captain again before I could even *ping. Got rebuilt a second time, then in my haste to get back to my loop, didn't check laws. Then chat bugged out, and I relogged, and didn't scroll up to check laws till after the bwoinking started.

So whatever.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125021

Always check your laws, especially after being rebuilt. Law desyncs, AI purges, ion laws, emagging, numerous things can happen in the time you're on the table as a brain and in the borg.

I'll unban you since its been about 4 days and you seem to understand why this became a problem.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.