[Gamarr] I didn't acount for shitty code, grudgeban ahoy

Appeals which have been closed.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

[Gamarr] I didn't acount for shitty code, grudgeban ahoy

Post by Oldman Robustin » #125623

1) We had a shuttle event
2) Centcom says we should build a black hole to supercharge the engine (LIKE ASKING THE CREW TO BUILD A NEW SINGULARITY ENGINE ISN'T ASKING FOR MASS DEATH? BAN CENTCOM PLZ)
3) Cargo gets PA parts and Engineers start grabbing Radiation collectors.
4) After helping build the shuttle I decide to join in on the absurdity of trying to make a new singularity by heating up a plasma can and loudly announcing it several times on radio
5) I repeatedly warn the crew I'm bringing aboard a hot plasma can and don't open it unless you're using it fill fuel.
6) I bring aboard hot plasma can, nothing bad happens for the rest of my time on the shuttle
7) GAMARR: BWOINK: WHATS WITH THE CAN THERE BUDDY?
8) Yea its fuel for the singularity, but you guys launched early so it was never built. Anyone can take the can off if theyre uncomfortable im literally 1 person on this 30+ person shuttle.
9) NAW SON THERES ONLY CO2 IN THAT CANISTER AT 9000 DEGREES
10) Oh right, gas cans have been fucky for a while and even pure plasma will burn at even moderate temperatures, its really stupid now that you mention it and...
11) YEA WELL PREPARE UR BUTT HERE COMES A 2 HOUR BAN

Gammar in his infinite wisdom, neglected the following two points:

1) IF I WANTED TO GRIEF THE SHUTTLE I WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH HAPPIER BRINGING ABOARD PLASMA THAN C02. HOT CO2 IS ABOUT AS DANGEROUS AS A HOT FART THAT DISSIPATES IN 30 SECONDS OF FASTMOS, IF THE CAN ACTUALLY HAD HOT PLASMA IT WOULD'VE BEEN CAPABLE OF CREATING A SELF SUSTAINING HELLFIRE THAT WOULD HAVE BURNED OUT THE SHUTTLE IF RELEASED. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY BANNING ME BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY BROUGHT SOMETHING LESS DANGEROUS ABOARD THE SHUTTLE BY ACCIDENT? IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE EVEN IF YOU ASSUME THAT I'M SECRETLY HITLER LOOKING TO CREATE A HOLOCAUST EVERY CHANCE I GET.

2) YOURE THE GUYS WHO TOLD US TO BUILD A GODDAMN NEW SINGULARITY ENGINE ATTACHED TO A SHUTTLE IN ESCAPE. I CAN COUNT ON ONE HAND THE NUMBER OF TIMES THE CREW HAS BUILT A NEW SINGULARITY THAT DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY ESCAPE IN MY THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS HERE. YOU REALIZE THERES A TEENY BIT OF HYPOCRISY IN ENCOURAGING SINGULARITY ENGINE BUILDING AND THEN BANNING THE FIRST PERSON WHO TRIES TO BRING FUEL FOR THE SINGULARITY BUT INSTEAD BRINGS A LESS DANGEROUS ALBEIT LESS USEFUL GAS INSTEAD?

I mean those are just the two core logical faults at the core of his reasoning, not even getting into the pure shittiness of "HEY REMEMBER YESTERDAY WHEN WE DECIDED TO BAN YOU BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE DID SOMETHING STUPID ON YOUR BEHALF? WELL TODAY WE'RE RAMPING IT UP AND JUST GOING TO BAN YOU BECAUSE SOMEONE HYPOTHETICALLY COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING STUPID. THERE'S NO END TO REASONS WE CAN BAN YOU NOW! IT'S GREAT!".

Bonus argument: What the fuck ever happened to handling things IC. THere's were 30+ free-willed crew who were perfectly capable of moving the marked plasma canister off the shuttle if they felt it wasn't needed, I wasn't resisting, I wasn't interfering with anyone who wanted it off, I just brought it aboard and sat in a corner until I was banned. I mean I try to give admins the benefit of the doubt but holy shit I haven't felt a grudgeboner through an adminPM that hard since Brotemis used to BWOINK me for taking insulated gloves as captain. Get off your high horse.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Gamarr] I didn't acount for shitty code, grudgeban ahoy

Post by oranges » #125625

What the fuck, when did we start banning people for potential future problems?

This isn't the minority report.

I mean seriously, nobody even got injured or anything.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #125626

oranges wrote:What the fuck, when did we start banning people for potential future problems?

This isn't the minority report.

I mean seriously, nobody even got injured or anything.
Fuck you I was looking up the name of the precogs to make this joke and you beat me to it
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #125627

In before precogs detect this thread going nowhere and lock it in advance. I'm surprised I wasn't already forum banned by the time I got here.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #125629

I was on the shuttle, when I saw a plasma canister brought on. I clearly saw oldman announe, "BRINGING HOT PLASMA ON THE SHUTTLE" I said in response, "This will be fun" The fucking cannister didn't get opened because I surely didnt die and neither did anyone else.

This ban is stupid, he didn't do anything to result in any death or shuttle griff.

If you admins didn't want shit like that to happen, you shouldn't have:
1) Made us build a shuttle
2) Tell us to build a singu (Seriously, are you wanting us all to die?)

Oldman didn't do anything ban worthy, plus if you want to avoid a non-antag killing everyone Gamar.. Why didn't you delete the cannister?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #125632

I wasn't even playing this round, and literally the one thing I remember reading as a ghost was oldman clearly annoucing the plasma can and to not open it except for fuel.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #125636

sirnat wrote:I was on the shuttle, when I saw a plasma canister brought on. I clearly saw oldman announe, "BRINGING HOT PLASMA ON THE SHUTTLE" I said in response, "This will be fun" The fucking cannister didn't get opened because I surely didnt die and neither did anyone else.

This ban is stupid, he didn't do anything to result in any death or shuttle griff.

If you admins didn't want shit like that to happen, you shouldn't have:
1) Made us build a shuttle
2) Tell us to build a singu (Seriously, are you wanting us all to die?)

Oldman didn't do anything ban worthy, plus if you want to avoid a non-antag killing everyone Gamar.. Why didn't you delete the cannister?
He did delete the canister (or someone took it off the shuttle very quickly when I was reading chat). Hence the grudgeban accusation in my title, there's one obvious purpose to this ban and his feigned anger over me "lying to him" about the contents of the canister are laughable.

Again, why the fuck would I lie about it? Why would I even want hot c02? If I was a diligent good guy engineer I'd want to bring aboard plasma, if I was hitler incarnate I'd want to bring aboard plasma, why would I want to lie about bringing about some shitty non-flammable gas by accident? Why are you angry and banning me for bringing aboard something LESS LETHAL than I had originally claimed? Do you even understand how these gasses work?
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #125637

If someone had opened it the ban probably would have stuck, but I lifted it.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #125638

I gotta agree with Oldman here. Nothing went wrong, you asked them to do something dangerous and he brought the tools to do so, and building a shuttle is always a clusterfuck anyway. What, are you going to ban the guy who brought all the hydorponics crap because it was a clutter hazard? Or, in other rounds, the botanist that makes 100 pot bananas and leaves them out front? How to make the game bland structured crap in seconds, is by restricting non-antag action to the point of only being able to robotically do your job, but not share the fruits of it if the people *may* use that product for something else. Feels like the diametric opposite to the goon methodology (which seems to be where we're tending toward), wherein they have an entire job role dedicated to kleptomania and the mass-replication of syndicate or NT property.

Besides, those sorts of extended event-y rounds are kind of intended for crew to somewhat set themselves up for failure, otherwise it becomes too structured and rigid.