[cedarbridge] Zoozimper (Grief)

Appeals which have been closed.
Brumbpo
Byond Username: Brumbpo

[cedarbridge] Zoozimper (Grief)

Post by Brumbpo » #124574

Byond account: Brumpo (previously bepis, pebis, zoozimper. Horgin was a friend trying to connect from my house.)
Character name: N/A
Banning admin: Cedarbridge
Ban type: Permanent.
Ban reason and length: "Another user of this computer or connection (zoozimper) is banned from playing here. Shuttle grief, killed a guy on the shuttle and logged off when messaged by admin."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-01-25 22:32:58

Your side of the story:
((JUST REPOSTING AS I WAS ASKED TO APPEAL AGAIN IN A MONTH, last thread here https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4504))
Back in January I got absolutely, hysterically baked with some friends. I thought the good thing to do would be to play space station 13. It wasn't.
Some guy was giving me shit in the round. I bashed his head in on the shuttle and panicked when an admin messaged me. I was relatively new to the game, and also new to /tg/station (I know that's no excuse.)

Fastforward to this week: With a new ip, but paranoid that my appeal wouldn't be accepted, I posted a fake appeal claiming that I'd inherited some bans from my new school apartment's, in a delightful attempt to bypass a CID ban by spoofing my MAC address. It worked out, I played a few rounds (the new chemistry is great. I was a delight. I was so well-behaved that not a single admin contacted me <3). I figured I could sneak back in and try to integrate.

Totally forgot that a spoofed mac address resets when you disconnect from the network. I tried to go for a round of /tg/ the next day and WHAM. Cold, hard karma fucked my ass. I came out to Saegrimr about my villainy and was told to appeal. Here I am.

I'm a competent player who's lacking a concrete community right now. My actions back in January weren't really excusable, nor were my actions this week.
That said, /tg/station is where I'd like to start spending my time and I hope you'll find it in your spessmen hearts to accept me.

(EDIT: I completely lost my old passwords. I am only "brumbpo" now. If you see it in your hearts to allow me thru, that's my key.)
Last edited by Brumbpo on Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Re: [cedarbridge] Zoozimper (Grief)

Post by tedward1337 » #124595

winners don't do space drugs
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #124606

Wow so much wrong with this.
First I'm kinda impressed you managed to "play" ss13 while baked, thats something I've never managed.

Anyway, you did something REALLY stupid, and I'm not talking about the orginal ban, I mean the fake appeal and obvious lying. I mean come on man, you know no one would be down with that. We also have more than one way of tracking users besides IP (Plus we have a NikNakFlak, and he will find you).

Anyway lets get things moving here. Have you played on other severs since the ban? If so could you get any notes/lack of notes from an admin from another server.
We'd also ask you to stick to one account to avoid any future assumptions that your trying to get round a ban etc
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Brumbpo

Post by Brumbpo » #124728

I got scolded last appeal, I'm aware of my actions. That said- Not sure what you mean by obvious lying. I came clean about this on my own.

I'll exclusively be "Brumbpo" from now on.
I haven't been on any servers since the ban. Kinda just played here.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #125390

Seeing as the latest ban was made by Saegrimr, I'm going to ask them to comment before a decision is made.

Please standby...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125523

Gotta say i'm not really a fan of the excuse but shit happens, just note that lieing to us or trying to use the excuse that you got way too high again will probably net you as our next stickyban test subject. I'll lift it here in a few minutes.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Brumbpo

Post by Brumbpo » #125806

I've since learned that mind-altering substances and heavy roleplay don't mix, so it won't be happening again. I assume full responsibility. Much appreciated.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #125851

peoplearestrange wrote:Wow so much wrong with this.
First I'm kinda impressed you managed to "play" ss13 while baked, thats something I've never managed.
It's possible. That's actually where most of the times I've gotten in trouble came from. Released the singularity for shits and giggles when I was drunk and high on ambient and last year shot a guy full of lethal amounts of chloral hydrate for no reason when I chased down a third of a fifth of vodka with some Librium. Bad shit can happen if you're mixing drugs with 2D Spessmen.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125858

Jacough wrote:Bad shit can happen if you're mixing drugs with 2D Spessmen.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.