Cultist Crap

Appeals which have been closed.
Theroboticone

Cultist Crap

Post by Theroboticone » #13535

Yesterday I was playing as captain and working in maintenance, fixing it up, placing down tiles, installing lights. It was generally fun. Some other crew members even joined me. Then fast forward to the bartender shooting me and trying to convert me into a cultist, then eventually being turned into a wraith. Now I understand that a wraith is a part of the cult, but I didn't want to run around killing people so I just sort of lurked in the same maint hide out I made. Freaking people out with my teleport power. I was told to go destroy the AI, but I couldnt even melt down walls-- much less take down six turrets so I didn't. Then as I ran around the maint tunnels there were a couple of cultists trying to kill a gray shirt so I tried to help them. The following happened in a mainly one tile wide tunnel (the one behind the bar and kitchen). With my luck my game lagged as I clicked on the one gray shirt hitting the chef about three times. When my game finally came back, I saw that the gray shirt was beating the crap out of the chef. So I dragged the gray shirt away after the bar keep shot her to protect the chef and try to face her toward only the bar keep. By this time I realized that I had to go bed because of my job in the morning so I shut my computer down and left the game.

Can I please be unbanned?
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: Cultist Crap

Post by elyina » #13542

Theroboticone

Post by Theroboticone » #13551

alright well I already posted what happened,

Byond account: Theroboticone
Banned by: cheridan
Ban reason: turned into a wraith, ignoring orders and then killing a cultist, then logging out
Time when banned: 6/13/14 21:54:26 EST
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #13602

So I went and checked the logs to see if there was anything about the situation I missed, and in addition to the line where you ignore orders ([18:48:39]SAY: Wraith (669)/Theroboticone : fuck off, I live in the maint vents) I also uncovered this tidbit:

[18:48:12]SAY: Wraith (669)/Theroboticone : I am captain

[18:49:46]SAY: Ward Robertson/Bobbjoe101 : Yo captain can you show me your master?
[18:50:05]SAY: Wraith (669)/Theroboticone : the chef
[18:50:20]SAY: Ward Robertson/Bobbjoe101 : Yo nigga the chef is a cultist
[18:50:34]SAY: Ward Robertson/Bobbjoe101 : Captain is a wrath

Judging from your complete refusal to follow orders, and your apparent willingness to out your fellow cultists, I'm not too inclined to believe it was an accident.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Theroboticone

Post by Theroboticone » #13606

I didnt want the people that had helped me to be harmed, yes that is true.
Theroboticone

Post by Theroboticone » #13748

So just to clear things up, the ban will last forever?
Theroboticone

Post by Theroboticone » #14259

Hey, I like to bump this one last time to get a final ruling on what my ban situation is...
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #14267

The answer depends on whether you understand what's wrong with the logs Cheri posted, more specifically what you did wrong in those logs. As in, a cult construct outing its master to non-cultists voluntarily.
RIP
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #14269

Sorry for the wait.

Your permaban has been lifted, but I've placed a cultist role ban. Constructs outing fellow cultists before maybe-accidentally-but-probably-not killing them, isn't acceptable here. Antagonist conversions are stronger than the bonds of friendship.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.