[NikNakFlak] SingularByte Greyshirts are evil

Appeals which have been closed.
SingularByte
Byond Username: SingularByte

[NikNakFlak] SingularByte Greyshirts are evil

Post by SingularByte » #13952

This is the same incident as http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=707 but I figured I'd put it into a different thread, due to the different nature of the ban.

Byond account: SingularByte.
Character name: Standard Cyborg (Can't recall number, but it shouldn't be hard to check.)
Banning admin: NikNakFlak
Ban reason and length: Big incident with being paladin and having evil greyshirts law. Apparently spaced non-assistants as well, please explain on the forums.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Ban applied on 2014-06-16 07:48:22. I assume this is on server time, as opposed to my personal time zone.

Your side of the story:

I don't actually have logs for this, so some parts may be a bit vague, or even misremembered, but I'll do my best. I apologise if some time frames are a bit off.

I started the round as assistant and went straight to robotics to get borged, as normal. When I became borg, I had paladin, along with Protect Station as law 6, and a custom law that all grey shirts and/or assistants were evil, and were to be brought to the gulag.

I questioned law 6 over binary immediately, asking whether or not it was evil, and was told by the AI and some/all of the other borgs that it was fine and I should follow it. I didn't question law 7, because I didn't exactly see taking people to the gulag as evil, and it was in line with law 2 to respect legitimate authority.

I think it was around this point where I chose a standard module.

I then headed towards arrivals where I saw an assistant. It was him who brought up the possibility of job changes, so I relayed the question to the AI, who then relayed it to the captain. After confirmation that job changes were permissable, I dragged him to the HoP line, and went off to find more assistants.

A bit later on, there were reports of a rebellion in the gulag, so I ended up heading there. The area near the shuttle was a bit crowded, but I got on, and sent it to the gulag. An assistant and a chef ended up coming along for the ride.

I headed to the upper doors and opened them to reveal plasma and fire, so I quickly closed it, made sure the two were in the back, and bolted the door between the front and back of the shuttle to ensure they wouldn't be hurt in the fire.

The fire didn't seem to have got very far onto the gulag, so I pretty much wandered around for a small amount of time, looking for the captain, who I'd been told was killed nearby by the greyshirts. The greyshirts didn't seem bothered about me moving around, and I didn't really interact with them.

Someone ended up dragging the captain into view, so I simply brought him all the way back to medbay for cloning.

I started roaming around after I'd started the cloning, but was told someone had broken EVA, and I was to kill them under law 6. However, the couple of people by the EVA maint door ran as I arrived, and after some searching, I couldn't find them.

I was then told to go back to the gulag and rescue any non-assistants who were still trapped there, so I sent myself on the shuttle. When I got there, the RD was hiding inside the security office near the shuttle with a cuffed assistant, and an assistant wearing a firesuit was nearby, in the corridor. The RD was offering to trade the cuffed assistant for the firesuit. The firesuit assistant was telling people to kill me and he was holding a flash, so I asked if he was threatening me.

I ended up stunning him when he pulled out a crowbar, and, since a secborg turned up, I kept stunning him and I asked the secborg to arrest him. I started running low on power, and I was worried about being attacked if the assistant got back up, so I ended up harm batoning him a couple of times, while getting his firesuit gear off for the RD, then we legged it back to the shuttle. The RD said it was still too hot, even with the suit, and I made the mistake of just thinking he'd be able to survive the heat on the way back. He went into crit on the shuttle, so I took him to medbay for healing.

A bit later on, I saw an engineer fiddling with C4 near cargo. They ended up getting in through the cargo door, feeding the cargo tech some pills which sent him to sleep, and started planting the C4. At this point, I simply started to kill the engineer for trying to kill an innocent man. I left him in crit, and dragged the cargo tech to medbay and into cryo, where I noticed him gaining a ton of toxin damage. Eventually the tech healed up and survived.

A bit later on, I heard an assistant say he needed out of mining so I head over there, to the asteroid. He was in a space suit near the shuttle and had an ID saying he was Adventurer, with the job Adventurer, but he was wearing a PDA saying he was an assistant. I started telling him he was an assistant and needed to go to the gulag, until he threw away the PDA. I ended up asking the AI if I should let him go, but I was told to take him away like the others. After some problems with trying to stun him and drag him out of space, I ended up letting him get onto solid ground, before stunning him and dragging him out the west exit.

He ended up falling unconscious part way to the next mining base, so I figured I'd just get to the next base, stick him in a sleeper, sort out the air, and continue on my way once he was healed. It turned out that there wasn't a sleeper or any good way to bring him back from crit. I think during the journey, he'd ended up using the carbon-dioxide jetpack as air. According to my medical analyzer, he already had over 100 damage from oxygen loss, so he wouldn't survive the trip back. I made a half-hearted attempt to at least get the jetpack off, but there was no way to save him, and the AI was unsympathetic to the death, so I went back to the station.

Nothing else really happened beyond that point from my perspective, and the shuttle ended up coming and going.

There may be a couple of things I missed, so just ask if there's anything you want me to answer.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I didn't roam around trying to kill or space assistants.

By the end of the game, my harm/kill count was the following, from memory:

An assistant I harm batoned twice, after him wanting to kill me. I think he was alive and not in crit after the hits.

An RD accidently brought into crit. My fault, but I tried to heal him afterwards.

An engineer who tried to kill and blow up a cargo tech. I killed him, and I doubt there's much of a problem with this one.

Adventurer, who I tried bringing to the gulag. I admit, him getting killed was my fault, although I'd hope that the fact that he had been able to survive and move around in space just a minute beforehand acts as a mitigating factor. I suspect he turned off his air on entry to the mining station, then turned the wrong one on when exiting.

I'm not going to deny that at many points, I shouted over the radio that assistants were evil when I heard any complaints from them, and I didn't really try to prevent the AI or other borgs from their actions, but I was just assuming they were in situations where they were forced to kill, and due to the chaotic nature of the round, I may have missed some of the more extreme things happening.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [NikNakFlak] SingularByte Greyshirts are evil

Post by NikNakFlak » #14020

Your story seems to check out and this ban was just to get you to explain yourself on the forum. Can you tell me about this specific instance however?

(Cuban McGriffin): Cyborg-462 left me to die, after he beat the shit out of me. My ID clearly shows i'm a non-greyshirt. Or what fucking laws do they have now?
SingularByte
Byond Username: SingularByte

Post by SingularByte » #14022

I'm sorry, but I'll need a bit more context for it. As I said, I don't have logs, so I can't remember who exactly it was. Is it possible to find out his job?

Edit: After thinking about it, the only thing I remember that matches what Cuban said was when I attacked the engineer, as I mentioned in my description of events. If it was the engineer, and I somehow misinterpreted what was going on, I apologise.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #14056

Besides that, everything looks fine. Lifted