[lzimann] MiniMeatwad - my luck is bad accused meta permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
mini_meatwad

[lzimann] MiniMeatwad - my luck is bad accused meta permaban

Post by mini_meatwad » #148990

Post Content: huh?
Byond account and character name: MiniMeatwad
Banning admin: Izimann
Ban type (What are you banned from?): full access restriction to entering the server
Ban reason and length: Metagaming the game mode somehow, calling nuke ops before they even left the base, and "stumbled into their shuttle while was in space".
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 8:54 PM EST
Your side of the story: to be short, my luck is probably the worst fucking thing in existence. my ban reason is because i saw a person in space with nuke op looking gear, which is probably some fuckwad being a shitler, and then i flew up into the shuttle because nuke ops were at the armory, and i slipped up towards the shuttle, and aparrently i got banned. i don't think there is a reason for this because if it's a ban because of proclaimed "metagaming", i'd say there is only a 1% chance in hell that anything would happen.
don't take my appearance of bad attitude or anything as actual bad attitude, it's only my personality.
this is the first server i've been banned from for "meta" in a long time, taking events in a order i'd say it's really shitty to get such a ban. another thing is i don't want to say this is for the sake of b ecause i've only played for at least a month and not to give me a excuse, somehow i've managed to get myself banned for having bad luck, lets say you're me in this situation, walk up to a window and see some person in a blood red hardsuit running by with no ID, you'd assume they're a nuke op or traitor, people saying that there are nuclear operators breaching the armory, you would go out and try and attack them, and since i'm shit i slipped and managed to fly onto the ship, taking this chance because i could, i went to the ship instead of just flying back to the action.
i also have a weird feeling this isn't big enough for a permanent ban and too recent but when it comes to my now favorite server, which don't also take that as a "ok ur favorite server u liek it we git it", i want to be able to enjoy the server and not have to deal with my shitty luck in the process. i manage to have such bad luck i fly into a ship and get banned for it, what a dream.
Why you think you should be unbanned: being assumed of metagaming during the process of somehow really having shit luck.

Last edited by mini_meatwad on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Re: [lzimann] MiniMeatwad - my luck is bad accused meta perm

Post by lzimann » #149000

I honestly don't buy it was luck. Let's take a look at the logs.
Spoiler:
[01:12:52]ACCESS: Login: MiniMeatwad/(Cockjuggler 9000) from [ip] || BYOND v509 -- Time you got put inside a borg
[01:13:08]SAY: Cockjuggler 9000/MiniMeatwad : I'm gonna go security
[01:13:11]SAY: Cockjuggler 9000/MiniMeatwad : Eventhough i love engineering
[01:13:13]SAY: Cockjuggler 9000/MiniMeatwad : It has to be done
[01:13:19]SAY: Cockjuggler 9000/MiniMeatwad : Fluke ops
The nuke ops were still in their base when you said that, how exactly did you know it was ops?
And about the shuttle, you happened to be in space and slipped(after confirming about ops yourself) to their shuttle, which is a bit too convinient, don't you think, after all, why were you, as a secborg, in space in the first place?
mini_meatwad

Post by mini_meatwad » #149005

didn't expect such a fast response, "I SAW A BLOOD RED SUITED CHUCKLEFUCK IN SPACE", they were saying the armory was being breached and i went to go try and take out a nuke op, slipping because i'm shit, and then ran into the ship, if it weren't for the person in space this wouldn't be a big problem. either way this is the expected response and i give up, i'm not gonna try and talk anymore considering my experience with admins this usually means "nope".
if you've actually looked deeper at the logs, you'd know that people were saying that nuke ops were breaching the armory, so i went to go check and saw nuke ops dragging a bomb.
and yet again
why the fuck are there blood red hardsuits on the station? i saw a shitler in one.

last words is: confirming my bad luck, i had a 99.99% chance to win something, i did it twice and FAILED TWICE. it was validated as a 99.99% chance in the code, and i failed twice at it.
fucking beautiful is it not?
lzimann

Post by lzimann » #149006

The biggest problem here, you were the first person to call nuke ops while they were STILL in their base, how do you explain that?
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Post by icecreamcohn » #149016

So I watched this and was following the the only sec near the armory. The Czar(Knox) had a Syndy bomb out side of Armory and no one was around. there was no one calling for the armory break in at that time as there was no one around but you near the Armory. You were at the space doors in the Sec Pod.

The other Syndy went by Comms and the Eng side to get in. Czar was the only one to go to Armory. You came out just as she got there.

Knox dropped the bomb in space and ran west while you went strait up instead of chasing her.

I was ghosting her the whole time this happened.
mini_meatwad

Post by mini_meatwad » #149019

this deserves a reply
i chased them and then i slipped
you don't seem to have ghosted them either
people were saying "NUKE OPS AT ARMORY!!"
whilst everyone was running to the armory, i went to space and saw a nuke op, i took their bomb and ran inside to give it to somebody and then i ran for them, you need to pay attention more
lzimann

Post by lzimann » #149020

You still didn't answer, you called ops as soon as you became a borg, while the ops were still in their base.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #149023

[You get your brain removed]
[01:11:01]EMOTE: Drake Owens/MiniMeatwad : <B>Drake Owens</B> seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...
[unrelated people talking]
[01:11:06]SAY: Blue-Tek Operative #3/Alarmclock : Listen, I will stalk maintence and get people in there for a while.
[01:11:09]SAY: Blue-Tek Czar/Okand37 : Two slabs of C4? Think we already got some in the shuttle but yeah
[01:11:12]SAY: Blue-Tek Operative #3/Alarmclock : I got a silencer and that'll take them down.
[You get put into an MMI]
[01:11:17]SAY: Drake Owens/MiniMeatwad : FUCK MY LIFE I ACCIDENTLY RUINED MY IMMERSHUNS

Later on when you get put into a borg body.

[01:13:08]SAY: Cockjuggler 9000/MiniMeatwad : I'm gonna go security
[01:13:11]SAY: Cockjuggler 9000/MiniMeatwad : Eventhough i love engineering
[01:13:13]SAY: Cockjuggler 9000/MiniMeatwad : It has to be done
[01:13:19]SAY: Cockjuggler 9000/MiniMeatwad : Fluke ops

So the problem here is you used dead chat information to meta the roundtype. While this isn't as bad as other things you could have done to meta the round that were probably suspected, this is a HUGE no as far as keeping any semblance of sanity in roundtypes.

I'm gonna suggest instead of a server ban, this gets moved to all ghost-related roles where you have a chance to get back into the round once dead.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
mini_meatwad

Post by mini_meatwad » #149026

sounds good to me
as long as it doesn't ban me from BECOMING A BORG, just banning me from being put into an MMi.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #149032

Same thing here, basically.
The actual question is why would you even use dead chat info IC?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lzimann

Post by lzimann » #149033

I lifted the permaban and banned you from all ghost-related roles. Please, NEVER use information that you adquired from deadchat again, the next time it WILL be a perma.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #149077

Technically the ghost role ban won't ban them from being borged. No real way to do that and not ban roundstart silicon.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #149229

Unless I'm mistaken, the ghost-role ban also doesn't prevent cloning, which also allows use of deadchat-meta.
lzimann

Post by lzimann » #149232

He has been warned, one more time he does that and the perma will be applied, again, and it will stick.