[Aliannera] Tarioneye -jobpermban

Appeals which have been closed.
Tarioneye

[Aliannera] Tarioneye -jobpermban

Post by Tarioneye » #158348

Byond account and character name: Tarioneye, was playing as Luke Haze.
Banning admin: Aliannera.
Ban type (What are you banned from?): I got permjobbanned from playing shadowling.
Ban reason and length: I got jobbanned since I didnt do anything meaningful as antag and it was a perm.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 20.00 UTC +1 29/02/16
Your side of the story: It was my first time playing as a shadowling and on dreamstation so I was trying to get my bearings and figure out what to do. Since the other shadowlings seemed to know what they were doing I was hanging back working in science on a bomb to throw the crew of. But pretty fast the other shadowlings got caught and killed which resulted in the shuttle being called and the crew on high alert. Not knowing what to do in the situation I got brainfreeze and couldnt figure out how to recall the shuttle and not get exposed. I didnt even hatch. After the shuttle left I figured I might as well try hatching and almost died from light....
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was my first time and I had no idea what to do, aswell as being on a completly new station. I know I should have atleast tried something (I managed to bomb the walls outside security :( ) but seeing as fast as the others got killed I couldnt figure out what to do. Lifting the ban will only result in me doing better next time.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Re: [Aliannera] Tarioneye -jobpermban

Post by Xhagi » #158351

You were messaged multiple times by admins wondering when you were going to do something as the only remaining Sling, but you still sat around and did nothing. You didn't even pop into being sling until after the shuttle launched.

But, being bad isn't a bannable reason. I didn't know if you were wasting the spot or just terrible. If it was your first time, then yes, do better next time or read up more on what antag your playing before you mark that you want to be it. I'll lift the ban.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Re: [Aliannera] Tarioneye -jobpermban

Post by lzimann » #158775

Locking and moving this to resolved, PM if anything is wrong, etc