Appeals which have been closed.
AVagrant

[ahammer18] AVagrant - Permaban

Post by AVagrant » #154595

Byond Account/Player Name: AVagrant/Cyrus P. Doud

Banning Admin: AHammer18

Ban Type:Both Servers

Ban Reason/Length: Permanent. Metacomms

Time Ban Was Placed: Roughly six months ago. EST.

My Side Of The Story: Not really any side to my story. Hammer caught me fair and square metacomming while attempting to rebuild the abandoned teleporter. After an appeal within that day they told me to appeal in six months.

Why You Think You Should Be Unbanned: I've come to realize why metacomming sucks for everyone not involved in it and how it ruins the game to an extent.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Re: [ahammer18] AVagrant - Permaban

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #154638

What do you mean 'to an extent''?
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
AVagrant

Post by AVagrant » #154998

Yeah, sorry. I didn't say that very well and should clarify.

Talking with friends ruins legitimate rounds, but is fine for dicking around/semi serious rounds on private servers.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #155026

I think what Irish is getting at is, its never acceptable on our servers to metacom.

Also so you know our standard practice is to unban only one of the two metacommers to avoid future issues. So you need to decide who could be unbanned if it goes through. I'll point Ahammer this way.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
AVagrant

Post by AVagrant » #155160

Well, both I and the other one have move on to different things, but he said he really doesn't care anymore. I guess that makes it me if it goes through.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #155742

If you're not playing the game, moved on to other things and don't really care, why are you appealing the ban?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
AVagrant

Post by AVagrant » #155749

When we first started playing SS13 back in August, we played a lot and we're metacomming semi-frequently. We've moved on to other games like HoTS, ARMA 3, etc.

I still play a round or two of SS13 every weekend now instead of every night.

He doesn't really play anymore.

I liked /tg/ because things actually happen within the span of an hour instead of paradise where it takes two hours for the shuttle transfer vote and you're not even sure there were antags.

Don't get me wrong. I like Paradise a lot, but it's pacing sometimes sucks when I have about an hour and want to get through a round.

Plus in my time playing on /tg/ Admins were always more welcoming to prayers/player suggestion on round events. I mean, at one point the admins brought Ian back to life in the bar because either I or my friend prayed for it as chaplain.

That's why I'm appealing. I liked /tg/ a lot, but at the time thought we could just low-key avoid the metacomming rule.

Metacomming was a mistake on my part.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #160234

The banning admin for this ban has been MIA for like a month and we just kinda left this thing to rot. I'll get a headmin to look over it and you'll probably get unbanned. It's been awhile so if you don't see this message, the resolvement will be sent as a PM as well.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #160237

Headmin weighed in.
Unbanned on probation for like a month. You're friend will remain banned.
Resolving in 24 hours.