[Ausops] Hamfam77 - Larry the Lube Lad

Appeals which have been closed.
Hamfam77
Byond Username: Hamfam77

[Ausops] Hamfam77 - Larry the Lube Lad

Post by Hamfam77 » #177670

Byond account and character name: Hamfam77 / I dont namefag
Banning admin: Ausops
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Video games.
Ban reason and length: Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 5/18/16 12:00 PM PST
Your side of the story: Since Ausops was evading my question with cheeky cuck answers like http://imgur.com/a/6LH5z and banned me, this is my only avenue to continue our conversation.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I shouldn't.

It's against the rules as a nonantagonist. I did it, I got banned, all is well, there's no contest here.

What I don't understand (and what my GOOD FRIEND Ausops refused to answer) is how you're supposed to treat a hypothetical situation such as this :

Memer A lubes up a hallway.
Memer B slips and gets triggered.
Memer B hasn't seen Memer A before, but he knows that only antagonists are allowed to do what Memer A did.
Is Memer B free to murder, maim, and otherwise meme on Memer A, with the understanding that Memer A MUST be an antagonist, since he's using lube?
Hamfam77

Re: [Ausops] Hamfam77 - Larry the Lube Lad

Post by Hamfam77 » #177671

Also since there's no way to convey emotion through text, I'll make it clear that there's no hard feelings. I just want this question answered because it's been bugging me for the longest time.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #177733

>if i get banned for doing x does that mean I can valid anyone doing x who hasn't gone catatonic
>shitton of notes since joining

do you see how your actions make you unwelcome from this server

lubenading cargo office and the hallway outside hops office because cargo didn't order a toy crate for you is not ok

this does not mean you get to jump to asking if you can valid anyone who has lube on them
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #177786

imblyings wrote:
do you see how your actions make you unwelcome from this server
Yes, and I got banned for said actions. I got punished for it. Not sure why you're bringing this up when it has nothing to do with what I'm asking.

imblyings wrote:
lubenading cargo office and the hallway outside hops office because cargo didn't order a toy crate for you is not ok
Yes, and I got banned for it. It was wrong, I got punished for it. Not sure why you're bringing this up when it has nothing to do with what I'm asking.

imblyings wrote: this does not mean you get to jump to asking if you can valid anyone who has lube on them
Not that it matters in the slightest, but I /did/ say I wouldn't do it again, and my GOOD FRIEND Ausops still wouldn't answer the question.

As much as I love constructive criticism, if you aren't going to address the question I posed then don't waste your time in this thread. You guys probably have better things to be doing, with all due respect.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #177798

Spoiler:
[06:42:37]ADMIN: PM: Ausops/(Anna Avery)->Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong): hi what was with that grenade at the cargo office
[06:42:56]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): Hi it was revenge on the cargo tech for denying my request
[06:43:06]ADMIN: PM: Ausops/(Anna Avery)->Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong): and what request was that
[06:43:15]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): She refused my toy crate.
[06:43:40]ADMIN: PM: Ausops/(Anna Avery)->Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong): you lubed an entire hallway and slipped multiple people because someone didn't want to buy you a crate
[06:43:55]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): That's right, yeah. I didn't hurt anybody, just a prank bro
[06:44:22]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): Do you have to be the clown to use lube?
[06:44:42]ADMIN: PM: Ausops/(Anna Avery)->Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong): you have to be an antag to grief with lube
[06:45:00]ADMIN: Ausops/(Anna Avery) has added a note to hamfam77: Lube naded hallway near cargo office.
[06:45:00]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): But then doesn't that mean anybody that even HAS space lube can be murdered just for having it?
[06:45:08]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): How do you stop metagaming with it?
[06:45:15]ADMIN: PM: Ausops/(Anna Avery)->Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong): It means don't lube as a nonantag
[06:45:24]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): You didnt answer my question
[06:45:40]ADMIN: PM: Ausops/(Anna Avery)->Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong): I did, don't lube as a non antag.
[06:45:50]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): So that means
[06:45:58]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): people with lube are to be PRESUMED to be an antagonist
[06:46:04]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): and therefore valid to murder
[06:46:07]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): y/n?
[06:46:17]ADMIN: PM: Ausops/(Anna Avery)->Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong): Don't be dumb. Don't lube as a non-antag.
[06:46:28]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): Now you're just evading my question
[06:46:33]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): I wont lube as a non antag anymore
[06:46:41]ADMIN: PM: Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong)->Ausops/(Anna Avery): But Im going to murder people I see that have it
[06:48:13]ADMIN: ausops has banned hamfam77.
Reason: Reply PM from-Hamfam77/(Apple Armstrong): But Im going to murder people I see that have it
Your responses here were kind of garbage tbh, yeah if someone's spraying lube all over the fucking place for no reason you can assume he's an antagonist and act accordingly but being all "hurr I'm gonna lynch anyone who so much as has lube on their person" is a bit of a stretch.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #177801

lollerderby wrote:
Your responses here were kind of garbage tbh, yeah if someone's spraying lube all over the fucking place for no reason you can assume he's an antagonist and act accordingly but being all "hurr I'm gonna lynch anyone who so much as has lube on their person" is a bit of a stretch.

Appreciate the honesty.

lollerderby wrote:
yeah if someone's spraying lube all over the fucking place for no reason you can assume he's an antagonist and act accordingly
Literally all I came to ask, thanks for actually answering the question. Is this an agreed-upon consensus or is it a grey area?
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #177826

There is no grey area. Act like an antagonist get treated like an antag. But that implies they're doing something. Not walking aboot with something on them.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #177831

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:There is no grey area. Act like an antagonist get treated like an antag. But that implies they're doing something. Not walking aboot with something on them.
Noted, this is all I needed to know. Close and move the thread; I'll see you lads next year.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #177846

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it not so much "only antagonists can use lube" as "only antagonists can be massive dicks and fuck up large areas of the station and render them impassible"?
Or more closely "antagonists are allowed to be bigger dicks than nonantags, lubegrenading an entire hallway is being a big dick"

Asking "hey guys where is the line drawn for me to meta that someone's an antag and validkill them" is a garbage attitude though
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #177921

you should be banned for the ratio of your profile pic.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #177937

Screemonster wrote: "antagonists are allowed to be bigger dicks than nonantags, lubegrenading an entire hallway is being a big dick"
Not exactly true but better saved for another thread. Non-antags easily be a bigger dick than antags, but their limits and reasonable excuses are fewer.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #177941

oranges wrote:you should be banned for the ratio of your profile pic.
i was gonna say it but i'm glad you did
Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #177945

TechnoAlchemist wrote:
oranges wrote:you should be banned for the ratio of your profile pic.
i was gonna say it but i'm glad you did
Came back to fix this just for you.