Caradon

Unfounded ban

Post by Caradon » #181654

[admin name] Saegrimr

Post Content:
Key name: Dareb, Player name Guillermo Howe
Banning admin: Saegrimr
Ban type (30 minute ban)
Ban reason and length: allegedly using ooc to ic in ooc, 30 minute ban.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-05-29 16:54:57
Your side of the story: What was stated was obviously a joke and alluded to nothing in the round, nor could anyone reasonable have ever presumed it was. This was clearly acting hastily without discussion or warning. Worse, even after realizing a mistake, an intelligent person would retract their mistake immediately, not leave an unfounded punishment be left to be counted down.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It was an unfounded ban, it should have been removed the very moment it was applied.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Unfounded ban

Post by Okand37 » #181660

It is possible that your joke was taken as a reference to IC in OOC, or even false IC in OOC which is still by accords punishable. The reason for this is because the players in the round don't always know everything that is going on, and your information could end up influencing decisions or ruining someones plans.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Caradon

Post by Caradon » #181661

better ban everyone then.
Caradon

Post by Caradon » #181662

for reference, this is exactly what happened.. so no, your explanation makes zero sense.

"OOC: Dareb: who else thinks a person using an energyblade repeatedly on someone should play a tone 'twinkle twinkle little star' just to make it seem more embarassing.
(F) Joanna Maritia asks, "Want to play ball?"
(F) Jessica Sulivard says, "Ew"
(F) Christopher Beckett says, "There's like"
(F) Joanna Maritia says, "Yeah whatever."
(F) Christopher Beckett says, "A murderer onboard"
(F) Christopher Beckett says, "Sure"
(F) Joanna Maritia asks, "Want to play ball?"
(F) Joanna Maritia says, "Get some trunks."
You have been banned by saegrimr.
Reason: Do not talk about the current round in OOC

No details were given and I wasn't talking about the round"
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #181663

Due to it being such an active problem with basil being open on the hub, IC in OOC rules are enforced fairly strictly to try and cut down on it to the maximum extent.
Caradon wrote:OOC: Dareb: who else thinks a person using an energyblade repeatedly on someone should play a tone 'twinkle twinkle little star' just to make it seem more embarassing.
The reason that this could be interpreted as IC in OOC is that it could imply someone was stabbing someone with an energyblade. While it is true this is very loose from ones perspective, in a general game perspective it could still apply to what I listed above.

We understand that you are frustrated with your ban, but I have stated why the IC in OOC rule is so strictly enforced. Every player is still appreciated, and we enjoy having you on our server but we still have to ensure the community is running optimally.
Last edited by Okand37 on Sun May 29, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Caradon

Post by Caradon » #181664

My issue here is that there was no delay, no recourse, no discussion, no warning, and no repeal.

This is toxic behavior (of) paradise levels, I cam(e) here to get away from strict shit admins
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #181665

How about you don't make "clever" "jokes" about the murderboner with an esword that you're chasing.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Caradon

Post by Caradon » #181671

Not hearing a counter argument here, Saegrimr. so glad you agree with me. You can do mental gymnastics all you want but you cant adequately associate what was said with your rash actions. Not that it fucking matters, You're admin, I'm not. No amount of complaints or appeals will matter. You're immune to criticism, and no matter how many valid points or arguments I make, You will always be right.

So let's just drop it
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #181683

>Make ban appeal for 30 minute ban about dumb shit you undeniably did and admit to.
>l-lets just drop it

You're a funny one.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.