Appeals which have been closed.
Snerdly
Byond Username: Snerdly

lilahnovi - Chance - Banned for metacommunicating

Post by Snerdly » #183223

Byond account and character name: Snerdly, Chance
Banning admin: lilahnovi
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Snerdly and Byosfeer are metacomming, and unwordly following around (They share an IP). Doing antag stuff as non-antags and causing tons of trouble. They obviously think causing mayhem and pissing people off is "fun".
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 6/2/2016 2:30 PM CST
Your side of the story: First of all, I adminhelped that my friend was coming over to play spess. (AlphaBetaa responded saying that's fine) We were talking normally in the game and were playing on different ends of my house. My "Doing antag stuff" was really just me making krokodil as a chemist, and then doing absolutely nothing but running away from sec, who then proceeded to harmbaton me and then John McDoe proceeded to murder me as well.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I wasn't metacommunicating because I adminhelped it first, and I wasn't doing "antag stuff". I didn't kill anyone at all and I didn't break any server rules at all.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: lilahnovi - Chance - Banned for metacommunicating

Post by Okand37 » #183228

Just because you have adminhelped it, doesn't mean there is or isn't metacommunication. As long as communication is kept purely ingame and IC, then it is OK. Toeing the line to a rule can be considered breaking it if repeated offenses happen, and your view compared to their own on acting like an antagonist may be different. Granted, it seems like a lot of information here is lacking.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Snerdly

Post by Snerdly » #183229

I also got banned without even being adminhelped or questioned. I did absolutely nothing against the rules besides "metacommunicating", which I was told by AlphaBetaa was alright.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #183230

Snerdly wrote:I also got banned without even being adminhelped or questioned. I did absolutely nothing against the rules besides "metacommunicating", which I was told by AlphaBetaa was alright.
You are changing your story a bit here. You said you weren't metacomming and that you didn't break the rules, now you are saying you did nothing besides "metacommunications" which you are saying you were told was alright.

In any case, often times we have new admins and sometimes they don't always make a clear ban. The admin herself has been contacted to change or keep her judgement on the ban.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Snerdly

Post by Snerdly » #183232

I didn't change any story at all, I put it in quotes for sarcasm.
Lilah
Byond Username: LilahNovi

Post by Lilah » #183235

I admit now that I made a mistake on the unwordly part of it. Because I didn't understand that things said by the character don't show up in VV if they are a ghost, and I hadn't checked the server logs. I apologize for that. I understand now how to use that system properly, and will use it properly in the future.
However, people ahelp about you a lot, Snerdly. It seems your idea of fun is causing trouble in rounds and just making it unfun for a lot of other players. I would like to let you and your friend come back, but can you promise to chill a little bit and stop causing such a problem for other players?
:heart: Image :heart:
Snerdly

Post by Snerdly » #183245

Yes, I apologize. Thank you.
Lilah
Byond Username: LilahNovi

Post by Lilah » #183250

You have been unbanned, as well as Byosfeer. Thank you for your apology-- now please go fourth and have a fun time without causing mayhem.
:heart: Image :heart:
alphaBeta
Byond Username: AlphaaBeta

Post by alphaBeta » #183251

Snerdly wrote:I also got banned without even being adminhelped or questioned. I did absolutely nothing against the rules besides "metacommunicating", which I was told by AlphaBetaa was alright.
I've never said metacommunication was alright, I've simply stated that I've noted your affiliation with another person.