[Saegrimr] Sligneris - Drone bomber

Post by Slignerd » #183553

Byond account and character name:
Sligneris / Drone

Banning admin:
Saegrimr

Ban type (What are you banned from?):
Job ban - drone
Server ban (not appealing this one, it's well-deserved and I want to serve it out.)

Ban reason and length:
seemingly permanent (job ban)
1440 minutes (server ban)

Time ban was placed (including time zone):
2016-06-03, shortly before 20:00

Your side of the story:
There isn't much to it. I went out of science to do my usual drone work, found a cool hat for me to wear. Then, I saw someone throw around what looked like TTV bombs around in the bar, without an activation device of any kind attached. I'm not really even really sure why anymore, but I picked one of several valves thrown around, and assumed it wasn't dangerous - after all, who would just throw around actual tank transfer bombs around in the bar, with no apparent antagonistic goal behind it? It didn't help that just earlier, I've seen another crewmember spam the hallways with strange objects that disappeared shortly after, with the usage of a silly toy - I thought this was similar.

So, I thought it was a prank as well, and for whatever reason the idea that "Open Valve" meant "blow the whole thing up" just didn't occur to me. After a brutal realization that it was a real deal... I guess I was just filled with shock and regret for what I did. I honestly have nothing to say in defense for this. I'm not even really a newbie, but admittedly I did not ever work with Toxins to know that this would happen. Definitely not going to touch suspicious things like that as a drone ever again.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Now I know better than to ever touch anything that even looks like anything remotely dangerous as a drone. And this also includes opening valves on bombs, this time regardless of whether or not I'm a drone - more like on whether or not I'm an antag.
Last edited by Slignerd on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] Sligneris - Drone bomber

Post by Saegrimr » #183560

You know considering you've been with us this long without even a single fuckup aside from this, i'm gonna reduce this pretty heavily.

Just know that drone bans are typically extremely lengthy due to them being more of a privilege thing for bored ghosts than something meant to heavily affect the round.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #183566

Ah, alright. Thank you and sorry for the trouble! How long is the drone ban currently, though?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #183569

2 days, server ban 5 hours.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.