Appeals which have been closed.
inzane
Byond Username: Teaminzane6

inzanes Ban Appeal

Post by inzane » #188109

Byond account and character name: Teaminzane6 bingus
Banning admin:ausops
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Sybil server
Ban reason and length: Permaban for killing a for presumably no reason and logging off before questioning.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 06:24:16 EST 2016/06/17
Your side of the story: I was playing as the CMO and being new to this game I started walking around the station and went to virology where I asked the virologist what he was doing. He replied being completely rude and cussing at me/ calling me names saying that I was a retard. So I fired back at him. Not knowing the rules I went and picked up a oxygen tank and beat him to death with it. The reason that I left the server afterwards was that I got mad and thought nothing of an admin coming to talk to me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, seeing as it's my fault for not reading the rules/ learning how to play I think the ban should at least be downgraded from a permaban if anything since it was my first offense. I just got into the game recently and wanted to learn how to play and assumed that since I was the CMO I could do whatever with the science staff. I'm sorry for killing the man but he was being completely rude and an ass towards me so I killed him.
Last edited by inzane on Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Re: inzanes Ban Appeal

Post by icecreamcohn » #188113

I have a legit question. Well two.

1. If you are new to the game why did you pick a head of staff and B. Why would you think killing someone for talking shit would be okay? Here is a link to the rules page just incase you are not able to find it.

https://www.tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
inzane

Post by inzane » #188114

icecreamcohn wrote:I have a legit question. Well two.

1. If you are new to the game why did you pick a head of staff and B. Why would you think killing someone for talking shit would be okay? Here is a link to the rules page just incase you are not able to find it.

https://www.tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
A. I didnt know what I was doing.
B. People have done it to me before so I thought it was ok.

And thank you for the rule page.
Lilah
Byond Username: LilahNovi

Post by Lilah » #188882

I'm sorry nobody has responded to your thread.
Generally, you'll get permabanned if you don't stick around for questioning. I play CMO often and find it can be really frustrating when people are treating you like garbagio in game.
Obviously, as a new player, you should really take the time to get to understand the rules and understand the roles before taking to a head position. It seems you figured this out, however, and I think the ban should be reduced. Also remember that you really can't kill people unless you're an antagonist.
I can't unban you, but I'll see if somebody responds.
:heart: Image :heart:
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #188883

Space station 13 can be a very confusing and overwhelming game for new players, and it isn't uncommon for someone to do something because someone else was doing it-however, just like in real life, that is sometimes a bad thing to do.

In your apology, you don't really seem too sorry as you restate your reasoning as to why you killed him. While it is understandable to want to be angry at someone for being rude to you, each player is still a player, treat others how you yourself would want to be treated and you will likely not run into as many problems. It is very, very important to read the rules of something before jumping in as it could lead to a variety of issues.

I'll see about having the banning admin look into this when they are available, but please consult the rule page in the time being.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #188922

permabans are just to drag people here to make an explanation

it's been long enough so I'll lift it, don't screw up again.

One more thing, I usually don't check ban appeals unless it's got my name in the thread title like how every other appeal is formatted. If you get banned again and appeal, make sure to put the name of the admin who banned you in the thread title otherwise you're going to wait for longer than you should.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
inzane

Post by inzane » #188939

imblyings wrote:permabans are just to drag people here to make an explanation

it's been long enough so I'll lift it, don't screw up again.

One more thing, I usually don't check ban appeals unless it's got my name in the thread title like how every other appeal is formatted. If you get banned again and appeal, make sure to put the name of the admin who banned you in the thread title otherwise you're going to wait for longer than you should.
Oh sorry, thank you for lifting the ban.