[atlantaned]julsruls-bomber mistake

Appeals which have been closed.
julsruls

[atlantaned]julsruls-bomber mistake

Post by julsruls » #200907

Byond account and character name:julsruls, random and can't remember
Banning admin:atlantaned
Ban type:server
Ban reason and length:"some fuck face sec guard thought i was the bomber and decided to try and kill me, so i did what a fucking bomber would do and suidiced with a bomb next to him" 1440 minutes
Time ban was placed:2016-08-04 23:59:15
Your side of the story:At the beginning of the round there was a bomber going around killing people with bombs all round while i had been sitting in the toxins lab creating bombs and shoving them into the testing site as i was trying to figure out what makes a bigger bomb and had only left the lab once to go get more signalers only to be attacked because they thought i was said bomber. I take this information back to my lab and just make bombs with timers instead, keeping to myself for the whole round until the very end(10-20 seconds until the shuttle leaves sort of end) a sec guard in a hard suit starts shooting a disabler into my lab. As i know that everyone is evacuated and i know that if he takes me down i will undoubtedly die because of all the people he had thought i had killed, i ran up to the window in toxins lab with a bomb and opened the valve destroying the central part of science. I then get an ahelp asking what the situation is in science, i then reply what i was presumably banned for "some fuck face sec guard thought i was the bomber and decided to try and kill me, so i did what a fucking bomber would do and suicided with a bomb next to him" and was instantly banned with no further questions
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was going to get killed near the very very end of the round in a remote place that wouldn't affect anyone if destroyed and decide to kill my attacker and myself with a bomb and was subsequently banned for this.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [atlantaned]julsruls-bomber mistake

Post by Shaps-cloud » #200908

what the hell no you can't bomb a security officer who was doing nonlethal takedown on you to take you in for questioning, that sounds like a perfectly reasonable ban
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
julsruls

Post by julsruls » #200910

I don't think you understand security, in ghost he said he thought i was the bomber and he wasn't using a taser either. after being lasered to death twice before just because people thought i was making bombs it doesn't seem too sane to just turn myself in to someone who is using a egun.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #200913

There's literally no point in going out of your way to turn that into a certainty and take out the random security guard as well. The ban stays.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #200916

Disabler is basically a weaker version of a taser.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
julsruls

Post by julsruls » #200917

Not when all of sec is outfitted in that gear and they actively go out of their way 20 seconds until the shuttle leaves to hunt you down. It's pretty obvious that i was going to die if he thought i was the guy that dropped 3-4 bombs all around the station.
julsruls

Post by julsruls » #200918

sorry should of clarified, he had an egun set to the disable setting
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #200923

Don't care, don't bomb sec when they're not gunning at you with lasers
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #200925

None of what you're saying is making this better
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
julsruls

Post by julsruls » #200927

so what would you have me done? let him arrest me and just have him laser me to death and get off scott free because he thought i was someone else? try to tell him that i'm not the bomber and still die because he wont believe me and sec kills me on the shuttle? there really is no winning in this situation if i do anything else.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #200928

How do you know 100% he was going to laser you to death? If he was trying to kill you why wouldn't he just laser you to death before you could activate a bomb while you were laying on the ground?
julsruls

Post by julsruls » #200930

because it takes less disable beams to take someone down who's in a hardsuit than trying to laser them to death. then you can just cuff them, take the bomb and kill them. he even said in dead chat he was trying to take me down before i triggered the bomb. he thought i was the bomber that blew up medbay, cargo, and a ton of other places, its pretty easy to see what he is going to do 10 seconds before the shuttle leaves.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #200933

Well look at that he was right you were going to blow yourself up, don't do that in the future.
julsruls

Post by julsruls » #200937

Thanks for the words of wisdom Shaps, won't do that in the future. just thought that people would see where i was coming from. oh well.