[Subtlegraces] banned for spacing as chaplain

Appeals which have been closed.
lost.exe

[Subtlegraces] banned for spacing as chaplain

Post by lost.exe » #20233

Byond account and character name: lost.exe, Zach Hill

Banning admin: subtlegraces

Ban reason and length: "Told not to space clonable bodies, proceeded to space another. at least three people lost due to it." 4320 minutes

Time ban was placed (including time zone): July 18 10:35 pm CST

Your side of the story: I was sort of new as a chaplain and sort of new to this game I understand that spacing clonable bodies is not ok and It wont happen again. I did not see the admins message in chat due to a lot of chat talk and because I was being attacked at the time the message was sent to me. I only noticed that I was told not to space the bodies after I was banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I made a mistake and I didnt see the admins message before hand. I would like to be unbanned so I can play again today.
EmptyK01

Re: [Subtlegraces] banned for spacing as chaplain

Post by EmptyK01 » #20329

I was a scientist on that round and in dead chat people weren't that happy that you spaced their bodies. As well, there is a sound for an admin-pm, which makes me doubt that you didn't see it.
OOC: EnterDOT: I want the US to have a president that for once isn't like Hitler
OOC: EnterDOT: I mean Hillary Clinton

Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #20330

Just to clarify here the problem isn't necessarily that you were spacing bodies, it's that you were stopping people pulling corpses toward medbay in order to steal and space them. I'd never fault a Chaplain for trying to do their job but it seemed to me that you were just looking for an excuse to use that fancy driver, even on people who could obviously be cloned. That's where we start running into issues.

I'm going to check your story against the database. If it all sorts out this ban will likely be removed.

EDIT: So right off I see that your last ban was the same story, you never responded to adminhelps. Going to stand by this ban to make a point about ignoring PMs.
lost.exe

Post by lost.exe » #20352

I cant hear so thats why I didnt hear a noise about a PM. I did not see the PM because I was trying to do my job while dodge a carp. Also with the other ban it was the same thing I was busy in game and didnt even know I was doing something wrong. I am pretty new to the chaplain role and I thought I was to gather all bodies and dispose of them. I was not even aware you guys did cloning on dead bodies. Sorry for all the trouble.