Appeals which have been closed.
Deagol
Byond Username: Destrou2

[tsaricide] destrou2 - Griefing / Misunderstanding

Post by Deagol » #204990

Byond account and character name: destrou2 - Deagol Adaroz

Banning admin: Tsaricide

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Sybil ban for metagaming

Ban reason and length: Using outside communication to talk about IC (ban message http://puu.sh/hCX0B/7654ed0f35.png). Permanent

Time ban was placed (including time zone): May 5th, Roughly 6:25 UTC -7 (Mountain Standard Time)

Your side of the story:

A little over a year ago I had a spat with a couple of people I knew when one of them killed me while I was antag for a reason that was not tied to my antag role. I tried to dissuade them by letting know that I was one of the traitors (instead of the changeling they thought I was) but they did so anyways. I then took this up with the admins, which resulted in both of us being permanently banned.

My previous unban thread: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 054#p86054

Why you think you should be unbanned:

It's been over a year and I've sinced learned my lesson. The issue was isolated (meaning only the involed parties were 'harmed') and I feel as if, although long past the ban, that a perm was a bit overkill. Still, it is well driven into me now to avoid metagame at all costs, to discuss issues like this exclusively with admins in the game, and to avoid solving issues like this by myself.

Tsaricide himself also said I could reapply in a few months, and being over a year now I feel now is as good a time as any to try and rejoin the ranks of TG station. I've always enjoyed playing on here, and it upsets me that that was ruined due to one incident.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Re: [tsaricide] destrou2 - Griefing / Misunderstanding

Post by Krusvik » #205003

I too feel like it's been long enough for you to learn the severity which meta-communication can impact a game. Ban lifted, welcome back.
Deagol
Byond Username: Destrou2

Re: [tsaricide] destrou2 - Griefing / Misunderstanding

Post by Deagol » #205036

Thank you, I'll let someone know to lock the thread (unless you want to do it yourself).