[subtlegraces] Sena Hashawari- Permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
Satchmeat

[subtlegraces] Sena Hashawari- Permaban

Post by Satchmeat » #22099

Byond account and character name: Satchmeat, Sena Hashawari

Banning Admin: subtlegraces

Banning reason and length: Continued metacommunication after the appeal, Permanent

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-07-30 01:41:59 Central (UTC -06:00)

Your side of the story: I was playing as a geneticist with my friend Weebam Na as a Medical Doctor and Lug Nut as Chief Engineer. Lug Nut was not at all involved with me or Weebam in terms of the metacommunication, he was just there we we were banned. Weebam is a friend of mine that i was teaching certain things about the game and i took him into Genetics to scan 'em and put him in the records for a cloning in case the time arose he needed a cloning and i couldn't find him or he had been gibbed. Other than the scan i asked him if he would be willing to let me use the DNA Scanner machines to take his SE and use it on monkeys for later research before he could go out. After i had gotten what i needed i answered some questions about how to be a doctor and he would have been on his way to be a doctor in Space Station 13, when he was banned for a reason that if at all should have fallen on my shoulders as he was never once banned from the server before as he explained that it said he was continuing to metacommunicate.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Re: [subtlegraces] Sena Hashawari- Permaban

Post by Subtle » #22102

All things you could have at least made an effort to communicate IC.

Again I apologize for the false implication of his ban description. That's referring to the ban you and Lug received previously.

No matter how harmless it's distressing to see metacommunicating almost immediately after it was removed on good faith. Not one of the three of you responded to ahelps during that round, and the two of you exchanged no words; I assumed the worst. It's a rather bad way to start off your friend's first time on our server. I'd like to remove his ban, and it's true there's leeway for new players, but you both shouldn't have been talking to him outside the game in the first place.