[owegno] folly01 - "Shit AI"

Appeals which have been closed.
folly01

[owegno] folly01 - "Shit AI"

Post by folly01 » #228913

Hey,

Not sure what this is about. I've been playing for several weeks now and all of a sudden I've got this ban on my account. Pretty sure my friend had popped on and clicked around like an idiot. Never had a single incident prior to this, and no other problems. Easily won't be an issue in the future.

I'd appreciate being allowed back into the server,

Thanks
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: [owegno] folly01 - "Shit AI"

Post by Owegno » #228915

The full ban reason: Permanently banned - Shit AI. Shocked doors in the brig and siphoned areas the HoS was in while Asimov. When PMed refused to respond before logging out. Appeal if you want I guess, but nothing of value was lost honestly.

Now, do you mind telling me how your friend got access to your account and his relation to you in regards SS13.
folly01

Post by folly01 » #228920

You understand that prior to a game starting, and me, having clicked 'READY', allows the game to auto-start into whatever job I get.

You ever had roommates in college? Someone that can just sit down and click around. Pretty sure the incident did not cover a 45 minute game as I was afk for only a few before I see my game already shut down, and just tonight did I realize I got a ban for something.

Never had a problem before, nor will again.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Post by Owegno » #228922

So your roommate who has not played SS13 before hopped onto your computer and started clicking around?
folly01

Post by folly01 » #228924

Uh yeah. It's not difficult to click on a door and see the option for "ELECTRIFY INDEFINITELY," or whatever.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Post by Owegno » #228926

No, but its strange that someone who has never played before would be able to instantly figure out AI, completely with door electrification, siphoning, jumping to people, ect.

And of course the icing on the cake was that the person being targeted was not a completely 100% loved player who I have seen people complain about bitterly in deadchat.
folly01

Post by folly01 » #228928

It's not a hard system to figure out...you click on stuff and it auto-targets or gives you options to do things like siphon air...it's not super complicated.

And I have zero idea who the hell was targeted, nor do I care. I've only barely started to recognize names of people since playing.

Listen man, I'm taking the extra step to appeal on this forum. I care, and I like this game. I'm humbly asking for a chance to keep playing, and please auto ban me for anything in the future, but I feel I should be warranted a second chance seeing as how I do not believe the account continues to deserve the ban (You did the right thing, and banned that behavior - I don't blame you for that) and yea if it happens again please ban again.

Hope to see you in game.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Post by Owegno » #228930

Alright, If you could PM me a picture of you and your roommate (Feel free to blur your faces if you want) with shoes on your heads holding a sign made of whatever that says Folly01 I will unban you.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #228932

Jesus christ why even humor "my dog ate my homework" tier excuses like this?

Most people can't even make it off the arrivals shuttle without beating themself to death and you expect us to believe your roommate bolted in and siphoned a specific person as an AI?
Last edited by Saegrimr on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
folly01

Post by folly01 » #228943

Hey that's fine. You guys make the call. I feel you're overestimating the complexity of ss13 if you don't think someone can figure out how to click on things within a minute, but hey whatever.

It's your decision, and I'll leave it go. I wish I could keep playing but it's not in the cards I suppose. Hope the game continues to grow and attract good players. Also, to Wyzack, not sure how I'm acting "like a cunt," you've apparently not been around the internet long if you think my behavior is that bad.

Either way, thanks for a cool server. Hope to play on it again someday.
folly01

Post by folly01 » #228955

nevermind im already playing with proxy

thx anyway
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #228958

Congrats on excluding yourself from any future appeals.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #228959

folly01 wrote:nevermind im already playing with proxy

thx anyway
<3
folly01

Post by folly01 » #228960

Saegrimr wrote:Congrats on excluding yourself from any future appeals.
excluding myself from 'future appeals,' from the team that demanded a picture of a shoe on my head to legitimize an appeal on my PERMANENT ban....

Uh huh..
folly01

Post by folly01 » #228963

Not sure what the bigger issue here is: the complete permanent ban of an account that is several weeks old for a 'probably' 5 minute incident at the beginning of round; or the power tripping admin that demands a picture of a shoe to sanction a ban repeal.

Either way, doesn't look like I'm the problem here, maybe the admin.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #228964

Probably it's your shit-tier excuse for being a retard when it all could have been solved much faster and with less trouble if you weren't an idiot, going out and admitting to evading just removed any chance of you coming back however.