Appeals which have been closed.
AdamAlake
Byond Username: Humen12

[saegrimr] humen12 - didnt even wait for my response

Post by AdamAlake » #234801

humen 12 - Adam Alake
saegrimr
Banned from both servers.
Banned for exploding a part of escape shuttle. Banned for a week.
19:00 central european time, 12.12.2016
Was the RD, syndicate was wrecking the station, emergency shuttle arrived so I prepared a timer on my last resort bomb incase there were operatives there and I got incapacitated. Entered shuttle, someone spaced me, I passed out and couldnt deactivate the bomb. Admin sent me a PM, I was typing up a response, server closed connection because he didnt even wait for me to respond before banning me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Unfair as fuck.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saegrimr] humen12 - didnt even wait for my response

Post by Saegrimr » #234947

You killed about a dozen people on the shuttle, maybe more before it even took off because you set a timer on a TTV before walking into the escape shuttle.

Consider a signaler in the future, or just not bringing bombs into areas full of people.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #234953

Saegrimr wrote:You killed about a dozen people on the shuttle, maybe more before it even took off because you set a timer on a TTV before walking into the escape shuttle.

Consider a signaler in the future, or just not bringing bombs into areas full of people.
If they did not throw me into space it would not have happened. And it was a minute before round end. And you have not addressed the fact you did not even let me respond to your PM, despite funnily including "did not respond to my PM" in the ban reason.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #234954

When I tried to contact you a second time before the round ended it told me you were disconnected, so I figured you left after the first PM and just applied probably less time than I should have given but still.

This was as the shuttle was docked with the station, I watched you start the timer in science maint before running onto the shuttle. It was about 5 minutes before round end, and we have a hard line about this. "It was just a minute before the round end don't worry about it" turns into "It was just two minutes" then three, then five, then ten. No wiggle room here, especially when you willingly prime a timebomb as you dive into the shuttle.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #234960

Saegrimr wrote:When I tried to contact you a second time before the round ended it told me you were disconnected, so I figured you left after the first PM and just applied probably less time than I should have given but still.

This was as the shuttle was docked with the station, I watched you start the timer in science maint before running onto the shuttle. It was about 5 minutes before round end, and we have a hard line about this. "It was just a minute before the round end don't worry about it" turns into "It was just two minutes" then three, then five, then ten. No wiggle room here, especially when you willingly prime a timebomb as you dive into the shuttle.
Yeah, as I said incase of me getting incapacitated. Which happened. Which your signaler "solution" would be useless for.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #234965

AdamAlake wrote:Yeah, as I said incase of me getting incapacitated. Which happened. Which your signaler "solution" would be useless for.
At least that solution wouldn't end up with a week ban. Your call though.
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #234966

Are you conveniently ignoring the fact that I got spaced without a suit, effectively getting murdered?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #234968

AdamAlake wrote:Are you conveniently ignoring the fact that I got spaced without a suit, effectively getting murdered?
Are you conveniently ignoring the fact you killed pretty much everybody on the shuttle?
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #234969

No, buddy. I fully acknowledge that. But nobody would have died if I did not, indeed, get murdered. You kill and you get killed, it is that simple. All those that died must have been the syndicate if they have a reason to throw the RD out of the shuttle.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #234972

AdamAlake wrote:No, buddy. I fully acknowledge that. But nobody would have died if I did not, indeed, get murdered. You kill and you get killed, it is that simple. All those that died must have been the syndicate if they have a reason to throw the RD out of the shuttle.
You're responsible for your bombs, and you were pretty irresponsible with them. This is what happens.
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #234973

It would be nice if any other admin chimed in, the other staff is very reasonable from what I have seen.
Digdugxx
Byond Username: Digdugxx

Post by Digdugxx » #234982

Dude think of it this way, imagine you were one of the many people you murdered.

You'd want the non-antag that just killed everyone banned for a long time wouldn't you? Especially since it was completely preventable since you could have disarmed it once you realised there was no syndicates on the shuttle and just tonnes of crew.
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #234988

I would have disarmed it if I was not passed out in space, the timer was for 2 minutes so I would have plenty of time to disarm it. If I were one of the dead crew, there would be no "antag" because when I see someone thrown into space, I save them, not do stupid shit onboard the shuttle.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #234990

Even if the person who threw you out WAS an antag, blasting the entire rest of the crew would still net you a timeout.
See also: suicide bombing the wizard or nuke ops. If you set off some sort of WMD, be it bombs, hellfoam, or anything else, and it doesn't immediately end the round with a crew victory, you're on the hook.

(and seriously, they're busy getting themselves on the shuttle and trying to not get killed or tossed out in the process, so everyone on board deserves to die for not sacrificing themselves to save you?)
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #234991

Screemonster wrote:Even if the person who threw you out WAS an antag, blasting the entire rest of the crew would still net you a timeout.
See also: suicide bombing the wizard or nuke ops. If you set off some sort of WMD, be it bombs, hellfoam, or anything else, and it doesn't immediately end the round with a crew victory, you're on the hook.

(and seriously, they're busy getting themselves on the shuttle and trying to not get killed or tossed out in the process, so everyone on board deserves to die for not sacrificing themselves to save you?)
Moving three tiles into space to save one of the highest ranks on the station is a sacrifice? Well, if you die as a consequence of being apathetic to the survival of the staff, that is just karma.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #234994

AdamAlake wrote:It would be nice if any other admin chimed in, the other staff is very reasonable from what I have seen.
For as long as I can remember the standard policy for self defense bombs (Which is a terrible idea) is that if you hit innocents or cause damage that is hard to repair then you get banned, and I find it very unlikely the whole shuttle attacked you. Saeg is 100% right here and I am surprised the ban is not longer.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #234995

AdamAlake wrote:Moving three tiles into space to save one of the highest ranks on the station is a sacrifice? Well, if you die as a consequence of being apathetic to the survival of the staff, that is just karma.
Nobody is obligated to save you, or anyone.
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #234997

Saegrimr wrote:
AdamAlake wrote:Moving three tiles into space to save one of the highest ranks on the station is a sacrifice? Well, if you die as a consequence of being apathetic to the survival of the staff, that is just karma.
The crew of a research station is not obliged to take the minimal steps required for the head of research to survive? You are one funny guy, I tell you what.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Post by Owegno » #234999

AdamAlake wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
The crew of a research station is not obliged to take the minimal steps required for the head of research to survive? You are one funny guy, I tell you what.
I think your a funny guy. Do you seriously see no issue with killing a shuttle full of people who's apparent crime was not jumping into a dangerous area to save someone nobody gives a shit about during the most hectic part of the round? If so then this ban should really be a perma jobban from all roles with access to toxins.
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #235001

Owegno wrote:
AdamAlake wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
I think your a funny guy. Do you seriously see no issue with killing a shuttle full of people who's apparent crime was not jumping into a dangerous area to save someone nobody gives a shit about during the most hectic part of the round? If so then this ban should really be a perma jobban from all roles with access to toxins.
First of all, it is you are, not your. Second of all, from the IC perspective, which should be the most important thing in a roleplaying game, the RD died knowing his death prevented clearly hostile operatives from fulfilling their objectives and taking hold of crucial research. Perfectly valid.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #235003

AdamAlake wrote:the RD died knowing his death prevented clearly hostile operatives from fulfilling their objectives
No that was mostly Sec, the AI, and a couple greyshirts who killed all 5 operatives included the syndieborg before the shuttle was even called.

Complete with centcom global announcement about taking care of the threat.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Post by Owegno » #235005

AdamAlake wrote:
Owegno wrote:
AdamAlake wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
First of all, it is you are, not your. Second of all, from the IC perspective, which should be the most important thing in a roleplaying game, the RD died knowing his death prevented clearly hostile operatives from fulfilling their objectives and taking hold of crucial research. Perfectly valid.
no. Not even going to bother arguing about how that's awful RP; because while I may be one of the people who have pushed for a more medium RP direction, players having fun (And the rules which should be modeled to prevent unfun things) will always trump any RP and its simply not fun to die randomly on the shuttle because someone got killed and had decided to place a timed bomb on the shuttle which blew up.

tl;dr Fun should always comes first. Screw your shitty RP.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #235007

AdamAlake wrote:It would be nice if any other admin chimed in, the other staff is very reasonable from what I have seen.
Another other admin chiming in as requested. You play around with deadman switch bombs you're entire responsible for what happens if they go off. Don't play with fire if you can't handle getting burned. Ban was 100% deserved imo.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #235008

Owegno wrote:
AdamAlake wrote:
Owegno wrote:
AdamAlake wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
no. Not even going to bother arguing about how that's awful RP; because while I may be one of the people who have pushed for a more medium RP direction, players having fun (And the rules which should be modeled to prevent unfun things) will always trump any RP and its simply not fun to die randomly on the shuttle because someone got killed and had decided to place a timed bomb on the shuttle which blew up.

tl;dr Fun should always comes first. Screw your shitty RP.
Umm, no, try again sweetie. You do not get to decide what is good RP and what is not. Lol.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #235009

AdamAlake wrote:Umm, no, try again sweetie. You do not get to decide what is good RP and what is not. Lol.
No but we do get to decide what is and isn't bannable. And i'll be moving this up to perma since you don't seem to understand why blowing up the escape shuttle full of people is wrong.
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #235011

Thunder11 wrote:
Another other admin chiming in as requested. You play around with deadman switch bombs you're entire responsible for what happens if they go off. Don't play with fire if you can't handle getting burned. Ban was 100% deserved imo.
That is hilarious, since what you just said applies to the bomb victims. You let people die for no reason, you blow up. Good old justice.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #235013

It's YOUR bomb. It's YOUR resonsibility if it goes off.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #235017

This is pretty much you carrying bombs around looking for an excuse to detonate them. It's on par with nonantags having voice activation and using it when they get arrested or using a deadman's switch on their bombs.

You are responsible for what happens to your bombs which ended up killings innocents not involved beyond wanting to leave on the shuttle. You setting a timer on live bombs is bad enough; but claiming nothing would have happened if you weren't incapacitated is a poor excuse. In fact, it shows just what happens when you do that and why you shouldn't do that. It also leaves me to question why the bombs were still on the shuttle if you got spaced which seems to show you tossed them. That or you were carrying them out in the open expecting nobody to not react to someone carrying a bomb on the shuttle of all places which may have been why I'd suspect you ended up out an airlock. Yet, the logs don't show any active grabbing or throws so it seems to been you were bumped out. Edit: Appears you were just outside the shuttle in space which most people manage to get back in generally. Even then, nobody is obligated to jump to save you by rules for ending out in space which I'm willing to bet reactive tele armor was involved.

I'll throw this in as well; as Research Director your job isn't meant to police the station and fight antagonist. That is security's job and they don't go about blowing up everyone with them to potentially stop traitors. Even when antagonist have run of the station; we don't really let people just bomb their way unless there is seemingly no other choice such as a cult that pretty much is out of control about to summon narsie.

This is denied.
Freedom
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #235018

Thunder11 wrote:It's YOUR bomb. It's YOUR resonsibility if it goes off.
Hoho! It is YOUR life. It is your own stupidity if leaving people to die got you killed!
AdamAlake

Post by AdamAlake » #235019

TehPear wrote:This is pretty much you carrying bombs around looking for an excuse to detonate them. It's on par with nonantags having voice activation and using it when they get arrested or using a deadman's switch on their bombs.

You are responsible for what happens to your bombs which ended up killings innocents not involved beyond wanting to leave on the shuttle. You setting a timer on live bombs is bad enough; but claiming nothing would have happened if you weren't incapacitated is a poor excuse. In fact, it shows just what happens when you do that and why you shouldn't do that. It also leaves me to question why the bombs were still on the shuttle if you got spaced which seems to show you either tossed them or were carrying them out in the open expecting nobody to not react to someone carrying a bomb on the shuttle of all places. Also, as far as you getting got spaced; it happens. Someone likely bumped you or blocked you near an airlock open as I see nothing in the logs reflecting being grabbed and thrown by someone.

I'll throw this in as well; as Research Director your job isn't meant to police the station and fight antagonist. That is security's job and they don't go about blowing up everyone with them to potentially stop traitors. Even when antagonist have run of the station; we don't really let people just bomb their way unless there is seemingly no other choice such as a cult that pretty much is out of control about to summon narsie.

This is denied.
If you do not even attempt to save a fellow human being, you are hardly innocent. Good riddance!
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #235023

TehPear wrote:It also leaves me to question why the bombs were still on the shuttle if you got spaced which seems to show you either tossed them.
He was sitting roughly outside of where the brig airlock is on the shuttle, the blast was large enough to kill all but about three people, one of them being in a mech so he survived just fine. The other two died shortly after probably from something unrelated to the blast.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #235024

Adam please just stop now, I know this breaks the anon amendment but you just need to stop and have a look at what you are doing.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #235025

This has also been moved to a permanent ban as they fail to take any responsibility for being in the wrong. They may appeal it in the future when they accept responsibility for their actions.
Freedom