Appeals which have been closed.
Swagbringer
Byond Username: Swagbringer

[saegrimr] swagbringer- Security Job ban

Post by Swagbringer » #237857

Byond account and character name: Swagbringer and Yasmin Madani

Banning admin: Saegrimr

Ban type (What are you banned from?): All security roles

Ban reason and length: "Arresting people for being in the dorm showers is not okay." One week long ban

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-12-22 20:26:01 GMT

Your side of the story: I was patrolling as a security officer when I arrived in dorms to see a doctor washing away blood from himself in the shower. Since the station was currently on red alert I deemed this suitable reason to initiate a random search so I tazed and cuffed him. I then brought him to the brig to be searched where I discovered two energy swords. The medical doctor then commited suicide and I was contacted at the round end and shortly after banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe I acted in completely good faith. I had ample reason to suspect the doctor of being an antagonist and took the necessary cautions to ensure I wasnt blindsided and killed. Red Alerts encourage random searches.

If my behaviour is in any way wrong for the alert level then I apoligise, but from what I understand I dont believe I acted too crazy. Thank you.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saegrimr] swagbringer- Security Job ban

Post by Saegrimr » #237858

When I asked you, you said he was in the showers washing and you were "curious."
Now he was washing away blood.
If you don't give me the full details here, it looks like you were just arresting anybody for anything.

[20:24:22]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr/(Calvin Camp)->Swagbringer/(Yasmin Madani): Got a sec? I wanna ask why you arrested James Waddler earlier
[20:24:56]ADMIN: PM: Swagbringer/(Yasmin Madani)->Saegrimr/(Calvin Camp): The doctor? I found him in th showers washing himself and was curious, so i brought him in for a search
[20:25:21]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr/(Calvin Camp)->Swagbringer/(Yasmin Madani): You arrested someone for being in the showers? Seriously?
[20:25:32]ADMIN: PM: Swagbringer/(Yasmin Madani)->Saegrimr/(Calvin Camp): It was a red alert
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #237859

I am sorry, looking back it was stupid to leave it out. I was trying to write you a quick reply and did not do a good job of explaining my actions very well.

Going forward in the future I just have one question, during a red alert, am I allowed to make random searches on all non security personnel? Or do I need to catch a person in the act, regardless of the security level?

Thank you for the quick reply.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #237863

Swagbringer wrote:IGoing forward in the future I just have one question, during a red alert, am I allowed to make random searches on all non security personnel? Or do I need to catch a person in the act, regardless of the security level?
Generally needs to be something really blatantly suspicious, just being in the very public area dorms isn't wrong in the slightest.

As far as red alert goes, that's now up for debate internally (and externally!) but everybody is in agreement this should be lifted. We're trying to crack down on a lot of shit sec players pull and I was a bit hasty in this one.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #237866

OK thank you very much for the clarification and I will operate that way from now on.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #237879

Okey-dokey! Looks like everythings all wrapped up here so I'm gunna go ahead and lock this, remember to have fun and follow the rules! Cheers! : )
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?