[duncdar] Hoss5555 - It was a terrible mistake.

Appeals which have been closed.
hoss5555

Post by hoss5555 » #238691

Title/Subject:

Post Content:
BYOND account: Hoss5555

Character Name: Juan Padilla

Ban Type: Permanent Ban

Ban Reason: "Banned by host: Reason: You, or another user of this computer or connection (hoss5555) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: (MANUAL BAN) Ended up planting Kudzu at 03:51:43 as a non-antagonist that quickly swarmed most of the station (with the ongoing kudzu issues) and resulted in a good bit of chaos by 04:05:25. Left several minutes after and was unfortunately unavailable to be questioned about it.

Length: Permanent

Time Ban was Placed: 2016-12-26 04:59:38

Your Side of the Story: I'm still fairly new to this game, but that shouldn't be my main excuse. I had no idea that Kudzu was banned from use currently and I didn't know that it would turn into space vines. That being said it should be known that there was a space vines outbreak earlier and I as well as a few others successfully quelled it. Once the outbreak was quelled, the vines dropped a packet of Kudzu seeds, I had never seen the seeds before so I just clicked and to my dismay it spawned more space vines. I had a welding tool to clear them out but it was out of gas. I brought a fuel tank with me to try to clear the vines away, but an antagonist shot the fuel tank causing an explosion. While collapsed on the ground I was then stabbed to death. After dying I stayed for a little while longer, and presumed the round was all but over, so I just disconnected for the night.

Why You Think You Should be Unbanned: I really do care about this game, and I'm sorry I didn't read the notice that said Kudzu was banned. I have never played botany before so I didn't even know what it was. I have some friends I play this game with (we don't meta game don't worry), and I really enjoy the experience with them. I think this community is awesome and I'm very sorry for messing up and causing mass chaos, it was not my intention. I'm also very sorry for leaving before the admins could question me, I was very tired after waking up early on Christmas morning. Again I couldn't be more sorry for what I did. It was a huge mistake, and If I'm unbanned it will never happen again.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Re: [duncdar] Hoss5555 - It was a terrible mistake.

Post by Krusvik » #238698

Since I'm around I'll go ahead and resolve this.

Kudzu is pretty much a no-no right now if you're not an antagonist, as it's very disruptive. It's standard procedure to place a permanent ban when someone is unavailable for questioning, otherwise this may have simply resulted in a warning. Nevertheless, give me the names of the friends you play with for logging purposes and I'll proceed to lift this ban.

Cheers, and happy holidays.
hoss5555

Post by hoss5555 » #238703

Zortn, and Kathmandoom are their names, thank you so much for understanding
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #238711

Lifted, enjoy.