[Subtlegraces] Pathofchaos1 Perma-ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
PathOfChaos1
Byond Username: Pathofchaos1

[Subtlegraces] Pathofchaos1 Perma-ban appeal

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #23915

So I got on with a friend today for like the first time in ages, and we commit ourselves to shaving innocent bystanders of their top hair as assistants.

Byond name/charcter name Pathofchaos1 Illik Baahls

Banning admin: Subtlegraces

Reason: Meta-communication, permanent.

Time: 1:41-50 pm Central Standard time

So if you have talked to me or seen how vividly I scolded Dante Smith/ whoever he meta gamed with. I am against meta it ruins the game, and I have had rounds ruined because of it.
Spoiler:
With at least this Illik Baahls says, "SHAVE HIM"
Rehatzu Vi Menio hugs Barnes Bailey to make him feel better!
Illik Baahls has disarmed Barnes Bailey!
Barnes Bailey has punched Rehatzu Vi Menio!
Barnes Bailey attempted to disarm Rehatzu Vi Menio!
Barnes Bailey has pushed Rehatzu Vi Menio!
Barnes Bailey attemped to disarm Illik Baahls!
Barnes Bailey has pushed Illik Baahls!
Barnes Bailey has disarmed Illik Baahls!
Illik Baahls has pushed Barnes Bailey!
Illik Baahls says, "SHAVE"
Rehatzu Vi Menio tries to shave Barnes Bailey's head with the electric razor!
I was talking in character.. we were only attempting to have a little fun on spess mans with forced shaving of people. I know for a fact people have friends come on the server. if you look back at how many times ive played with this guy in possibly a year you will see the count be somewhere at 4-6. We werent stealing or heavily griefing people once they got shaved we ditched out of there... I promise you on the track record, my old trial-adminship. That Meta-gaming is something I am very against. If anything unban me, and keep him banned... He rarely plays ss13 to even care about it at all.

Reason to be unbanned. I try to follow the rules the best I can. I've played on this server since it was utero. I was once a Trial-admin. I try to teach new people jobs if they ask how to. I am robust. I really like the server, and was just trying to bring more people on. I have done my best to be respectful to all but two admins (which got banned for the very same reason I am banned.)

So please find it in your heart to have this banned lifted. (P.s I don't know how to get all of the logs any more as a normal player.)
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Re: [Subtlegraces] Pathofchaos1 Perma-ban appeal

Post by Subtle » #23918

The ban isn't for shaving people or harassing them, it's for metacommunication.

Are you saying that wasn't the case?
PathOfChaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #23920

I'm saying that it wasn't about the match. He is a friend, and I invited him to play a game. If anything just keep him banned because I really like this server he perfers playing on Bay station. I'm just appalled that I've been perma-banned on my favorite server set for inviting, and playing a game with a person after ages of openly being against meta-gaming/ actual meta communication about in round type stuff. All over him knowing my net crashed.

*EDIT* I also didn't even get a boop.... I would of told you flat out then that we weren't talking about round type things that we were friends that play other games.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #23926

People playing together with outside communication follow a really obvious pattern of puppy-dogging eachother around.

If you're going to do it to help a new player that's fine. Doing it while you both harass other players puts up a thousand red flags for us, regardless of how vocally you're against the practice or the people who do it. It's against the rules either way. If he plays on Baystation you certainly didn't need VoiP to coordinate anything for the sake of teaching.

I'll lift the ban but come on man. It's not the hardest thing to avoid.
PathOfChaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #23942

Thanks for seeing it from my point of view, and understanding my situation. I wont make the same mistake again.