[saegrimr]Carnage752 - Assistant Job Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Carnage752

[saegrimr]Carnage752 - Assistant Job Ban

Post by Carnage752 » #23989

Byond account and character name: Carnage752 (Lanny Brinigh)
Banning admin: Saegrimr
Ban reason and length: "Constant warnings and bans from various people for greytiding and senseless escalation of violence, I think its time to play a role with some amount of responsibility."
Length never specified
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 8/9/14

Your side of the story: I have been warned on multiple occasions for grey-tiding. The incident that earned me this jobban was when a security officer arrested me after an Engineer started attacking me and I fought back. When he arrested me, he confiscated and took for himself my insulated gloves and toolbelt, which, coupled with the constant insults of my being a "grey shit", angered me, due to the fact they weren't involved in the crime, yet he decided he should take them anyways. The round was declared a blob round shortly thereafter. When I was released, I saw him again, still wearing my belongings, so I stunned him, cuffed him, and stripped him in maintenance to get back my gloves and toolbelt, plus a few extra items from him since he was a general fucker. Following this incident, I was jobbanned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a bad situation, no denying that. However, he stole items from me. Being a security guard doesn't mean he has the precedent to steal items he is no legal jurisdiction over and be considered in the right for it. He decided he wanted to be a common thief and steal gloves and a toolbelt from someone, which means he shouldn't have any sort of admin protection against "greytiding," as he just showed he is clearly not above it himself. Being a security guard shouldn't mean you have the power to be shit to someone without fear they can't be shit back due to fear of admin reprisal. As for a senseless escalation of violence, no harm was being done to him, he was only having a few items taken from him as revenge for taking mine, and being left for bystanders to help free himself.

I have, however, been taking the time to play some other roles besides assistant. It did help remind me how much of a problem being a shit assistant can be to others, plus it was good to have some time with other, more responsible roles. Regardless of whether or not I was wrong in the incident above, I'd still like to have the option of being an assistant again.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Re: [saegrimr]Carnage752 - Assistant Job Ban

Post by Hibbles » #24006

I have a question; why was the Engineer attacking you?
RIP
Carnage752

Post by Carnage752 » #24010

We were both trying to get through the bar airlock, and he had a harmful intent so I couldn't pass him. He shoved me, then punched me afterwards, I got up, punched him back, and went into the bar. He pursued me into the bar, and started repeatedly punching me, so I fought back.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #24015

The assistant ban was a short consensus after your pretty impressive history of greytiding bans and warnings. I agree that running off with your tools was a dick move, but so was completely stripping, cuffing, and stuffing a security officer into a locker in maintenance during blob. This whole situation on both sides is plain unreasonable over a pair a gloves and a toolbelt.
Carnage752 wrote: I have, however, been taking the time to play some other roles besides assistant. It did help remind me how much of a problem being a shit assistant can be to others, plus it was good to have some time with other, more responsible roles. Regardless of whether or not I was wrong in the incident above, I'd still like to have the option of being an assistant again.
This is basically what I wanted, was for you to see it from another point of view. Ban's been lifted.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.