Ok you goofed me. [saegrimr] YBS - ban evasion

Post by YBS » #249048

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: YBS, Random Gen
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Ban evasion from perma antag an
Ban reason and length: Perma b/c memes
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Don't know
Your side of the story: I evaded and you caught me b/c too poor for VPN. Was a goodboy but was 2scrub so caught
Why you think you should be unbanned: High quality cool game times for great dudes like us. Took time to make this crap from scratch so there's dedication to gameplay in there somewhere.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Ok you goofed me. [saegrimr] YBS - ban evasion

Post by Saegrimr » #249085

Amusingly you being a salty nerd in deadchat threatening to metagrudge Luck by making a new account and fucking with him is what got me to check in the first place.

Take some time off on another server, we don't like any of that.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
YBS
Byond Username: YBS

Post by YBS » #249453

Going to assume that's a roundabout way of saying perma is perma.

I know I can be a salty assclown but it's a far cry from what I've seen here. My clockcult ban was a salt spazout I was too resigned to explain so I made the new account to try and start with clean hands. I did all that until one shitcurity sent me into chat-rage on a bad night. Am I really toxic enough to stay banned forever? I'm willing to take an hourly counter with an added hourly cultban if it meant I could have the game to unwind on. There really isn't any SS13 like /tg/. If there was I wouldn't show up to /tg/.

I won't insult the admin teams intelligence by making up some contrived story. I get dumb when I'm stressed. I know you guys put up with a tidal wave of shit on a regular basis. I want to play, without shitty tricks or waiting for an IP change/VPN. Is there any regular way we could resolve this?
Last edited by YBS on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
YBS

Post by YBS » #249524

Edited my resigned bitching. Passing the time with reading the old man ban threads. These are hilarious.
Last edited by YBS on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #249638

YBS wrote:I made the new account to try and start with clean hands.
Am I really toxic enough to stay banned forever?
Yes, don't evade bans. There isn't a single server out there that would think this is okay.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
YBS

Post by YBS » #249680

Well, that's it then. After a fun walk through your guys' 2016 ban appeal history I know you're naturally severe, so I knew my chances. If you guys ever confer and decide I'm not as bad as some of the people you've pardoned in your colorful player history, just update me. Thanks for the good times up until now. Also Thanks Oranges.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #249770

There's not a lot for me to say. Don't do the crime if you can't handle the time.
After a fun walk through your guys' 2016 ban appeal history I know you're naturally severe, so I knew my chances.
This is a pretty terrible excuse. :lol: Before you were caught blatantly evading a ban, you had a pretty good chance of having the team antagonist permanent ban shortened if not lifted with warning. We can still recover from this if you're willing to take the necessary steps.

I can point you in the right direction. Having a recommendation from another server would prompt me to discuss the ban details with Saegrimr, or you can wait a couple of months then appeal this ban for evasion when you show us you understand the repercussions for breaking server rules. If all goes well, next you may create another appeal for the team antag permaban and we'll review it separately.
YBS

Post by YBS » #249796

It's terrible and stupid, but not attempting an excuse. Just my resigned perspective. Don't have the will or want to argue. I have no rapport with any other server, so option one is out. If there is anything I should attempt to do to further my understanding of the consequences besides waiting, let me know and I'll do my best to have evidence of it ready. I won't ask for an exact time-frame for return.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #250381

Normally you wait six months to appeal a denied ban, though you have a rather innocuous history. You may make another appeal starting in May, and if we haven't heard anything negative from another server by then we'll review it.
YBS

Post by YBS » #250386

Alright. That's a hell of a lot shorter than forever. Barring fatality I'll be back in May - occasionally forum haunting for the reads. Thanks for the consideration in this issue.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #250586

If you have any concerns just hit someone up on supportbus.

Going to consider this resolved.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current