[Saegrimr] Cyfause - ID, Dsay, and OOC (really old)

Appeals which have been closed.
cyfause
Byond Username: Cyfause

[Saegrimr] Cyfause - ID, Dsay, and OOC (really old)

Post by cyfause » #251063

Byond account and character name:
CKEY = Cyfause

Banning admin:
Saegrimr

Ban type:
Identity, OOC, and deadsay

Ban reason and length:
In simplicity, a while ago, WJohnston and I did the dirty deeds,
so I got identity banned.
Then I talked a lot of stuff in OOC about my ban,
and received an OOC/Dsay ban. From saegrimr, too, I believe.
For the first part, ID ban, he said (not direct quotation, but a summation)
I would be banned permanantly until further notice, being, when I "just play the game."
The OOC and DSAY bans are, I believe, permanent, since no expiry was specified.

Time ban was placed:
The identity ban: 2016-09-26 || 21:54:56 (PST)
The other bans... approximately half a month after the initial ban. Not sure specifically when. Maybe that's a wrong estimate - sorry.

My side of the story:
Kind of irrelevant, as there isn't really any two-sides to it. The deed happened, I complained about it in OOC
(Don't recall complaining about it in dsay, but logs may prove that I did. Memory vague, and all)
There's nothing much else to say.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
It's 2017, February. I got banned in September of 2016. I've played on tgstation, albeit a bit sparesely. However,
that is still participating. I've tried to play a fairly neutral role, bartender, for the most part, so I can
show participation while keeping a very relaxed and non-aggressive (to prevent any kinds of other bans being instigated
on my head, i.e. security frustrations) role in the crew.

I believe the server has evolved to a point where many of the players aren't particularly interested in roleplay, but that's fine.
I still want to use this server, although, having to randomly generate a new person for every round (and some look quite grotesque)
isn't quite enjoyable so far. Sometimes I strike lucky with a believable character, and even though I use lizard- it's still keen
to produce strange visuals, and names for that matter, as well.

I'm creating this ban appeal with express intent for everything to fall back to normality.
Saegrimr, please think about this reasonably. What good is a punishment without a chance for recompense?
If else, a punishment serves the purpose of alienation and exclusion. Is exclusion your goal, or is it to reform?
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Saegrimr] Cyfause - ID, Dsay, and OOC (really old)

Post by Thunder11 » #251073

iamgoofball wrote:So your story has gone from, in the three appeals:
appeal 1. IT WASN'T ACTUAL ERP IT'S JUST MEMES
appeal 2. IT WAS ALL WJ HE TOTALLY FORCED ME TO ERP BAN HIM INSTEAD
appeal 3. BIG BAD SAEG IS TARGETING ME PLEASE HAVE PITY ON MY POOR SOUL
>Deleting Goof's posts even when he has a good point to make

The fact you can't stick to your story between appeals is something that is helpful to have brought up, imo.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #251075

Where does he claim saeg is targeting him
cyfause
Byond Username: Cyfause

Post by cyfause » #251077

Thunder11 wrote:

The fact you can't stick to your story between appeals is something that is helpful to have brought up, imo.
Would you care to find my appeals and do a pseudo-diff check and point out where I've falsified myself?
Goofball writing a ""summarized"" version of his understanding barely stands up to a fact, in my opinion.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #251078

I'm creating this ban appeal with express intent for everything to fall back to normality.
Saegrimr, please think about this reasonably. What good is a punishment without a chance for recompense?
If else, a punishment serves the purpose of alienation and exclusion. Is exclusion your goal, or is it to reform?
This is his (not very subtle) way of trying to blame shift to Saeg. He's trying to make Saeg out as the big bad evilmin who's abusing him because he only did a little thing wrong, poor cyfause.

It's shitty behavior, and combining that with his track record of changing stories and trying to shift blame elsewhere, it's a top quality """coincidence""""
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #251080

ALSO:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8310

let's look at that
A few times, (an estimate amount of times: 2, maybe 3) it got a bit sexual, and I kept suggesting (in character) that we should not be doing this on the facility.
WJohn's character was persistent in this (I don't hate you for this, WJohn, but please) idea of 'just a taste' (to be vague), and while my character sat on the chair, WJohn's character initiated the 'lewdings'.
This is absolutely covered in "i'm trying to make it seem like it was all WJ's fault pls ban him instead".

He later claims in the appeal that his excuse for not "just saying no"(he wasn't going to do this) was to "avoid hurting WJ's feelings"(then why are you throwing him under the bus in a ban appeal)

Your OOC logs which I'll go work on pulling involve you talking about how it wasn't really ERP, I have to dig around to find them though. I recall making fun of you for it.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #251082

cyfause wrote:
Thunder11 wrote:

Would you care to find my appeals and do a pseudo-diff check and point out where I've falsified myself?
Goofball writing a ""summarized"" version of his understanding barely stands up to a fact, in my opinion.
Pinning the entire thing on WJ because he initiated it, last time around, when you could've easily walked away, ahelped, or otherwise not have participated.

This time it all just vaguely smells of "You're being unreasonable Saeg, look how reasonable it would be to unban me.

Wouldn't it be easier to just admit you were wrong? You're far more likely to get it lifted doing that than offloading the blame on other people.

EDIT:
Also I wouldn't call a 4 month old ban "really old"
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #251084

Wouldn't it be easier to just admit you were wrong?
My side of the story:
Kind of irrelevant, as there isn't really any two-sides to it. The deed happened, I complained about it in OOC
???
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #251085

Mother fucker I was about to post and theres like 10 new replies arguing without me.

Each time i've been checking to see if you've been actively playing, and checking the logs related. You've played a total of 4 days the entirety of january.
The point is if you could be trusted to play regularly without a snowflake identity then it would be lifted, but instead you keep choosing to just not play at all. I understand that not having your snowflake character is apparently hindering your will to even play the game at all making this sort of a catch 22 of you just effectively being banned for good.

Since it's been this long and what arguably VERY FEW days you have in the connection history since the ban, it does seem like you want to at least try, so lets try a more normal probationary tactic. I remove the appearance ban but you get caught metabuddying or even so much as acknowledging pulsing lizard cloaca exist IC and it's a server ban instead.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #251086

Pretty sure was WJohnston who claimed it was just nemeing around. Goof's right about him trying to put the blame on WJohnston though.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 39#p220439
I had conducted sexually suggestive, and even at times, sexually active acts with WJohnsten in character. In my opinion, it was more initiated by WJohn himself.
WJohn's character was persistent in this (I don't hate you for this, WJohn, but please) idea of 'just a taste' (to be vague), and while my character sat on the chair, WJohn's character initiated the 'lewdings'.
Can't say In really defending Cyfaust because there is so much gayness there it makes me want to split my head open and scrub my brain with bleach to clear my mind of that faggotry but it does seem important to keep the facts straight.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #251094

Since it's been this long and what arguably VERY FEW days you have in the connection history since the ban, it does seem like you want to at least try, so lets try a more normal probationary tactic. I remove the appearance ban but you get caught metabuddying or even so much as acknowledging pulsing lizard cloaca exist IC and it's a server ban instead.
I believe this thread is resolved.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current